Elevator Guy.

Elevator Guy

 

I woke up with messy bed hair. I propped up on my elbows and wondered what day it was today.  I groaned as a result of my frustration for realizing that today is Monday. I got up and got cleaned and refreshed. I put on my uniform and stared at myself in the mirror.

“First day of school. Great.” I said sarcastically
 

I went to the kitchen and made some breakfast. I quickly ate and went out of my apartment. If you’re wondering, I live alone in Seoul while my parents live in Ulsan. I kept walking until I reached the elevator. Once it arrived, the doors opened revealing a tall handsome man who was looking to see which floor he had arrived. He grinned a cheeky but quite creepy grin, revealing a cute dimple on his left cheek. I smiled back and waited for us to arrive at the G floor.

I was in a lazy mood so I decided to take the bus to school. Once I arrived I went to the principal’s office since I was new in the school and took my schedule. Once I arrived to the classroom I bowed to the teacher and handed him my schedule.

“I’m new” I said with a smile.

He looked up from the piece of paper I gave him and smiled warmly. “Welcome to our school. I hope you enjoy it. I’m your homeroom and biology teacher, Mr. Choi. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?”

*Not really* I thought, but smiled and nodded anyway. I went up in front of the board where everyone could see me. I bowed and spoke,

“Good morning. I’m Kim Sarang. I’m new here so I hope we could be nice to each other.”

Mr. Choi nodded and told me to go sit next to Junhong. I didn’t know who that was but I kind of figured it out since that was the only empty seat in the classroom.

Weeks passed and I still met the guy everyday in that elevator. Every morning he would give me the same creepy grin and I would smile back. But that was it. I wanted to start a conversation with him several times but I didn’t know what to talk about. I found out he went to my school. I decided that today was going to be the day I talk to him. I hit the elevator button and waited for it to arrive. The doors opened and there he was. The same smile that made my day for the past weeks. I entered and smiled at him as usual. I remembered the decision I had made and greeted him.

“Good morning.” I said

“Good morning” He replied with an even wider smile, if that was possible.

It went slightly awkward for a few seconds, then we both looked at each other as if trying to say something.

“Wh-“

“I’m-“

We looked at each other and laughed. I straightened up and talked first,

“You go to the same school as I am, right?” He nodded smiling. I smiled and continued, “Then is it ok if we walk together?”

I prepared myself for a painful rejection and shut my eyes tightly with my head down. When suddenly he answered,

“Actually, I was going to ask you the same thing” He laughed.

We walked with occasional small talk about what class we were, or our names and such, we even exchanged numbers.

 

~ Lunch time ~

Since I was new in school, I was a loner with no friends so I usually sat alone. Today was different tho. Just as I was starting to eat someone sat down beside me. I looked up to my side and saw the same smile I was used to, Chanyeol’s smile. I smiled back at him and he started to eat. He looked up from his meal and looked at me with his big eyes and said,

“I hope you don’t mind that I’m sitting with you.”

“No. Not at all.”

 

And that’s how it all started. A few months later we became best friends. Then we both started to develop feelings for each other and eventually we started dating. We would always sleep over at each other’s apartments’ and just fool around. Chanyeol was every girls’ ideal type. He was funny, handsome, tall, deep voice, etc…

6 months later, it was winter break. We were staying at Chanyeol’s apartment. I was sitting on his lap and we were cuddling on his couch. We just kept staring at each other and smiling.

“I love you.” He confessed.

I smiled and kissed his lips.

“Not as much as I do.”

I nuzzled his nose with mine. And kept smiling.

“Lets watch a movie.” He wrapped his arms tighter around my waist and buried his face in my neck.

I squirmed because of the ticklish sensation and laughed. “What kind of movie?”

He kept quiet and smiled like he was up to something. I knew what he was thinking of and backed away a little bit.

“Don’t tickle me”

Chanyeol just burst out laughing at that moment and nodded his head silently.

“I don’t know just anything. What do you say?”

“I’m too lazy. Some other time maybe.”

“Ok.”

He kept smiling at me.

“What?” I asked.

He kissed me.

 “Nothing. You’re just so beautiful.” He said with another kiss.