First Tour

My Tour Guide Princess

"Shi Eun sshi!" 

The called name stopped from doing her work and looked up. A girl with an angelic smile was walking towards her desk. Shi Eun stood up and bowed to her senior who she assisted for 2 years.

"Yes, Sunhwa sunbaenim? Do you want me to get you some coffee?" she asked politely as usual. 

Sunhwa smiled sweetly and shook her head. Even though she was Shi Eun's senior. Even thoug she was one of the leaders in TS Tourism Company, she treated her junior staffs equally. She will always be a friendly partner to work with and it pleased Shi Eun that she get to know this wonderful person in her work place. 

Sunhwa lightly pulled her nearer and started to fix her collar and hair. Shi Eun grew confused and blinked at her.

"Sunbae? What are you doing?" she asked. 

Sunhwa smiled without answering her and patted her cheeks. 

"The CEO wanted to see you. Come on, let's go!" Without much saying, Sunhwa held her hand and lead her towards the main office.

Shi Eun's heart speeded up in an incredible fast pace and her mind was totally blank.

*What is going on? Why will he wanted to meet me? Did I did anything wrong to upset him? I hope no.*

She thought and without knowing, they had reached the door of the CEO.

"I leave now since Mr Kim wanted to talk to you personally." Sunhwa said as she squeezed your hand that was still in hers. 

"Good luck!" with that, she disappeared out of sight. 

Shi Eun turned around and faced the door. After taking in a long and satisfied breath, she knocked on the door. 

"Come in." someone from the other side of the door answered.

Shi Eun twisted the door knob and entered the well-designed room. She closed the door behind and stepped forward to reach the large office table that was situated in the very end of the room.

A guy in his early 20's looked up from his document file as soon as Shi Eun came into his sight. He plastered a smile that will melt any other girls' heart to her, but not really to Shi Eun.

"Please take a seat." he gestured his hand and she followed his words.

Kim Himchan. The CEO of TS Tourism Company, was glad when he saw one of his favourite staffs. The crossed his fingers and rested them onto the desk. His eyes sparkled and the smile never leave his handsame face. Shi Eun shifted uncomfortably when he was gazing at her. 

"Kim Shi Eun." finally, he spoke.

Shi Eun sat up straight and looked at him. 

"Yes? How can I help you?" she asked nervously. Himchan flipped open a documentary file and looked through it.

"Let me ask you." he started. Shi Eun bit her lips and silently prayed that she won't get fired.

"How long have you been serving for our tourism company?" he asked.

"2 years, sir." she answered without thinking.

"Indeed. So, within this 2 years of time, what have you experienced?" he settled the file aside and looked at her with his killer smile again.

Shi Eun stopped and thought for a little while and smiled before she started to answer.

"I've always wanted to be a tour guide since I love traveling a lot. Within this 2 years, I really discovered a lot of things that I've never experienced before." 

Himchan smiled and leaned back into his seat, interested in her speech.

"I admit at first I really wasn't used to it since I know nothing about tourism. But time and hard work is needed for me to get used to my working environment. The seniors back then were really nice and friendly and they helped me a lot whenever I got lost in doing my work. I'm just a tour assistant so I think there is still a long way for me to succeed. Therefore, I'll work very hard to achieve my dream."

Himchan clapped as soon as she finished talking. Shi Eun grew confused to it. He stopped and looked at her.

"I knew I've chose the right one!" he exclaimed. Shi Eun blinked at him.

"Erm, may I know what is really going on?" she asked.

Himchan held his right hand out for a hand shake. Shi Eun looked at his hand and extended hers to grip on his bigger one. He shook her hand and nodded approvingly.

"Kim Shi Eun. You are officially appointed to the leader of our fifth tour guide. From today onwards, your job is not to assist the tour but to lead them. Can I trust you with that?" 

Shi Eun was bewildered and was still registering his words. Seconds later, a big smile was shown on her pretty face.

"Yes! I'll work really hard to it! Thank you!" 

