1/1

Femme Fatale

Nothing can possibly be worse than spending a Friday evening by yourself with no plans at all. Here I was, slowly sinking into my couch, beer in hand and switching between all possible channels available. These things were happening more and more often. I wondered whether I'd die a or something, since I was obviously not getting it on.

Forever alone...

I turned the TV off and threw the remote on the couch. Perhaps there was no other choice but to turn in early. I did have a morning shift at work tomorrow...

The door bell rang, and I couldn't have been any faster to open it than I was at that moment. Outside were two quite familiar faces.

"Good evening, SunBun!" Hyomin greeted with a bright smile.

Amber grinned at me. "You shouldn't be so quick to open without checking, Sunkyu. There could've been a complete stranger at the door."

I rolled my eyes at her. "I'm bored, I wasn't thinking right."

Riiiight..., her look told me with dripping sarcasm.

I turned to Hyomin. "What are you doing here, anyway? Don't you have plans like normal people?"

"We could ask you the same thing," Amber responded. "And yes, we do have plans," she continued, "and they involve you."

Me? I thought. Anything to get out of here. "Go on," I said, "do tell."

Before I knew it, I found myself in front of a brand new club that had opened some time last week. A tacky neon sign above the entrance read The Grind, which was possibly the worst name I'd ever heard for a club. It clearly spoke of some of the guests' intentions, eyeing the middle-aged men behind me in business suits and thick-rimmed glasses.

We showed our IDs to the bouncer, who eyed me and Hyomin suspiciously for a moment before letting us past. Hyomin waited until we were inside before asking, "Why did he look so strangely at us?"

"Have you seen yourselves?" Amber said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "You don't exactly look your age."

Plain and simple.

How do you imagine a typical club like? Are there bright, colorful lights all over the place? Sweaty bodies who grind and rub against the closest thing with a pulse? Is there a flirty bartender who keeps getting rejected? I don't know about the latter, but first two were definitely present here at The Grind.

Since I never really got to finish my beer, I walked up to the bar and placed myself on a stool. "A beer, please."

"My, my, wasn't expecting you here," someone said. I looked up and saw the bartender in front of me, dressed in a simple black t-shirt with the letter 'G' in bright red on the pocket and sleeve. Her hair was long, blonde and straight. Then I looked into her eyes.

"H-Hyoyeon...?" My voice hid no secrets right now.

"Hello to you too, Sunny," Hyoyeon replied. "You want a beer, no?"

"Yes, please," I answered.

As she went off to get me a bottle, I my stool to look over the dance floor. There was a mess of people out there. It's not like I'm a when it comes to clubs, but were people actually this indecent...?

Hyoyeon returned with my beer, happily announcing, "That'll be ₩8,000, please."

Damn... That's exactly what I wanted to say as I handed her a couple of bills. I nodded in gratitude and brought the bottle to my lips.

A tall, slender figure among the dancers caught my attention. Long arms and legs, a thin waist and long curly hair dancing as elegantly as her. She was swinging her hips like the rest of her group, but she didn't look dirty or indecent.

She looked gorgeous.

Then she turned, revealing a beautiful white smile framed by high cheek bones and shining eyes. She was flirty on the dance floor, but her eyes were somewhere else. They was staring right at me!

As soon as hers met mine, they looked away once again. I guess it wasn't anything special after all.

I'd lost count of how many drinks I'd had in the last few hours. Hyomin had gone off with some guy and was probably getting some while Amber had flirted her way into a group of friends in a corner somewhere. The music was loud and my head was getting lighter for each sip of delicious alcohol that entered my system.

A colorful blue drink with an umbrella was placed in front of me. I lifted my eyes to look at Hyoyeon who wore a teasing grin.

"What's this?"

"A gift from a certain lady at nine o'clock," she purred (yup, she purred) playfully and went off before I got to say anything. As she said, I looked to my left and got to see the same girl from earlier, this time only three seats away. She saw me looking, smiled and waved friendly.

I returned it, took my drink and moved closer to her spot. Ending up next to her, I quickly said, "Thanks for the drink."

"You're welcome," she replied, her voice like satin. I eyed my rather colorful liquid treat before tasting it. "I've been watching you all evening." That made me almost choke on my drink. "I'm serious," she said.

"I've been watching you too." I wanted to take it back as soon as it left.

Stupid brain...

The girl just smiled and reached her hand out to me. "Wanna dance?"

I took it without hesitation, following her to the dance floor. The height difference was kind of awkward, but not too much. She really was tall for a Korean girl... I saw Amber looking at us, mouthing the words 'get some!' in our direction. I mouthed a 'shut up!' in response.

As soon as we stopped, I put my hands on her waist. She giggled and put hers around my neck. I looked up at her, feeling her eyes at me.

We danced for what seemed like hours. I barely knew the girl, yet I felt strangely comfortable with her.

At some time, I don't know when, she leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I closed my eyes. "No, I'm not..." I didn't manage to say more, because soft lips met mine and I relaxed instantly. Whether it was the alcohol or something else, it was kind of the best time of my life.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned as I reached over and struck the alarm clock. The time showed seven in the morning. Too damn early... I had a killer headache and felt like throwing up... After all that alcohol I paid for yesterday, I could really use some money.

I got out of bed, took some Aspirin and drank some coffee. Wasn't hungry, but I did grab an apple on the way out just to get something to fill my stomach with.

Ambrosia Cafe was a ten-minute walk from my apartment. Hyomin was already there, serving Amber who's a regular.

"Hey, SunBun! What's with the shades?" Hyomin asked.

"Don't yell..." I sighed. "I have a hangover that's killing me right now."

"It might hurt, but you seemed to have fun last night," Amber smirked.

I was about to say something snarky in reply when a familiar voice called out to me.

"Hey, waitress! Can I get some service over here?" I froze and I turned.

Long slim legs and arms, a tiny waist and eyes to die for. "Hi..." I said. "What'd you like to order, miss?"

"You," she said and grinned. "My name is Choi Sooyoung, 22."

"Lee Sunny, 23."

Her eyes shone just like yesterday, even brighter without the help of artificial lighting. "Nice to meet you, Sunny!"