the second glance

The Heart Never Fails

the second glance


For Sehun and Chin Mi, this wasn't a moment of extreme heart pounding or exagerrated eye bulging.

It was rather a flick of time to which the beats of time-elapsing eternity had stopped.

Nobody had the guts to say a word at all. Not even a sigle one.

Everything that's happening right now is like a cliche scene ripped of from a movie. An accidental encounter in which two destined people bumped to each other, fall dramatically and gaze to each other's pupils. It took them literally a minute before they gained their consciousness about the current situation, in which it is the fact that they've been mesmerized to the person in front of them even if they hardly know the other. After a minute of observing both of their physical appearances, in both the looks and the sensation of this accident, they normally get off each other' skin, with a hint of embarrassment in their faces.

After all, cheesy things always happen in a French afternoon.

However, the possessive girl is still troubled upon the guy in front of him, he doesn't seem to be busy to the point that he still gives gazes to her in a some sort of anayltic way. Maybe he's been thinking about the impression that she doesn't look like a citizen of this place at all? Her looks don't look close to European after all.

This gives Lee Chin Mi a great conclusion that this is the person she had been looking for. The looks says it all, gorgeously handsome and Asian-like. Though she couldn't fully confirm this as he doesn't look like he came here for modelling,if he were, he'll be at the other side of the bridge, flooded by the dazzling flashes and curious audiences.

She guessed that maybe it's the right time to ask questions. However of course, she would like to give a sincere apology. But how? She's not even sure if this person knows French or even English at all. She's also not sure if this guy's Korean too anyways. The safest thing she could do is giving a gesture, probably bowing as it would be the most appropriate to do. So she did, nervously.

The man on the other hand, responsed with a confused blink. It's not every day you'd see a girl who bumped at you accidentally bow for an apology. He thinks this is rather weird, but cute in an odd way too. But he needs to go back to reality, he still has to figure out how to respond her.

"It is..." Sehun paused for a long time as he considered to speak with her in English, another safe choice that the two encountered. He would expect at least for a girl like how to speak English, though this gives him a hard time to select the right words since he isn't fluent at it in any way. "Great."

And he picked the word that gives the most awkward impression at all. Thanks to Sehun's really, really great apology acceptance, the situation has became 20% more awkward. 

Yet, Chin Mi never felt a sense of embarrassment at all, after hearing the way the other man said to her she bursted out of laughter. Cackling loud enough to be heard by the couple that was having an intimate conversation meters away from the two of them. Her loosened sheild of formalities adds up to Oh Se Hun's confusion. But little did the both of them now that the next line that Chin Mi is going to say would clear all of these doubts in just a single sentence.

"W-What an aegyo!"

It took another minute for the both of them to process yet another situation.

Lee Chin Mi is sure that she has ruined everything she needs to say. She continuously stutters and quivers upon the 

Oh Se Hun is sure that he has finally came to the point to which he knows this girl is from his country. This time, it'll be him laughing at the confused. He did chuckled, but its tune was to be considered as, adorkable. A bit childish, yet still modest in some point, according to Chin Mi's another delusional thought as she saw this, self-proclaimed cute sight.

"Are you from South Korea?" Se hun asked geniunely, they stared again for another time, yet this time it was filled with sincerity.

"Mhmm..." Chin mi chuckled opened his question. The two of them finally felt the essence of being comfortable. "Lee Chin Mi's my name."

"Chin Mi... right?" The model said in a soft tone, and gazed upon her with another observing pattern. But this time, the mood felt different, small signs of grinning could be seen from his facial expression. It may not seem confusing to this guy but it does to Lee Chin Mi, a lot.

"Ahh, s-sorry about that! U-umm... ah, uh. Aiyah!" it seems like Se hun was startled by the atmosphere he has brought within the conversation. But, he wanted to make more contact with this person. Talk to her, Tell stories with her, a lot of things that he've wanted to do while he's still here. He doesn't ask himself why though, is he attractive to someone he just met for the first time? Nah, the only reason is that they have this great similarity that could understand each other well. That's all nothing else. He searches for something to write down his contacts. But since he was pre-occupied upon the idea of resting a while ago, he has nothing but a pen. 

"Noona, please give me your hand."

"E-Eh...? W-What!"

"P-Please trust me!"

She hesistated to do what he said, what if he'll grab her forcefully and kidnap her? Or, maybe do something embarrassing? No, she's just overeacting. He seems nice and he looks nice, she probably wouldn't mind to do so anyways , yet she was shivering the whole time, which takes it longer than expected.

Before her hand is fully outsretched there seemed to be somebody calling, it was for the male model, and even if the voice couldn't be heard completely, words such as "Time." and "Shooting" were evident to the female's ears.

Se hun then panicks upon hearing this, and then grabs the lady's hand and writes his contacts immediately.

"Sorry about the bother!" he aplogized and this time, he was the one who bowed with respect. This guy then runs off with great speed, yet turns around and shouts loudly while waving widely "I will contact you later!"

"Mhm... y-yeah." Chin Mi said so enthusiastically, she then turn around and runs in the opposite idea. Only that she has no idea why she was doing this in this place. She felt like she was enthusiastic about something... but what about what? Is it about him, and the fact that he said he'll contact her?

Lee Chin Mi replied to herself nothing but a giggle, to the assurance that she at least, had a really good time.

Flash.Strut.Click.Strut.Shot

Everything is suddenly running smoothly. The whole staff is suddenly confused by the atmosphere their new model is bringing,all the shots had this sort of strange refreshing vibe. It's a bit unusual though, but everyone loves it. He surely did something good today, and everything was wrapped up faster than expected.

However, everybody is still wondering why and how in the world this happened to their new acing model? While, the said subject of interest is packing his things off, he had eavesdropped upon a conversation within two stylists.

"This new guy has real potential!"

"Mhmm, you can say that again."

"But, to be honest, I don't know if his work today was his natural style. I mean, from his previous projects, he just, looked different!"

"It's different in a good way"

"Right! You know, I'm just thinking that maybe he'd seen something good during the hour break."

"Come to think of it, when the assistant director called him, I heard he seen someone else that's talking to the model. Probably, some girl."

"Ehh? No wonder why he's that inspired."

The two chatterboxes chuckled upon this idea while Oh Se Hun sighed upon the idea these two people had just formed. It sounded like something ripped of straight from a some sort of drama. 

But maybe they were right at some point. Maybe.


i am the representation of these two chatterboxes /shot deadly:

kyaaa! here it is dayum. ughhh. i feel like that this is a cliche chapter, but i will back it off with something refreshing to read at... i hope ;-;

well i hope you all enjoyed this! ill post the next chapter maybe sooner ;;

anyways, two days ago was exo's anniversary, have you enjoyed their crack while answering the fanboard? /shot 

i wish i could become part of it, ill make fun of sehun's lisp nyaha! buuut, maybe ill be scolded off like what chen did uvu i need to be an agelic exotic 0:>

okay enough seriously, author-nim's notes are becomming longer and longer ;A;