A Cold Day of Adventures

A Cold Day of Adventures

JongKey – Warning, I have no idea if it is rated M but yeah. Forewarn, is ← that and that it's a one-shot. Enjoy ^_^

 

“What'cha reading hyung?” Key asked. He crawled into the bed and snuggled up next to Jonghyun, who was reading a book quietly.

 

“It's called Dead Island. It's about a zombie apocalypse.” Jonghyun smiled. He closed his book, placing the book mark Key had made for him on the page and setting the book down onto the desk next to him.

 

“What are you doing Jjongie? Why have you stop reading?” Key asked. Jonghyun wrapped his arms around Key's shoulder and he pulled the younger boy closer to him. Jonghyun rested his head gently on top of Keys and he smiled.

 

“You really wanna know why?” He asked.


“Yeah.” Key nodded.


“It's because you're here. I would rather spend time with you than read a book.” Jonghyun replied. Key sat up and he hit Jonghyun on the shoulder. But he was smiling and blushing furiously.

 

“Yah! You shouldn't stop reading just because I'm here...” He looked away shyly. Jonghyun chuckled and he pulled the boy closer. It was a cold Thursday and it was the middle of winter. Snow had filled the backyard up and turned the grass white. Jonghyun and Key were snuggling under the blankets in bed. They had both slept in, but because Key was a diva he got up and fixed his hair. Jonghyun, however, just sat quietly and read his book until Key came back.

 

“Awh Key~! You're adorable! How did I manage to find such a beautiful diva like you?” Jonghyun kissed Key on the side of his cheek and he blushed. Jonghyun could feel his boyfriend's cheeks heating up and he smiled.

 

“Hyung...” Key paused.


“What's up baby?” Jonghyun answered.


“Let's go outside and play in the snow!” Key sat up. He was energetic and eager to go outside. Jonghyun had not seen Key this happy and energetic, but nonetheless he smiled and got out of bed. It was only then he realised that he was and he turned around slowly.

 

“...Can you close the curtains please?” Jonghyun asked quietly. Key got up and closed the curtains. While Jonghyun got changed Key watched silently.


“Hyung, how do you see in the dark?” Key asked. The room was only half lit by the light coming through the curtains and Jonghyun walked around to open them. He shrugged.

 

“I've adapted. You know, how I used to live in the alley way before I met you. I opened the curtains because I had jeans on and I'm really self-conscious when I'm like that. Man, you know and found out last night!” Jonghyun smiled. He crawled onto the bed and sat in Key's lap. Key gently his hair and he wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's torso.


“Kyeopta hyung.” Key replied.

 

“Yeah, I remember when I first met you in the café. Remember when you worked there and I asked for a coffee? That was the first day we met.” Key chuckled and Jonghyun smiled.

 

“Yeah, and then you followed me home every time you were inside the café!” Jonghyun lightly smacked Key's thighs and the younger boy giggled.


“Yeah. Come on hyung, can we please go outside and play today?” Key begged. Jonghyun turned around and he sighed dramatically.

“I suppose, only if I have a kiss on the lips first?” Jonghyun smirked. Key smiled, kissing Jonghyun passionately and when he parted, Jonghyun whined.

 

“But your lips are so soft and warm!” Jonghyun pouted.

 

“Yah! It sounds erted!” Key smacked Jonghyun. Both the boys jumped off the bed and they chased each other around.

 

“Only because you make it sound erted! Oh wait, maybe it is...” Jonghyun questioned. He shrugged. Jonghyun was the chaser and Key was the target. When Key tried to run into the hallway, Jonghyun grabbed him by his waist and swung him around. Key giggled as Jonghyun swung him around before placing him on the ground and wrapping his arms around Key's waist.

 

“I love you Jonghyun.” Key turned around and hugged the smaller boy. Jonghyun hugged him back and snuggled into Key's chest.


“I love you too, Kibum.” Jonghyun replied.


“I'll get a shirt on and we'll go outside okay?” Jonghyun announced as they pulled away. Key's eyes lit up and he jumped up and down in joy. He squealed like a girl and he hugged Jonghyun again.

“Really hyung? Really! Oh my god thank you so much!” Key pecked Jonghyun lightly and he bolted outside. Jonghyun laughed and grabbed a few shirts. He put them on as fast as he could and walked outside.

 

“Hey Kibum! What do you want to do?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Hmm, tag!” Key smirked. Jonghyun was surprised, he had expected a game of snow ball fighting and instead he got a game of tag! But he didn't mind as he enjoyed chasing Key and if it made him happy, then that was all that mattered.

 

“Tag, you're it!” Key tagged Jonghyun. Jonghyun switched his game face on and when Key had run a certain distance, he started running after the taller boy. Numerous of times, Key got Jonghyun and Jonghyun got Key back. The two boys laughed, playing around until midday and they collapsed on the ground. Exhausted.

 

“I haven't had that much fun in a while! It's been ages since I've played in the snow.” Jonghyun breathed. Key laughed and they could see their breaths in the air. The snow had started to fall again and it was becoming colder.


“Same here, I've only played in the snow with people I trust and love. It's been years since I've done this.” Key replied. Key sat up and he sneezed, sniffing and groaning. Jonghyun sat up and he lifted Key into his arms, before standing up and taking him inside the house.

