like a dead child's dream, the music box opens and fills your thoughts with blood

Starry Hatred [one shot]

 

The atmosphere was quiet tonight at academy; emotionally lonesome and was on the verge of creeping him out. The school had grown less and less populated over the course of a few months and the young 5th year was beginning to wonder if he was the only one whose lifestyle wasn't 'busy'. As the days grew longer and the nights shorter, he wondered to himself why it was hard to sleep at night. As a vampire who felt that he was still merely a human, the descendent of pureblood vampire; Marius Fortescue, was probably one of the few of his kind who actually slept. 
 
 
He slept and though he refused to believe it, he also dreamt. But his dreams were terrifying, nerve wrecking and overall - frustrating.
 
Were vampires supposed to dream?
 
It always started out the same: a dark, cloudless sky would linger above him, almost mocking his being as the moon illuminated a dim light upon the Earth. The breeze would rustle the colorless leaves on the trees that stood silently around him in a quiet song - a song of nature. In a forest he would stand alone and before he could even realize, the wind would rush past his hair - setting him free.
 
The eye of a storm.
 
When all would seem peaceful...
 
... Was when the nightmare would occur.
 
Blood. Blood everywhere. Dripping on his face and streaming down his neck as he would look up towards the sky and see the stars glistening down at him; red. So red. Thousands and thousands of blood stars leaked and soon - 
 
- what would have been a black and white tranquility became an angry red disturbance. 
 
What was the meaning of this?
 
Scared. He was scared and just when he felt like he couldn't take it anymore; a gentle hand would lie on his shoulder. Pure, like the snow, those long and slender fingers with a dainty wrist would turn his chin so he could face the body attached. 
 
Calm. Stay calm.
 
He would see her then. The woman he left behind, the one he promised to protect and cherish forever. She was beautiful - just as he remembered her to be. The image of the love of his life would forever be sketched into his mind as the dedication he continued to hold to her would never be broken. 
 
A minute would go by and all he wanted to do was to touch her, hold her against him and never let go. Though dreams never worked out that way and before he could reach out to her, this beautiful creature would turn into something he would never have imagined her to be. 
 
Fangs.
 
It would be enough to jolt him awake. Why? A question he repeatedly asked himself as he would sit in his dark room, covered in cold sweat while his slender fingers trembled by how realistic his visions were. It hurt him enough to already have to struggle on his own, to become one with what he has become, but yet his mind still taunted him. It brought up the past that should have been forgotten long ago. He hated himself for it, but never would he tell anyone of the hatred that lingered within him. 
 
My emotions that have no place to go wake me up.
 
Sighing softly to himself as he sat in the academy's sports field, the creature glanced up towards the night sky above him, his black and blue heterochormia eyes emotionless as he searched for an answer. Beauty in the eye of the beholder. The sky was definitely something like eye candy, but something in his heart hurts whenever the glimpse of a star would appear. Eyebrows furrowing in dismay at the strange feeling, all the young vampire could do was to question it. 
 
"How could something so beautiful be so terrifying?" 
 
 
 
 
 
It was only then that he had came to suddenly realize that he grown to dislike the starry sky.