Final

Waiting Room

It had been 20 long years.

For 20 years, Youngjae had to carry on..
Youngjae laid on his bed, weakly waiting for the end to come. He had lived a pretty decent life, there wasn't anything he dearly regretted.
There were some things he wished he could have done differently, but nothing that he desperately wanted to change.
He cursed at himself, unable to get comfortable.
"Oh well."
He supposed with old age came rickety bones and weakened muscles.
His end was coming. 
He could tell by the way it was getting harder to breathe, yet everything was so peaceful.
"I'm coming for you, Daehyun..."
He smiled and closed his eyes, breathing one last time.
"Grandpa? GRANDPA? H-he's not breathing! Call the ambulance!!"
As chaos ensued, Youngjae's tired old soul left his body, departing this world and entering another.
 

For 20 years, Daehyun waited.

Daehyun sat in his slightly uncomfortable chair, looking at the walls of the room.
He was the only person left in the room at the moment.
He had once had a person that he made friends with, Yongguk, but his heartbroken lover, Junhong, had joined him about a year later.
The pair left the room, laughing and holding hands. Many others had come and left, just as those two did.
Only he had been waiting this long.
It didn't bother him, he was perfectly fine with waiting for Youngjae.
In fact, he preferred it like this. He wanted Youngjae to live as long as possible and do everything he wanted to do.
But, sitting here got lonesome.
Daehyun yawned and slumped in the chair. He straightened up when he heard footsteps tapping down the hallway.
Staring directly at the door, he anticipated who would walk through.
Another person, not Youngjae sat down. Daehyun deflated.
He looked over at the boy, who was obviously confused and frightened. 
"Don't be scared." 
The boy looked up at the voice.
Daehyun shot him a warm smile.
The boy offered a small grin in return. 
"What's your name?"
"Jongup."
"How'd you get here?"
"I'm not really sure. I was walking across the street, and a few seconds later, I found myself here."
Daehyun nodded, not wanting to press the subject.
He heard another pair of footsteps, hesitant and nervous sounding. 
It was probably another person joining them, so Daehyun refused to get his hopes up.
A familiar blonde mop of hair popped out from the doorway.
Daehyun's eyes opened wide.
Youngjae shyly stepped into the room, unsure of what to do. Spotting Daehyun, he rushed forward and pulled him into a bone crushing hug.
"I missed you." 
Youngjae said in a broken voice, overwhelmed with emotion.
"I missed you too."
 
For the first time in 20 years, Daehyun left the room, but with Youngjae finally back by his side.