;1

Uncertainty

Title: Uncertainty
Main: Luhan & Sehun (EXO)
Length: oneshot
Genre: romance/drama/angst

 

Luhan and Sehun are brothers.

They’re supposed to be.

But the fact that Luhan is a half demon made it difficult for them to maintain a normal family relationship.

 

“Hyung, hide your tail.”

“Whoops, I didn’t realize. Sorry.”

 

Sehun will never let anyone break to their relationship as brothers, but unfortunately, he didn’t expect to break it himself by falling for the older. Ever since they’re still kids, they’re stuck to each other. Luhan always protect him like a good brother when Sehun got bullied by the other kids. Like, always. Both of the parents had passed away. They only have each other to lean on. Or mostly, it’s Sehun who runs to Luhan. And Luhan will always have his arms to welcome his younger brother.

 

“Hyung, ears.”

“Ah, right. Thanks.”

 

If Sehun could count the hours they spent together, then he’s counting the hours he’s been living. Sehun couldn’t imagine his life without Luhan. He’s not a bright person, but Luhan will always brighten his day with a good morning smile. He couldn’t imagine waking up to a reality that he won’t be seeing that smile again. He couldn’t imagine Luhan being nowhere around him.

 

“Hyung—“

“What again now, Sehun?!”

The younger smiled, “Here’s your lunch. Let’s go.”

 

Will Luhan feel the same? Will Luhan be afraid of thoughts living without Sehun?

Demons are supposed to live much longer than humans. Sehun wouldn’t be able to catch up with that. He won’t be living with Luhan forever. He will only live with Luhan all his life but not all Luhan’s life. Will the older be scared about those thoughts? Or is it just Sehun?

 

“Let’s skip school today!”

“But, hyung—“

Luhan pulled Sehun by his hand and ran outside the train.

 

If Sehun could choose, he wouldn’t want to be the one falling.

He wouldn’t want to feel all this uncertainty. Because the only thing he’s certain of is that he would never be able to spend all the life with his brother; that they’re different. That his brother is not the same as what he actually is.

 

“Hey, why did you confess?

Haven’t you,

Always hid it in your heart?”

 

Sehun could never answer that. He didn’t know the answer. He’s afraid to answer. He’s afraid the older won’t be thinking the same about their lives; about how Sehun couldn’t live without him. Sehun had never confessed anything to the older. He kept everything inside but not last night. He was beyond scared of things that suddenly everything was too weird. The sofa seemed too comfortable, Luhan seemed to be glowing, and Sehun couldn’t stop himself from crawling closer to press his lips to the elder’s; whispering an ‘I love you’.

 

“I was anxious,

I’m running out of time.

I only have so long to live.

So if I don’t say it now,

…”

Luhan was back-facing him still, feet dipped to the ocean. Sehun choked on his words,

‘My feelings… are perhaps heavier than those of anyone else our age.’

But nothing came out; it was only said in mind. So he took a deep breath before finishing what he had said before,

“That’s what I thought.”

 

So if he doesn’t say it now? What will happen? He doesn’t know. Will Luhan kept on asking him this, or will the older just forget about it and smile again like usual and yeah, everything will be back to normal and Sehun will suffer again from those unanswered questions.

 

“Is that so?

Spending time with me…

Your lifetime is not enough?”

 

The question is; could Sehun face his life without Luhan? The answer is always been no. Sehun could never imagine his life without Luhan. And now he couldn’t imagine Luhan’s life without him. As they grew up, Sehun took the most care of him. It’s not that the role has swapped—Sehun’s now protecting Luhan? No. But Sehun will always be the one to look at Luhan when his tail came out, or his ears, or his fangs. And Sehun will always be the one to know whenever Luhan is sick or has problems.

 

“No, it’s…

Not enough. Not enough at all.”

 

It’s Sehun who served the breakfast. It’s Sehun who made him lunch. It’s Sehun who prepare for dinner. It’s Sehun who took care of the house because Luhan is being lazy all the time. But Sehun won’t mind taking care of that forever. Because Luhan protected him. Without Luhan, he might not be here now. It’s Sehun who owed him his life. But he couldn’t imagine Luhan living alone. Sehun just… he couldn’t just leave him alone.

 

Luhan chuckled, “I don’t know what to do with you,”

Sehun sighed, looking down to the sand beneath him. So fragile and so light.

I don’t know what to do to myself too, hyung.

 

Who’s going to serve him food for breakfast and dinner? Who’s going to deliver the lunch box to his class if he wakes up late? Who’s going to take care of the house? Who’s going to tell him if his tail or ears or fangs come out?

Who’s going to take care of Luhan?

 

“Okay.

I’ll give years of my life to you.”

Sehun lifted his head to see Luhan standing in front of him, an inch shorter. Luhan was smiling. And it was Sehun’s favorite smile. Every smile from Luhan was Sehun’s favorite. And those lips opened to continue, Sehun wouldn’t mind to spend all his life hearing that voice.

“It’s alright.

Even it’s just the two of us, it’ll be fine.”

A pair of arms wrapped around him and hugged him tight.

 

Sehun is just a normal human. