Webs We Weave

Webs We Weave

 

 

HyoSung stared at the message on her phone. She took a deep breath and listened to see if anyone had woken up from hearing the vibration. She waited for a good 20 minutes then quietly sat up in bed and looked around. Everyone else was deep asleep. She her lips nervously and got out of the squeaky bed at a painfully slow rate to avoid any noise. She pulled on her shoes and sat for another 5 minutes. She tiptoed to the door and waited again. She opened the door to the minimum for her to get out then quietly slipped out the dorm and shut the door. She waited once again to make sure no one came after her. She had a cover story but she preferred not to have to use it. She walked through the hallways of the company until she got to the door of the classroom they used to learn English and Japanese. She knocked in a rhythm and the door swung open.

Both she and YongGuk broke into gummy grins when they saw each other. YongGuk pulled her inside and shut and locked the door.

“I thought you fell asleep,” he said smiling at his girlfriend.

HyoSung shook her head.

“I was extra careful. Remember, JongUp almost caught us last time?”

YongGuk grimaced at the memory.

“But at least it was JongUp,” he said, “His slowness saved us.”

HyoSung nodded and moved closer to YongGuk who was leaning against a desk.

“So…what are we doing tonight?”

She traced her finger along YongGuk’s collarbone and looked up at him through her thick eyelashes. She knew YongGuk was weak for that look and she smiled to herself when YongGuk bit down on his lip.

YongGuk placed his hand behind her neck and kissed her.

“We can do whatever you want, baby.”

She closed her eyes as YongGuk’s lips trailed down her neck. She was about to let out a quiet moan when there was a sharp knock on the door.

She and YongGuk jumped apart and stared from each other to the door. YongGuk motioned for HyoSung to hide under the teacher’s desk but she refused. She wasn’t going to let YongGuk take all the blame. YongGuk scowled but made his way to the door when he realized HyoSung wasn’t budging.

He cracked the door open to see JiEun. YongGuk gulped. This wasn’t good.

“Were we supposed to meet tonight?” JiEun asked. “I thought I heard you pass by our dorm so I came.”

HyoSung overheard JiEun and frowned.

“No, I just wanted some alone time,” YongGuk said quietly.

But HyoSung caught that too. Her face turned stone cold and she walked up behind YongGuk and yanked the door open.

“Can we help you?” she asked JiEun coldly. She knew she should be mad at YongGuk and not JiEun but her pride wouldn’t let her show JiEun that she had been fooled.

JiEun gaped at HyoSung.

“What the hell are you two doing?”

YongGuk opened his mouth to spout a lie but HyoSung quickly spoke up.

“What do you think we’re doing, JiEun?”

JiEun immediately turned red and glared at YongGuk.

“Really, YongGuk? You’re cheating on me? With her?”

HyoSung’s blood boiled at the way JiEun seemed to think she wasn’t good enough for YongGuk who continued to flounder like a fish out of water.

“Baby,” YongGuk started, “I –”

JiEun held up her hand to stop him and HyoSung could see angry tears forming in her eyes. For a second she felt sympathy towards JiEun but it was quickly replaced by jealousy. She was quite happy to see JiEun suffer.

“Save it,” JiEun said, “We’re done. You have your toy to keep you company at night now.”

JiEun glanced at HyoSung who hardened her heart to the pain in JiEun’s eyes then walked off. YongGuk buried his face in hands but HyoSung roughly pulled them away.

“So I’m your toy?” she hissed. She lifted her hand slapped YongGuk across the cheek. YongGuk looked furious but HyoSung pulled out her phone.

“Don’t you dare, YongGuk, don’t you dare leave me.”

“Or what?” YongGuk spat.

“I have pictures, YongGuk. Would you like me to show these to Manager Kang and tell him how you took advantage of me?” HyoSung threatened.

YongGuk gaped at HyoSung.

“You would do that to me?”

HyoSung smirked and shut the door.

“I love you, YongGuk and I’m not letting you go, whether you like it or not.”