Waking up

One Lazy Morning

 

Once the ringing alarm struck my ears, my eyes slowly cracked open and the first thing I saw was the sunlight seeping through my blinds. My mind slowly worked up again, making me realize to wake up and face another day. As I reached out to reset my alarm, I yawned still half asleep. "Hmmm~" I hummed as I stretched. 
 
Around my waist, I felt a gentle restraint from making me stretch even further. My mind awoke even more, recalling my memories and what was wrapped around my waist. A sweet smile crept on my face as I looked down and saw the familiar pair of arms around me. "Tae-Tae...it's morning. Wake up~" I mumbled, trying to turn around yet once I finished my sentence, she just hugged me tighter, not allowing me to face her.
 
"No...No. It's only 3am, don't wake up yet." She muttered.
 
"Then why is the sun up?"
 
"...that's...the streetlight. They turn it up really high when it's 3am." I giggled at her little made-up fact. 
 
"C'mon, it's sunrise. We have work, we're gonna be late for it." I placed my hand on the arms wrapped around my waist, turning around and meeting her closed eyes and pouting lips. "Yah." I leaned and pecked the tip of her nose, hoping it'll open her eyes at least. 
 
I gave a bright eyesmile, seeing as my little trick worked and she fluttered her eyes open. She sighed, still pouting. "Can we both skip work today? I wanna just stay here in bed and not do anything else. Please, Fany-ah?" She begged and pulled me closer to her. 
 
I looked away. She was definitely weakening me with that cute begging voice...and I know that she knows that as well. 
 
I sighed and bit my lip, shaking my head. I want to win this argument. "No...we have work, we can't." 
 
"Hmm..." I looked back, seeing that her eyes were staring at the pillow, as if she was thinking about something. Before I knew it, she rolled over, reaching for something on the nightstand. Once she turned back to me, I found out that she got the phone and was dialing a number. She put the phone against her ear, slightly smirking at me. I just stared at her in confusion. I had no idea what her plan was this time. "Yes, Hello. I'm calling in behalf of Tiffany Hwang. She's sick and can't make it to work today." Taeyeon spoke so eloquently and formally into the device in her hands. 
 
I widened my eyes, hearing the sentence. I slightly lifted myself up from the bed with my left hand, mouthing to her, "Hang up. Don't." She just stuck her tongue out and continued to speak,
 
"She will be gone the whole day. Yes...she'll be ready to go back to work tomorrow." 
 
"TaeTae!" I warned with the lowest voice I could whisper while reaching out to poke her sides and pushing her slightly. She just kept a sneaky grin and continued to speak on the phone.
 
"I appreciate your understanding. She'll see you tomorrow, Thank you." And with that, she hung up, smiling at me. I turned to face the ceiling, covering my eyes with my right hand in exasperation. 
 
I sighed. "I can't believe you did that." 
 
She victoriously laughed, wrapping her arms back around my waist. "Now I can have you the whole day~" She snickered. 
 
I uncovered my eyes, finding her possessively hugging me with a dorky smile. I giggled and turned to her. While I leaned closer to her, whispering with a smirk.  "What about your work, hm?" 
 
She blinks at me, probably thinking of a way. "...well..." She put the phone between us. "You call them and tell them that I'm sick."
 
"What? I'm not doing that!" 
 
"Please?" She begged with those puppy dog eyes again.
 
I sighed and grabbed the phone. "Fine." I pouted, dialing the numbers.
 
~~~
 
Waking up to another hour of sleep in this lazy day, I stretched and yawned once more and gently unwrapped Taengoo's arms around me and sat up. I scratched my head and flipped the covers, wanting to finally get out of bed. Yet the back of the oversized t-shirt I was wearing got tugged, pulling me back in the bed. "Yah, where are you going?" Her voice asked, a yawn following after. "Stay in bed with me for a little while..." She whispered, pulling me back in her arms. 
 
I sighed. "We've got enough sleep, don't you think? Let's just make breakfast. Please, Taengoo?" It's my turn to use my aegyo now. And I know that she can never resist me. 
 
She opened one eye, which was probably a big mistake. "B-But..." She sighed and opened both of her eyes. "Fine, but let's eat it in bed."
 
"Okay!" I smiled happily. We both flipped the covers got out of bed, stretching a bit before heading to the kitchen. "I'll go cook--"
 
"No! I don't want to call the Fire Department again." She stated, looking at me, bothered by the thought of me setting the kitchen on fire again.
 
I pouted. "Fine." 
 
She chuckled and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "I'll let you help of course. Just not with the stove." She whispered and leaned, kissing my cheek. 
 
"Yay! Let's go!" I squealed eagerly, getting the eggs and bacon out of the fridge.
 
~~~
 
"Hmm...the eggs are wonderful, TaeTae." I complimented her as we were both in bed, having a breakfast tray set up in front of us to eat the delicious dishes we both cooked. 
 
"The toast isn't bad too. You didn't burn them this time." She mumbled, munching on the toast that had a bit of jam spread on it. 
 
"I have a great teacher." I smiled at her, making her blush. 
 
"Uh-huh...." I giggled. 
 
"So what are we gonna do since you devised up this day of no work?" I asked, reaching out for the orange juice.
 
"...hmm...I don't know."
 
I turned to her, surprised. "What?"
 
"I just wanna lie down here all day." She explained.
 
"So we skipped a day of work just to lie down here?" 
 
"Pretty much~" She turned to me, leaning and whispered in my ear. "Or maybe I just wanted to be with you all day. No distractions or any other task to do. Just giving you all the love I can for today." I turned to her with my face getting hot and red, finding her to be just smiling sweetly at me. "I love you, Fany-ah." 
 
I smiled back slowly leaning to her lips after whispering back, "I love you too, TaeTae."