The Trigger: 1/2

I'll Forgive You.

 

“I'm sorry..”


“Daddy? Daddy what's happening?”


“I'm so sorry Baekhyun..”


“Daddy I'm scared”


“Please forgive me.. Forgive your sad excuse of a father..”


“Are you crying?”


“Baekhyun just remember..”


“Daddy what’s happening!?”


“…remember that daddy loves you” 


“Are you leaving..!?”


but it's time to wake up now Bacon.”


“Wait, no daddy!”


“Daddy can’t be your light anymore.”

---

 

Tears.. That was the first thing Baekhyun remembered when he gained his sight. 
Why was he crying?

 

Maybe it's because he could finally see, or because adjusting to the light was hard. Then he noticed the unfamiliar faces that stared back at him. None of them were the one he wanted to see the most.

 

Where's dad? He asked. The nurses and doctor's eye looked at each other as if debating with each other mentally on how to answer the question. One of the nurses moved and dabbed at his tears as she smiled softly at him.

 

Where did Daddy go? He repeated, but all he received as an answer were sorrowful eyes and deadly silence. 


The nurses who had been there couldn't tell him the truth, not when he was so young. Not when he just began to see. When he just survived a surgery that almost sealed his fate.

 

Who were they to smear the eyes whose only hope were to see the man whose sole title was daddy' when darkness was all that could be seen. 

 

Who were they to destroy him?

 

But they also knew that their new found Angel was basically an orphan. So they banned together and begged the owner of the hospital to let the boy stay, that they would pay for his expenses.

 

Please just let him stay here.

 

And the Head agreed. After one visit to this boy the hospital staff wanted to protect so badly.


“What is it that you wish for child?”
 

And the boy responded with eyes filled with such innocence that it shook his soul. Yet the Head could see the glints of desperation along with sorrow dancing within those eyes.


“I wish to be happy..”

 

“Is that so-” but the Head was cut short by the rest of the answer.

 

“… I wish to finally be happy with Daddy.”

 

& The head visibly soften and let out a soft, “and why is that child?”

 

“Because daddy was my light when there was none.”

 

 

 

After that, Seoul’s Children Medical Center became Byun Baekhyun’s permanent location. At the time he was no more than 6, with the gift of vision and the longing for his father.
And so he waited. And waited. And waited. Years passed and he grew accustomed to the surroundings. 

 

The nurses and the Head would visit him time and time again, but no one ever told him where his father was.

 

Nurse Jessica acted like the mother Baekhyun never knew, and Head Nurse Taeyoon would come in and teach him how to write and read.

"Your body is still to weak for education systems, so you'll learn with me."

 

The Head was always kind to him; He brought him presents and would often ask him how he’s doing. Yet everyone went goes quiet or changes the subject with the mentioning of his Father.

 

He would always tell himself that Dad’s probably on a business trip again, that he’d be back again.

 

 

But that was before he met him.


 

Until he came.


 

Park Chanyeol was the Head's son; Baekhyun often saw him around the hospital when he snuck out of his room around the second year he was there.

 

From what he saw, the boy was often talking to other patients and passing nurses. He was an extremely friendly character that it creeped Baekhyun out at first, but he soon grew fond of seeing the happy boy prance around the hallways.

 

He enjoyed watching Park Chanyeol from his room. His aura warmed his heart.

 

The overly happy boy use to play in the courtyard beside his window often with the children patients, but he never seemed to notice Baekhyun.

 

Which was fine on his term. He wouldn’t even know what to say to the happy boy.

 

But then the days came where Chanyeol seemed silent and isolated. He still came to the hospital but looked as if all he needed was a hug.

 

As if he was breaking.

 

 

And then a day came where Chanyeol did something Baekhyun wasn’t expecting.

 

Chanyeol came to his room.

 

“Why are you always here?”

 

And Baekhyun just stared at him. To shock to speak. 

 

Park Chanyeol said his words with such hate… the icy tone seemed to drop the room’s temperature.

 

“Didn't you hear me? Why are you always here? Why are you always getting visits from my Father? Why are you so important?”


He found himself stuttering out a response and regretting it as soon as he did.

 

“D-daddy..”

 

He wanted to punch himself for sounding so weak.

 

“Oh that's right. You’re the patient who’s waiting on something that will never happen.”

 

“What?”  Baekhyun felt himself tense up, glaring at the other boy.

Is he saying that his father is hopeless?

 

“Newsflash princess, your dad killed himself years ago.”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart dropped. It felt like someone just poured a bucket of ice on him and then threw the bucket in his face.

& that person was someone he had seemingly had a crush on.

 

“Get out.” He said through gritted teeth.

“Can’t handle the truth princess?”

 

That smirk.

 

Baekhyun wanted to punch it.

 

“I SAID GET OUT!”

And as quick as he appeared, Park Chanyeol was gone.

 

And Baekhyun was left alone.

 

With the truth.

 

Dad’s dead.

 

Dead.

 

DEAD.

 

He killed himself years ago.

 

And then the realization hit.

 

and it felt as if his mind and reality were being torn apart.

 

“I’m so stupid..,” he whispered as his hands found them curling into his hair.

 

Of course he’s dead. Of course no one would ever tell him about that. He was ing 6 when he woke up in the hospital.

 

“Why… why… why….,” he broke into sobs as his body doubled over.

 

Was it my fault? Did I do that to him?

 

His vision was blurred and he could barely steady his breathing.

 

“Baekhyun?” He heard a tray clatter onto the floor before he inhaled a familiar perfume.

 

“J-Jessica noona...,” in a matter of seconds he was in Jessica’s arm with her attempting to calm him down; Taeyoon along with the other nurses soon piled in.

 

“Baekhyun what happened?”

 

“Dead..”
 

“What? Sweety talk to to me.”
 

“Daddy's dead...”

 

 

 

After that night, 12 year old Byun Baekhyun vanished. He left the hospital.

Leaving nothing but a letter.            

 

You were all so kind, and I’m sorry. I don’t want to be a burden anymore. Thank you.. for everything.

I loved each and every one of you,

but this is where we part.

- baekhyun

 

 

A/N: lol why u a chanyeol