Back In Place Again

Back In Place Again

 

I walk alone on this river-side. The day is getting late, but I don’t mind. I just love to be here. Recalling all memories I had with him, with Himchan. Although it’s spring, but the wind that blew on my face was so cold. I put my hands in my pockets. Even the jacket I’m wearing can’t make me warm. I know, I don’t need this jacket or sweaters to warm me. I just need Himchan.
 
Flashback
 
“yah, oppa! It’s cold outside. Why do you want us to go outside? Let’s stay at home and watch movies” I pouted my lips and Himchan was standing in front of me, smiling for nothing.
“it’s spring already, sweetheart… don’t be lazy. You’ve been at home all day since winter. You need to get fresh air. Come on, lady… change your clothes!” Himchan turned my body around and dragged me to my room. “go get changed, I’ll be waiting outside” and he closed my door room.
 
I changed my clothes and put on a sweater. I came out from my room and found Himchan was sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. I walked to him and then sat beside him. He lifted up his head and closed the magazine. He checked me out from head to toe.
 
“yah! Who just said that outside is cold? Why are you wearing that short pants? Change it, now!” he said as he pointed my pants. He was so ridiculous.
“what’s wrong with this pants oppa? Why are you being so ridiculous?” I whined.
“It’s so revealing, I don’t want other guys to look at your thighs. Go get changed! Hurry up” mu cheeks were blushing. So he was worried about that. Then I chuckled. “yah! Why are you laughing? Change your pants or I will change it for you” he said with a serious tone, but I could see smirk on his face.
“okay… okay… I’ll change, you’re so ridiculous Kim Himchan” I got up from the couch and walked to my room lazily. I could feel his stare was following my every move.
 
I didn’t take a long time just to change my pants to long jeans. And Himchan was waiting right outside my room.
 
“that’s , my princess! Let’s go…” he grabbed my hand and led me went outside.
 
It turned out that he brought me to a river-side. There were so many couples just like us.
 
“what are we doing here?” I asked him. Had no idea what we would do at this place.
“wow… my princess is getting bored already? I just want to spent time with you here. Walk around and be a real couple” he said cheesily. He grabbed my shoulder and pulled my body closer to his.
“aren’t we a real couple?” I looked up to see his face, actually, I glared at him. Did he mean that we weren’t a couple?
“no…” I pulled myself from him as he answered my question. How could he say that? He didn’t admit that I’m his girlfriend or what? “we are soulmate, you know… until the death do us apart” he added. And made me embarassed for what I was just thinking. Then he took my waist and brought our body together, side to side.
 
“I’m sorry…” Himchan stopped his step when he heard what just I said.
“what for?” he turned his face in front of mine.
“for being a bad girlfriend”
“who said you are a bad girlfriend? Let me punch his face” he said jokingly.
“you want to punch me?” I pretended to be shocked, closed my mouth with my hands.
“of course not, baby… come here, let’s sit” then he sat on the ground, facing the river. There was so quiet. People were barely in there. Then I sat beside him.
 
“look, my baby my sweetheart… I love you so much, so do not ever say that you are a bad girlfriend. You are more than anything for me” Himchan said as he looked deep into my eyes.
“I love you too, Kim Himchan, very very much” I looked at him smiling as I said cutely, but I meant it, deep inside my heart.
“how much?” he asked teasing me.
“this much!” I said as I widened my arms as wide as I could.
“I love you…” he hugged me so tight. And then he gave me a long sweet kiss.
 
He pulled himself from me and smile at me sweetly. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I was so blessed to be with him, to be loved by him, and to be his girlfriend. He loved me a lot, he cheered me a lot, he strengthened me and made me like I was the luckiest girl on the universe.
 
“I have something for you” he said as he took something from his pocket.
“what is it?” I lifted my head from his shoulder and looked at him with anticipation. He was such a sweet and romantic guy.
“this” he showed me a necklace with a heart as its pendant. I gasped, that necklace was so beautiful.
“Himchan Oppa…” then he put it on my neck. I couldn’t say anything. “this is so beautiful…” I said as I rubbed its pendant.
“just like you, my princess…” he brushed my hair and caressed my blushing cheek.
“aish oppa, you’re so cheesy”
“hahaha I’m serious, why can’t you believe me?” he pouted cutely.
“I believe you, oppa…” I kissed his cheek.
“I know…” he pinched my nose and then he got up. “come on, let’s walk again befor it get late…” he gave me his hand and I got up with his help.
“thank you, oppa… for everything” I said while we were linking our fingers tightly.
“don’t thank me, just promise me that you will love me forever” he was looking at the sky before he looked at me as we walked.
“I promised you, I will love you forever and ever…” I smiled at him and he looked at the sky again. That time, his figure was so admiring.
“I will love you too, forever and ever and ever…” he said. “look, tomorrow I will go to Japan just for two days. Do you want to take me to airport?”
“why so sudden?” I asked, not willing to let him go.
“I just didn’t know how to tell you, I don’t wanna leave you, but I have to go to Japan. It just for two days, so it will be okay…”
“I understand oppa… I’ll take you to airport” I smiled, I didn’t want to make him worry. It was just for two days afterall, and I would meet him again as usual.
“that’s my girl…” he ruffled my hair and smiled. “now, let’s go home… it’s late already.”
 
 
Next day at the airport…
 
“oppa, be careful…” I said, still not wanting Himchan to go.
“of course, princess I’ll be very very careful. I just want to come back here quickly” he said, and he hugged me tightly.
Then we heard announcement about departuring flight/
“oppa, that’s your flight”
“ah, yes… I’ll be going now… wait for me princess. And take care of yourself” and he went in to the passenger waiting room, which I couldn’t be there with him. So I just watched his back as he went away. He turned his face once to see me and he waved at me. I waved at him back and smiled. I just wanted to ensure him that I’ll be okay, and I’ll be waiting for him.
“be careful oppa…” I whispered to myself.
 
 
Later that day, when I accidentially watched news broadcast, the news anchor said that there was a plane crash. The plane was going to Japan. And when I saw the flight number, I knew it was Himchan’s flight plane.
 
And my world crashed.
 
End of flashback
 
I’m still walking along the river-side. It has been a year since I met Himchan for the last time. I grab the necklace on my neck and I stop walking. I close my eyes, try to hold my tears. I take my phone from my pocket.
“I miss you, Himchan Oppa…” I look at my phone wallpaper. It’s a picture of me and Himchan.
I can’t hold my tears any longer. I fall and sit on the ground. I feel so weak. I need Himchan so bad. I close my eyes. I cry so hard, my body’s shaking.
When I open my eyes I see him. I see Himchan across me. I rub my eyes, but his figure is getting closer to me. Is this a dream? Or am I having an imagination?
But then he hug me. So he’s real.
“I survived, princess… I’m still alive. Don’t cry… I’m here with you…” Himchan pat my back. And I just cry a river. Thanking God for saved him.