Three.

Cars, Cafés, and College

"So, how was baby-sitting?" Sehun asks his best friend the very next day because Sehun and Jongin don't do anything on Sundays and normally laze around each other's houses. Sehun decides to wake Jongin up at 9 because he was craving for breakfast, and yeah, Jongin was definitely his eating partner.

Jongin's just finished washing his face (because it literally takes him forever to wake up) and comes out of the bathroom, "Taemin's cousins are really cute?"

"How many kids did you have to look after?"

"Three." Jongin says, he flops down on his bed beside Sehun, "2 boys and 1 girl."

"Fun."

"Yeah, the girl, Soojeong, had a crush on me."

"Woah, did I feel your room get tighter? There's not enough space for your head."

"Shut up!" Jongin shoves Sehun. "It's true, I was her husband and she called me yeobo." He laughs. "She even got mad when I didn't watch the movie with her."

"Why didn't you?"

"I had to look after her younger brother who wanted to watch a different movie."

"I'll just pretend I understand." Sehun says nonchalantly. He then eyes Jongin up and down. "Why aren't you getting dressed? Aren't we going for breakfast?"

Jongin blinks. "Oh, right." He stands up quickly to get dressed.

 

 

Breakfast was uneventful. They ordered waffles and bacon and some other stuff. The food was good but the two just talked about school and a bunch of random things.

"So, wanna watch a movie later?" Sehun asks Jongin while they walk back home.

"Yeah, okay." Jongin agrees and yawns right after. Since he was woken up against his will, Jongin's sleepiness would come back after a few hours. "What are we watching?"

"Bling Ring!!" Sehun exclaims. "You know I've been wanting to watch that since the trailer."

"Oh right." Jongin nods, "Taemin's been wanting to watch that too. He's in love with Emma Watson."

"Isn't Taemin… gay?"

"No...? I mean, we can swing both ways." Jongin deadpans.

Sehun hums, "You know how girls can get away with being biual and guys can't?"

"Yeah, cause once you've crossed the line, there's 'no coming back'…"

"Exactly. Not that I'm judging or whatever. Sometimes I just forget you have a boyfriend…"

"I don't like boys on a regular day, Sehun, you know that… Taemin's just…" Jongin shrugs, "I dunno. He's different."

"Yes, we've been over this. You're straight but gay for Taemin." Sehun chuckles.

"Well put, my friend." Jongin grins lopsidedly. "…hey, can I take a nap before the movie?"

"Yeah, sure." Sehun shrugs, "I can go check the schedules then wake you up. Sound good?"

"Yes! That would be great. But can you like text me the time? So I can tell Taemin?"

"I can call your boyfriend for you if you want to sleep, Jongin."

"You're god-sent, Oh Sehun!" Jongin praises happily. Next destination: dreamland.

 

 

 

Jongin is awaken by his phone's ringtone. He checks the caller i.d. and sees that it's Sehun.

"Hello?" Jongin groggily answers.

"The movie's supposed to be at 5." Sehun says.

"Supposed to?"

"Yeah…"

"Why supposed to?"

"I suddenly don't feel like watching…"

"Did you take a nap too?" Jongin asks.

Sehun definitely took a nap, too. His best friend takes his silence as a yes and Jongin asks again.

"What about Taemin?"

"He said he was busy."

"What? He's not busy." Jongin's eyebrows crease at his boyfriend's excuse.

"Well that's what he texted me."

"I'll call you back." Jongin says and when Sehun responds, he ends the call and immediately dials his boyfriend's number.

"Hello?" Taemin answers.

"Why'd you tell Sehun you were busy?" Jongin gets straight to the point.

"Because I am busy." Taemin says.

"What? I thought you weren't busy on Sunday's."

"Not usually, but I am today. My friend got last minute orders for a dinner party and she needed an extra hand so I'm helping her out tonight."

Jongin stays silent on his end of the line, thinking about what Taemin said.

Taemin sighs, "I'm sorry Jongin, it was an emergency, it slipped my mind to tell you."

"No, it's okay. I understand. It's not a big deal, I was just surprised…"

"Okay, now you know. I'm actually heading over to her place soon so I have to go. I'm really sorry, I'll text you, okay?"

Jongin understands, "Yeah, okay…"

"Good. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." Jongin says and closes the phone.

He shouldn't feel bitter about this, but for some reason he feels bad. Jongin couldn't sleep it off so he gets up and goes to Sehun's house to bother him about it.

 

 

"How could it 'slip his mind and forget to tell me'?" Jongin whines

Sehun sighs, "Look, it's not a big deal, maybe he really was just super busy." He reasons. "He's a chef, they have to do a lot of things like food prep and stuff…"

"If he had time to reply to you, he could have at least texted me."

"…seriously do you hear yourself? You sound so needy. This is not the Jongin I know." Sehun starts.

Jongin was about to protest but Sehun doesn't stop, "Ew. Relationship Jongin is gross. You're so clingy."

Jongin smacks him. "Okay I get it…" He mumbles sadly.

"I swear it's not a big deal, Taemin likes you too much for it to be a real problem. Don't get so moody, you're better than that."

Jongin sighs and smiles gratefully at his best friend, "Thanks for always pulling me back down to earth when I get a little crazy?"

"What are best friend's for?" Sehun smiles.

 

 

 

The two boys make good use of their time by practicing driving for the day. Technically, they're not allowed to drive without a licensed driver but Sehun and Jongin usually just take a spin around their safe little suburban community. (Gated community)

"How the hell am I supposed to learn signals and U-turns and all that other crap if we never leave the village?" Jongin scrunches up his face.

Sehun snorts, "I am not a licensed driver! We technically aren't allowed to do this-- EYES ON THE ROAD!"

"I'm not going to hit anything!"

"What if a random squirrel runs out?!??!!"

Sehun groans frustratedly, "Practice your signals when we turn left or right, that's easy… we can practice parking in the country club if you want?"

"Man, you can't even park properly." Jongin scoffs.

"I can park enough to get my permit!" Sehun waves the piece of paper in front of Jongin's face, who only huffs in response and drives in the direction of the village country club.

There is a short silence as Jongin concentrates on the road.

Oh Sehin decides to break it, "You know what you lack?" He starts.

Jongin takes a quick glance at him, silently asking 'What?'

Sehun answers, "Confidence!" He says, "I mean, you've got all the basics down, really you do. You just need to have confidence in yourself and, of course, awareness of other people and the cars around you and all that..."

"Is this how they pep-talk you when you went to get your permit?"

"Shut up, no. This is all me and my observations."

Jongin contemplates them, though. "I mean, I guess...?" He kind of agrees. "I do know the basics..." He trails off.

"Right, so you just need more practice."

"Yeah, but practicing in the village can only improve me so much."

Sehun has to agree, "Okay, yeah, I think we need to sign up for driving lessons again." He says.

Wait. Sehun can practice driving with a licensed driver present.

"Well, you more than me." He rubs it in Jongin's face.

 


welpppppp i have no excuse for not updating except laziness and uninspiration TT___TT im so sorry! and extra apologies because this chapter update was so short!!
buuuuuuuuut thank you so much to all my readers who are continously cheering me on and are supporting me. it means the world. i just want to let you know, it may take time for this to finish but i never wish to abandon this story. #TaeKai4Lyf