Mine

You're All I Need

 

Soojung smiles and his hair like an owner brushing her doll’s hair. “You’re so beautiful,” she says, “and mine.” She giggles, thoroughly enjoying, and pinches his nose.

 

“Jongin-ah, have you ever wondered what my dreams in life was?” Soojung asks. “To be honest, I didn’t know what I want to do with my life. As long as it involves being with you, I am willing to do anything. Because you know you are my world… all my life has revolved around you. I love you so much. I really do.” She keeps smiling at him, holding him like a doll.

 

“Jongin-ah, do you remember the day we first met? You just ignored me but then I made everything for you to notice me and realize my love for you. Though it was aggressive of me to always stay by your side and chase you, I think it was the only way that you’d notice me. It worked though, right?” Soojung giggles and goes under her bed to retrieve an album.

 

It contains a lot of photos, mostly of Jongin, and some pictures of them together.

 

“You’ve always looked handsome in my eyes,” she whispers in such adoration.

 

Most of the pictures have Jongin not looking straight at the camera. Some were taken from afar; some from a near distance. She also has pictures of Jongin dancing, which, in general, are her favorites.

 

 

Soojung was there when little Jongin learned how to dance. She had always been looking at him from afar with such fascination. Her eyes twinkle when he sees him. Her moves in a rhythm along with his dances.  Although she was a young girl, she thinks she had fallen in love. She grew up believing that Jongin was hers, and she became possessive, like a little girl and her doll.She always wondered why Jongin never greeted her when she had always been at his side. Thus, she began doing things to catch his attention by making sure she was always in his way and being present to wherever Jongin was, trailing behind or walking at a far distance.

 

Jongin. Jongin. Jongin.

 

She knows no other name but his. Her heart beats no other name but his. Her eyes see no one but him.

 

At the sight of him with other girls, she turns like a monster and scares them away. No one can go very near or even touch Jongin except her. She believes that she’ll marry Jongin and live their lives together until death parts them. So when rumors of Jongin being with someone else circulate, she makes sure the girl becomes a rumor, too.

 

She continues to be with Jongin.

 

When Jongin runs, she runs too. When Jongin moves to another home, she moves too, thinking that he’s showing him places she can choose of where they can live in the future.

 

One night, Soojung watches Jongin sleeping. It is such a beautiful sight, and Soojung makes sure she’s the only one who can see different sides of him.

 

She takes Jongin home - finally, after what seemed years - and feels proud that they can finally live in one apartment together. It is small, but enough for the two of them. They can always move into a bigger place…that is if he ever decides to one day. Her love for Jongin is incomparable and it can’t be measured easily. No words can probably perfectly describe the way she loves him. Maybe as deep as an ocean, but oceans have a certain depth and she knows that her love for him is beyond that. It is endless. She knows she can love him like no other can, maybe more than the way his mother does. She knows she can protect him. She can do anything for Jongin. All for his sake.

 

Soojung chuckles as she recalls these memories. It has been quite a while since they’ve been together. She stops his hair, leaves the room and decides to get a cup of ramyun. When she comes back, she smiles at the sight of Jongin, peacefully lying, like how she has left him. She chuckles, again, at the thought of him moving.

 

“I’m sorry, Jongin.”

 

She touches his wound, glad to know that the bleeding has finally stopped.

 

“But if I can’t have you, then no one else can.”

 

She smiles and holds the cold, lifeless hand of Jongin. He never looked this beautiful and peaceful than before. Jongin that is hers.