-----

Shi Eun walked out of the office with a bright smile. She felt really happy about it and swear to work really hard so that she won't crash his CEO's hope. She skipped happily back to his desk but noticed that all the seats around her were empty. She looked down at her wrist watch and noticed that it was already time for their lunch break. 

She walked towards her desk and collect her hand bag, prepare to grab her lunch. Out of a sudden, the lights were off leaving only the light that came from the windows. Shi Eun statled and looked around.

*A black out? I hope the security is not out for lunch yet.* 

She was about to pick up the office phone to dial for the security to fix the current when she heard a loud cheering sound.

"SURPRISE!!!!" 

The lights were on and all her co-workers had came out from their hidding place with silly strings and party cap. 

Shi Eun jumped for the second time of the day but smiled as soon as she saw Sunhwa held onto a celebration cake walking towards her.

"Congratulations! Our new partner!" she cheered as she brought the cake in front of Shi Eun. 

Shi Eun smiled and accepted the cake.

"Thank you." she smiled at her co-workers. 

"You did really well, Shi Eun ah." Hyosung, her other senior came forward to congrate her.

"Thank you, sunbaenim." Hyosung frowned and ruffled her hair.

"Still sunbae? We're on the same post now." she said which made the others to smile.

"You're still my sunbae and I still have a long way to go before I can be an expert like you all.

"What are you talking about? You're an expert enough to deserve this post." Jieun claimed as she stood beside you. She was the third of the tour assistant to be appointed to be the leader of the tour group.

"Yeah. You really deserve this. Tour assistants will only be appointed after a 4 years of training. But you are the first anong us to be appointed only within 2 years of working experience. That's really something." Zinger, the fourth leader of the tour company said.

Shi Eun was pleased to know that her ex-seniors were very supportive. She was glad to have know them.

"Thank you. It's all because of sunbaes that I can have my post for today. I appreciate all the teachings for these two years. Thank you so much." she bowed to her four pretty seniors.

Sunhwa stopped you and straightened you up. 

"Yah, stop saying thank you to us. It's all your hard work that lead you to this." you smiled at your very first friend here in the company.

Himchan came out from his office and witnessed the cheerful scene. He smiled and joined the group.

"Mr Kim!" one of the staffs called out.

Everyone turned their heads around and saw their boss. They bowed and greeted him.

"Just call me Himchan, I'm not some bossy boss that you all see in drama." he chuckled and you all too.

"So I assumed you all knew about the good news by now?" he asked. Your co-workers nodded.

"I know I'll be unfair if I appointed Shi Eun to be the tour leader because of her 2 years of working experiences here. So if anyone has any objection, feel free to tell me." he announced. 

Shi Eun looked around and it seems like not one of her co-workers were object to the news. She was glad about it.

"Of course we're glad Shi Eun can be appointed. She deserves it more than us. She'll be able to lead the tour, I believe in her." one of your co-workers said. The others nodded as well.

Himchan nodded. Impressed by their words.

"Okay, then it's settled." he said and looked at you.

"I'll be giving you your first tour lead. Starting for next week, you are going to lead a group of foreign tourists from Europe around South Korea. I'm sure you can do it right, Kim Shi Eun?" Himchan asked.

Shi Eun smiled and nodded.

"Yes. I won't disappoint you!" 

"Great! Now shall we all celebrate this great moment? My treat for lunch today!" Himchan announced.

"Yeah!!" all your co-workers cheered.

"Long-live CEO Kim!!!" 

You smiled and followed them out of the office.

*I can't wait to tell him this great news. I hope he won't freak out when I tell him about it.* 

 

A/N: I'm sorry I wasn't able to update since I'm quite busy the past few days. So here it is, the first chapter. Actually I wanted this to be a one-shot but it seems like I have to add more than one chapter now. So please be patient about Daehyun's appearance! He will be appear on the next chapter so keep looking forwards to it!! Thanks for the subscription!! Enjoy reading!!! (: