My Girlfriend Can't Even Cook!

My Girlfriend Can't Even Cook!

"Ugh! Not like that," Briston exclaimed, pulling Julianna's hand away from the stove dial. "You need to turn the heat down, like this."

"O-oh," Julianna muttered, blushing slightly from the contact.

Briston looked down at their hands, still intertwined, and quickly pulled away.

"S-sorry," He mumbled, blushing furiously.

"It's okay. Come on, let's cook!" Julianna said, turning back to the stove.

"I still can't believe I let Amberle' talk me to into this," Briston said, shaking his head. Amberle' had begged him to teach Julianna how to cook. Although neither of the two present realized it, Amberle' had been up to some matchmaking when she set up the cooking lesson. It was obvious to everyone but Briston and Julianna that they liked each other, and Amberle' was determined to change that.

"Come on. It's not my fault she set this up! Amberle''s just weird like that," Julianna said.

"Whatever. You need the help. I still can't comprehend how you managed to burn ramen," Briston teased.

"She told you about that?!" Julianna yelled, her face bright red from embarassment.

"Well, duh. How else do you think she could have talked me into this?"

"I don't know. Maybe because it would be fun?"

"Psh. Fun? How could this be fun?" Briston teased, loving the way Julianna looked when she blushed. He could never admit it, but he had liked her for a while now. How could he not be attracted to her? She was so different from other girls. Everything about her was so... unique.  Everything from her green hair to her obsession with Invader Zim was out of the ordinary, and Briston loved that.

"Hey! I'm fun! Remember when I beat you at Just Dance? How is that not fun?" Julianna said indignantly.

"Suuure," Briston laughed. "Now come on! Let's cook."

"Finally!" Julianna exclaimed. "What are we making, anyway?"

"Chicken Alfredo. Here, you cut the chicken so I can cook the noodles. That way you can't burn them like that ramen."

"Hey! It's not my fault I forgot to add water!" Julianna yelled.

"How is that not your fault? That's like saying it's not my fault I planted birdseed and Cheerios in my backyard when I was seven!"

"You did what?!" Julianna asked, laughing maniacally.

"What? I thought that was where birds and doughnuts came from..." Briston says sheepishly.

Julianna was nearly doubling over with laughter. As she laughed, she still tried to cut the chicken into pieces like how Briston had showed her. Due to her laughing, her hand slipped and she ended up slicing her finger.

"Ah," she blurted, quickly dropping the knife and examining her finger. The tip of her finger had a gash across it, and it was bleeding heavily. Seeing this, Briston quickly came over to see what had happened.

"Are you okay?" He asked hurriedly, panicking.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." Julianna said, laughing awkwardly. "I just, um, c-cut my finger when I was slicing the chicken. I guess I was laughing too hard."

"Ugh, be more careful! You should never handle a knife when you're not concentrating!"

"Well it's too late now, isn't it?"

Briston sighed. "Fine. Let me go grab the first aid kit."

"No! I'm fine, really. It's just a cut," Julianna tried to stop him, but Briston had already left to grab the kit.

When he came back, Julianna tried to protest again but he wouldn't have it. He drug her to the couch and took her finger in one hand. He starting cleaning it, causing Julianna to wince slightly.

"Sorry," Briston said hastily, pulling away the cotton swab.

"It's fine," Julianna assured him, laughing a bit. He was so cute when he was panicking!

Briston then finished cleaning her finger and went to pick up the bandage at the same time that Julianna did.

Their fingertips touched, and they both felt electric schocks run up their arms to their hearts from the contact. They both looked up, and stared into each other's eyes. Briston found himself leaning in, and he was dead sure that Julianna was coming forward as well.

Their lips met, and neither had felt anything so electrifying in their lives. Julianna could feel her heart pounding; it was though it wanted to break out of her ribcage and run free. Briston pulled away slowly, opening his eyes. Julianna was staring at him breathlessly. 

"So, does this mean we're...?" Briston trailed off, hoping she knew what he meant.

"Um, I think we are." Julianna laughed, intertwining her fingers with his.

They sat like that for a while, enjoying the silence. It wasn't an awkward silence; there was a certain comfort in it that neither could describe.

After a few moments, Julianna finally remembered what they had been doing before the kiss.

"Oh gosh! Crap!" She yelled, jumping to her feet. "The noodles!"

She ran into the kitchen and rushed to turn the stove off. She drained the noodles, and took one out to test. It was definitely overcooked; it was soggy and mushy and just plain gross. Briston, who had been watching her reaction, took one out of the pot and put it in his mouth. He grimaced and looked over to Julianna, glaring playfully.

"Gosh, my girlfriend can't even cook!" He teased.

"Hey! How is this my fault?! You were in charge of the noodles!" She exclaimed indignantly.

"Whatever. Which one of us was stupid enough to laugh while cutting chicken?"

"You were the one that made me laugh!" She argued.

"Whatever!" Briston laughed, dumping the noodles into two bowls and covering them with sauce.

"Um, Briston?" Julianna asked, confused. "We can't eat those noodles. They're disgusting."

Briston smirked evilly.  "Just because we can't eat them, doesn't mean we can't give them to someone else."

"Brylan! Braxton! Time for lunch!" He yelled up the stairs. There were faint replies of 'okay', and Julianna laughed, finally understanding what Briston was getting at.

"You're evil, you know that?" She said, slapping his shoulder.

"I know, I just don't care," Briston said simply. He then set to work making a new batch of pasta for him and Julianna; one that hopefully wouldn't be burnt.