Chapter 2

Love's Business

 

 

It is day 12 of Lee Taemin at his new workplace. After his first two days of working at the company, he had finally gotten used to Minho's everyday demands. He knows when to pick up Minho, how he likes his coffee, from where he likes his coffee, and when he likes his coffee; how many meetings he can handle in a day, how many ladies he flirts with in an hour, and so much more. (Most of which are irrelevant to Minho's responsibilities as a tycoon.)

 

At the moment, he is busy scheduling Minho's appointments for the day and for the upcoming days as well. The seasoned employees in their cubicles watch him in awe as he breezes through the paperwork Minho had unceremoniously dumped on his desk while he talks to someone on the phone tucked between his shoulder and his head. Most of the females are jealous of how much interaction Taemin has with the big boss (which is mostly composed of Minho complaining about how bad of a job Taemin is doing), but in all honesty, Taemin would drop everything right then and there if it weren't for his deep sense of debt to his father.

 

Taemin almost doesn't notice Jinki knocking on his glass door, "Hey, Taemin!"

 

The younger man looks up at the sound of the familiar voice and his face breaks out into a grin when he sees that it is Jinki. "Hyung! You're here again?" He puts the caller on hold and drops the papers he is holding just to tease the older man. (Seeing that it is the fifth time this week that he is at their office.) Taemin originally thought that Jinki was part of Minho's business team, but he soon finds out from Jinki himself that he actually manages his own company, much like Minho. And unlike with Minho, Taemin is actually impressed with Jinki's responsible and friendly nature.

 

Jinki stands by the doorway and crosses his arms with a pout, "That's mean, Taemin-ah. You don't have to hide it. I know you enjoy my company." And unlike when Minho teases him, Taemin does in fact have a good time when Jinki teases him.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I absolutely adore Jinki-hyung.” Sarcasm is dripping from his voice as he bows his head and pretends to look for something among the sheets of paper to hide the slight tinge of pink on his face. This playful banter with his hyung is happening way too much way too often for the past days that they have spent together. He wouldn't want to start developing feelings for the guy, so he quickly goes to change the subject, "So, what brings you here?"

 

"I wanted to talk to Minho about something."

 

Taemin looks up from the papers again and queries, "Oh, would you want me to set up an appointment?"

 

Jinki just smiles at him and pushes himself off from the doorway, "Don't worry. I can just walk right in his office right now. Then he'd be forced to talk to me. See you."

 

He waves to Taemin and quietly closes the door. Taemin appreciates the gesture because whenever Minho storms into his office, he would always exit by slamming the door closed. Taemin would wince whenever that happened for fear of the expensive glass breaking. He watches as Jinki waltzes over to Minho's office. He sees something like a "Hey, froggie!" leave from Jinki's mouth and he sees Minho try to shoo him away, failing miserably as Jinki plops down on Minho's couch. Taemin laughs as his boss is forced to stop his paper work to entertain his friend.

 

 

"So, how's the new assistant?"

 

Minho props his elbow on his chair's armrest, tiredly resting his chin on the heel of his hand as he grumbles, "Horrible."

 

"What?" Jinki looks genuinely surprised, "But he's been keeping all of your businesses in order, right? And exceptionally, might I add? I’ve been hearing how the other employees are gushing over him."

 

"That's just it. He doesn't screw up. Ever." He spins around in his chair but then stops to observe their topic of conversation who is busy juggling calls and paperwork, "And that's what makes it horrible. I've been making him run all these stupid errands and chores and paperwork and by some miracle, he gets all of them done on time. Look, I even made him buy me a Maina bird, for crissakes. And the damned thing can only be found some place three hours away from here. I mean, how is that even humanly possible? Is there a computer programmed in his brain or something? He never forgets the things I tell him to do. I even commented on his hair being too long and unprofessional just to try and a get a rise out of him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s got a whole new hairdo next week. It's horrible, hyung. I need him to screw up."

 

Jinki eyes him and the Maina bird in the corner of the room curiously, and turns his head to observe Taemin as well, "Minho, that doesn't make any sense at all."

 

"I need him to screw up so that I'd have an excuse to fire him. My dad wouldn't let me fire him without any valid reasons." He is still staring at Taemin as he explains to Jinki boredly, like what he just said is not at all outrageous to hear.

 

"I'm sorry, what now?" Jinki leans forward with his hands clasped in front of him, not sure if he heard right.

 

Minho lifts his chin from his hand and stands to stretch, "I told my dad that I don't want him as my assistant. I thought it would be easy to get him to agree, but then he asked me why."

 

"And?" Jinki urged him to continue, half-expecting for Minho to do this sort of thing.

 

He tiredly plops down next to to Jinki on the couch and exhales a deep sigh, "I couldn't think of an answer." Jinki smiles when he hears this, thoroughly impressed with the brunette. No one has ever been able to render Minho speechless when it comes to complaints. Jinki assumes that whenever Minho does complain to Taemin, it is just to spite him and to push his buttons. Minho continues with his narration, "He told me to give the boy a chance or something like that and that he wouldn't let me fire his friend's son over ridiculous reasons. Why can't he understand that I need a woman, hyung?! Not some annoying, hateful, sassy, lanky, long-haired kid."

 

"Kid? He's a year younger than you."

 

His side comment is met with deaf ears as Minho puts on a determined face, "But I'm not giving up. I'll find a way to kick him out. I just know it." The twinkle in the younger man's eye tells Jinki that Minho is absolutely set on getting rid of Taemin. But Jinki knows that Taemin won't be letting up that easily. But he doesn't say anything and just listens to Minho's outrageous plans on getting rid of the boy.

 



 

I promise that 2min scenes will be coming up soon! I love you guise. Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting! The comments literally push me to try and do better with the story, haha! I'm working on Chapter 3 at the moment, so it'll probably be up later tonight. :D