In My Garden

My Flower Daisy

Like any other day, Suk woke up, not according to his own will but to the continuous phone calls and the knocks at the door. He was rather unwilling to wake up but his mind kept reminding him that he had an important business discussion and if he's late, Momma Jang will make a kabayaki out of him. Little did he know that today was the last day that he'll ever want to wake up late. Not without a reason, of course . .  . What was it? 

 

 

  

 Someone was following her, across a field full of red poppies. As her hands brushed against a few of them, crystalline blood that sparkled in the moonlight trickled down its beautiful petals. Aghast, she stood rooted at the sight. And a firm hand gripped her shoulders.

"Aaaaaargh!!!" Daisy woke up with a shriek. It was a dark dream. It's been haunting her for a few weeks now. She kept analyzing the possible reasons for such a dream and in her perfectly happy little life, she couldn't find a single reason. 

She didn't want a lot from life and she knew how to be happy with what she had but these little recurrent trips into her unconscious made her doubt herself. What is it that her mind was telling her? 

Her phone vibrated at her bedside. 

"Hello, Jen! Are you here yet? I think I overslept." 

"Hey, no. I called in to say that I'll be there only by the evening. The flight is late. I will board by 11." 

"Oh, okay. I'll be waiting for you!" 

The phone died right after the call and she went to find the charger and to charge it. She couldn't believe it that she slept for 11 hours straight. It's been a tough week at the School. She's been working day in and day out over the Annual Day Celebrations. Moreover, she was busy organizing a little get-together for her friends who were going to land in Malaysia this week. They were meeting each other after a few years and everybody was extremely thrilled about the get-together. 

As any other day, she freshened up and got online, checked the new posts and updates in Facebook. Especially one group that was dedicated to Jang Keun Suk, her favorite star. The group was special to her as there were people who were similar to her. She could relate to them and they to her. It was as if they were all destined to meet. It was their little family and Daisy was proud to be a part of it. 

By 11, Daisy had done with her breakfast and work so she decided to log into her Whatsapp. And suddenly, her friend Jean logged in as well. 

"Hey sis, I heard a rumour that Sukkie's gonna come to Malaysia today. It's could be a totally fabricated story but, I thought I'd warn you. You don't want the same thing to happen as that day years back, right? he he. " 

"Aigoo. Dae, Arasso. I'll keep my eyes open for him."

"Also, your heart. And . . . "

"Aigoo, aren't you naughty! Geuman hae .  . !" Daisy was blushing. Is it true? Is he really coming here? Will she be able to meet him? Every time somebody posted pictures and fancams, she always wanted to be in their shoes, and be the one who could do things like that. But, fate had other things in mind it seems. 

"Sis, okay, I'm late for college. I'll whatsapp you after it's over. Do tell me if you meet your Prince Charming today. He he! I love youuuu!" 

"Dae . . Love you too.  Go now." 

Daisy got up and started pacing across the room. Only if she had got to meet him that day. Damn!

Her phone rang at the very moment. "Daisy, Jen will be there in an hour or so. You haven't forgotten have you?"

"No, Ryan. I haven't. I was just going to make a move."

"Yeah, start soon. There was a lot of people there in the morning when I went to get my mom. It was unnaturally crowded. Must be some students or something. You know how noisy and messy they could be."

"Oh, okay. Yeah, I'll try to avoid them. And anyhow, I am good at dealing with students. He he. Got so many years of practice!" 

"Ha ha. Yeah, I almost forgot that part of it." 

"Okay, I'm going now. See you on Monday at the party!" 

"Yeah, enjoy the vacations till then!" 

"Yeah, after that it'll be hell right? he he."

"Yes, you said it. Bye." 

 

Daisy reached the airport just in time. Ryan was right, it was damn crowded. There were papers strewn everywhere, which was unlike the usual. It all looked like some kind of posters or flyers. Maybe they are working for some cause, Daisy thought. 

"Hey there!" Jen called from across the floor.  

"Hey, how was the journey?" Daisy hugged her.

"It was fun, but let's get out of here first. This airport is so stuffy. Why are there SO many people here? I can't stand this. Let's go!" 

"Yes, let us!" 

They loaded the entire luggage into the car and started out their journey.

"Let's take a different way than the usual, these youngsters are everywhere. I wonder what is happening here. Hey, you know, an EEL friend of mine said that there's a rumour that Jang Keun Suk is coming here." 

"What do you think, Daisy? I heard there was some high end meeting there at Tree J early this morn. Cherry updated some pictures and all. I wonder if he'd be traveling right after such a tiring day. Must be a rumour." 

"I thought so too. Too bad. We're out of luck. I fantasized meeting him randomly at the airport. he he. "

"That wouldn't have been too bad, though. Wow, it would have been cool if we both arrived together. Same flight would have been even better. Damn! You got me into the daydreaming mode!" 

"Ha ha! When are you not in that mode?! Hey, do you remember our favourite Ramyun hangout? Wanna go there now? Or are you too tired?"

"Let's go. I am hungry for yummy Ramyun." 

 

 

They entered the Ramyun Shop to find it almost as empty as it could get. Daisy wondered if it had something to do with all the students flocking at the airport. How could it be? Don't be ridiculous- she told herself. 

"Uncle, give us our favorite Ramyun." She placed the order. The guy there knew them since they were kids and he quickly came with their orders and chit-chatted with them for some time. Daisy and Jen then discussed about their future plans, what they missed in these years and moreover, Jen's wedding plans - she was getting married in 3 months' time. 

Jen's phone rang and it was Thomas, her fiancé. She went out to tell him how she already missed him and the usual stuff. Daisy sat there, doodling with the chopsticks. 

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where this place is? Do you have any idea?" A beautiful hand produced a business card in front of her. The girl was really pretty. Daisy looked at the card and realized she knew the place. In fact, it was close to the place where she worked. 

"Oh, this is easy. Should I write down the directions?" 

"That would be nice. Please, will you?"

"Yes, of course." 

"Kim, is it done. .   ? " A second voice came from afar. The voice was thick and y, there was something foreign about it; something y. Daisy peered across to check who it was.

Leopard printed tailcoat, golden yellow shirt and deep brownish yellow jeans. Whom are you kidding, Fates? - Daisy wanted to ask. 

"Omo . .  ", the word escaped .

"Are you okay?" The girl asked. The handsome face just sneered at her with amusement. He knew that he was found out. 

Daisy went back to scribbling down the directions. Jen came back in the mean time. 

As soon as the girl went away, Daisy whispered to Jen, "Ya, it's true. He's here. JKS, he's here. I mean, HERE. Literally. I just saw him. I cannot control my heart. Ah, eottokke!!! Do something. I wanna talk to him. Take a picture with him. , all I did was stare at him. Do something, chingu-yah!" 

"Calm down, calm down. What are you saying? Come again. He's here? What do you mean "he's here"? It's not possible."

"Hmm Hmm." Somebody cleared their throat. Jen and Daisy turned back.

"I wanted to thank you for your help. I don't have anything special on me right now, so can I take a picture of us all?"

"Ah, nae, sure." Jen was quick to answer. 

He came close to Daisy, leaned on her shoulder and placed the phone in front of the three of them. Daisy could hardly breathe. She was surely going to die at this rate. She forgot how to breathe- THAT was the truth.

 

 

Like a blinding flash of light, the rest of her day was blank and it didn't register in her mind. At night, Jen interrogated her to see whether she still had the noose to her sanity or whether it committed suicide or not. Daisy was too thrilled to entertain her tonight. Tonight, she was his. Her dreams were his.