 

“Jjongie! What are you doing?” Key yelled. Jonghyun smirked.

 

“What do you think baby? I'm taking you inside, you might've caught a cold and I want to treat you as soon as I can.” Jonghyun replied. Key surrendered, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun's neck securely and he snuggled into Jonghyun's neck.


“You're warm, Jonghyun.” Key muttered into his shoulder. Jonghyun could only just make out what he said.


“Haha, thank you little kitty. You're....luke warm. That is why we need to get you treated. Okay Key, grab some clothes and go and have a hot shower.” Jonghyun chuckled. He set Key down gently and the younger boy pouted. He really didn't want to have a shower and he certainly couldn't be bothered getting his clothes.

 

“Do I have to hyung?” He pouted.


“Yes, you do.” Jonghyun walked into their bedroom. He grabbed some clothes for Key and he placed them on the bed. He then grabbed a pink towel for Key and set that on top of Key's clothes. Before he went to pick up the pile of clothes, he stopped and waited for a few seconds. He sneezed and coughed violently afterward.


“, I forgot that usually happens when I'm outside in the snow for a while...” Jonghyun sniffed. Key came running in, panic written all over his face and he walked up to Jonghyun.

 

“What happens when you're out in the snow for a while?” Key demanded. Jonghyun sheepishly smiled and scratched his head awkwardly.

 

“You see, when I was younger and my parents were still alive, I played in the snow with my sister often. Each time, after we finished playing, I usually had some kind of a cough. It varied and it hasn't been this bad for a few years, but it always happens when I'm outside in the snow for several hours. So you see, that's why I'm coughing like this!” Jonghyun answered. Key placed his hands on his hips and glared at Jonghyun.

 

“Pabo! Why didn't you tell me!” Key smacked Jonghyun's arm.


“Ow! I totally forgot about it! Key, what are you doing?” Jonghyun asked. Key had moved around and he had opened Jonghyun's drawers. He was getting a spare change of clothes for Jonghyun and he placed them next to his clothes. Then he went to grab a electro green towel and he picked up Jonghyun's pile, with the green towel on top. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows as if he were to say “You cheeky bastard” and he smiled.


“Hey, I am fine. You however, are not. So mush, get into that shower or bath.” Jonghyun demanded.
“Oh you're coming with me, shower or bath?” Key winked. He headed off towards the bathroom and Jonghyun sighed. He picked up Key's clothes and sighed again.


“Diva...” Jonghyun muttered as he walked to the bathroom. He placed Key's clothes down next to his own and when he turned around, Key was half . He had no shirt on and light denim jeans on.

 

“Aren't you cold?” Jonghyun asked as he took off his clothes. He left his jeans on and walked over to Key, who had started to run the bath water.


“Not exactly...” Key lied. Jonghyun could see the goose bumps on Key's arms and he wrapped his arms around the taller boys waist.

“Don't lie Key, seriously. Just tell me when you're cold and I'll warm you up...somehow.” Jonghyun snuggled into Key's shoulder. Key was a little surprised, but returned the hug and wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's body.

 

“Okay, you'll tell me when you're cold too a'ight?” Key asked quietly.


“Yeah, sure. If that's what you want baby.” Jonghyun sighed. He was happy, in Key's arms and he loved Key with his life. Key loved it when Jonghyun clung to him like a little child and he certainly loved Jonghyun with his life, also.

 

“Yeah, I love you Jonghyun.” Key whispered. Suddenly, there was a loud bang and Key screamed. He hugged Jonghyun tighter, Jonghyun listening intently and walking over to the window. Key held onto his hand and bit his finger gently. Key was afraid of thunderstorms, all kinds of thunderstorms and yet, Jonghyun loved them.

 

“It's just a thunder-snow storm Key, It's alright.” Jonghyun assured. Key clung onto Jonghyun when another loud bang came and Jonghyun smiled softly.

“Come on Key, get in the bath. It's almost ready.” Jonghyun comforted. He assumed that he would be taking the shower, but when he went to walk towards the shower Key pulled his hand gently and shook his head.

 

“No, please have a bath...with me.” Key blushed. Jonghyun was surprised, but nodded his head and the two got undressed before getting into the bath. The bath was fairly large and you could sit side by side. Key sat next to Jonghyun, snuggling into him while the thunder boomed throughout their home. Jonghyun rested his head gently on Key's and he wrapped his arm around Key's shoulders.


“It's okay Key, I'm here.” Jonghyun comforted.


“I know, thank you.” Key replied quietly.


“I love you, Kibum.” Jonghyun whispered.

 

 

Hey guys,


So....


I got inspired by Belle-Unni and WhisperOfTheLucifer yesterday! So I wanted to write a JongKey one-shot again!

IS IT OKAY?! *Runs and hides in the corner * Waah!! Please tell me if it is okay? Anyway, how are we all? Are we all having fun on our holidays? Hm, I'm hungry *looks towards the kitchen * I might get some food... Okay, enough of my rant. I hope you guys enjoyed this and thanks for looking at it/reading it! I have a feeling it's rated M maybe, but I have no idea so for now I think I will leave it.

 

See you later! ~Andie-San

I'm sorry guys! I couldn't find a cover photo T^T