Always

Always

ALWAYS

Jae Joong looked up as his mom’s soft voice reach his ears at the same time feeling his nurturing hands on his. “Jae Joong – ah… no matter what we tell you today, keep in mind that nothing will change.. you will always be our son”

Jae Joong frown, confusion on his face. He looked at his mom who was now in tears while he’s dad seemed to be reluctant to say a single word to him..about whatever it is that they wanted to talk about with him.

“Umma, Appa…what’s the problem…”

Looking up up to Jae Joong, the younger man felt like his world stopped once the older Kim spoke. “Jae Joong-ah..we’re not…you’re real..parents”

Jae Joong pulled his hands away from his mom “Umma, what are you saying?”

“You’re real mother…”

Jae Joong got up on his seat, head shaking. “I better go back to the apartment now, Umma... it’s..it’s getting late” And without so much of a word, Jae Joong left his parents in dazed.


Jae Joong crept into their apartment later that night. After leaving his parents, he didn’t went him as what he told him, instead he took a long walk along the streets. Luckily, no one recognized him…or maybe he just hid his face so well that he didn’t gave them a reason to recognize him. He just need to think things over and clear his cloudy mind.

Knowing pretty sure that the 4 other guys living with him was still awake, he duck his head a little and peek inside. It was easy to see if there’s a people in the dining room or the living room. Yun Ho was nowhere to be seen but the other three younger guys are on the couch watching television with a bowl of nacho chips.

Chang Min was the first to notice him when the former got up to probably get some drink.

“oh, Hyung..you’re back…”

Jae Joong smiled as he ease himself in, as if not wanting to make his presence know when the 3 men already knew he came. “uhmm… yeah…”

Yun Ho notice Jae Joong avoided his questioning look when he came out of their room. Walking around the counter, Jae Joong took a glance at the clock. He just got home and still had enough time to prepare them a nice dinner.

“Jae Joong-ah…”

“I’m gonna make you guys a nice dinner… learned something new”, turning to Chang Min, he took the chip he took the chips that the younger boy was munching it. “Save some room for dinner.. “

Jae Joong continued talking, Yun Ho sighed. Something’s definitely wrong. Jae Joong’s talkative when it’s just the 5 of them but he’s way talkative now and that could only mean one thing..he’s trying to hide something. And it wasn’t long til the other three notice it, too. They sat around the table in silence as they Jae Joong served them another hearty meal, dinner ended quietly and they all went back to watch the television. Yoo Chun gave his Yun Ho hyung a knowing look before he took the space between Chang Min on the couch.

It only took a few minutes before Jae Joong excused himself saying he felt tired and wanted to sleep early. “You guys don’t sleep late” he told them as he walked towards the room he’s sharing with Yun Ho.



“Jae..” an almost whispering voice caught Jae Joong’s ears. Looking up he found Yun Ho standing behind him. “Where have you been.. you’re dad called me several times asking if you’re home, you got us so damn worried”

“Jae..” Yun Ho was at lost for word. Walking slowly to the older man, wrapping his arms around Jae Joong, he let the other’s head rest on his shoulder.

Yun Ho let Jae Joong cry, and Jae Joong didn’t stop himself from crying. After a while, Jae Joong finally calmed down. Washing his face with his hands, tears stared flowing from the his eyes. “Will you guys stil accept me if you found out that I’m not the Kim Jae Joong that you guys thought that I am?” he asked, looking at their leader, his best friend.

Yun Ho stared at Jae Joong taking in every word his friend just him. Rubbing his friend’s back, Yun Ho spoke “Jae…I can’t say I understand what you’re going through right now, I don’t even know how much pain you’re feeling but that doesn’t change anything, you hear me…you may not be family by blood it’s not by blood that made them your family but by heart, the love you feel for them and them towards you… like us, we’re all not related by blood but we are and we’ll always be one whole family… you’re still one of us and you will always be one of us, keep that in that hard head of yours” a smile formed on Yun Ho’s face and so did in Jae Joong’s, who’s now feeling a lot better.

“Gomapda! Cheongmal… gomapda!”

Before Yun Ho can say a word, they heard a noise coming from the room followed by three bodies falling on top of each other. Jae Joong gaped as he saw Chang Min, Jun Su and Yoo Chun, who’s in tears get up on their feet as quickly as possible.

“How long have you guys been behind that door!” Yun Ho placed his hand on his waist, as he spoke with authority, as if he’s angry.

“Eerr… it’s Jun Su hyung’s..he said.he thought.. he might have heard Jae hyung crying” Chang min stammered as he found his tongue back first.

“We didn’t mean to eavesdrop, Hyung… Mianhe..”

“..but.. we kind of heard it Hyung.. it doesn’t matter… you’re still our Umma” Yoo Chun tried to joke to make the already light mood around the room but still gained a light hit from Jun Su.

“I..” Jae Joong started as he feels like crying again. He’s overwhelmed by the love these four men have towards him. Even Chang Min who’s still acting a little overly formal is here for him, all of them are. “Aish! I didn’t want you guys to see me like this” he laugh, or at least he tried too but it came out as a sob.

“ai, hyung..you’re making Yoo Chun hyung cry, too”, Jun Su exclaimed trying to contain himself as well. Yun Ho wrapped his one arm over Jae Joong and the other three followed and they encircled the oldest, the group’s “umma”, a group hug

“We’ll be here for you, Jae Joong-ah” Yun Ho said

Always..” the other three chorused.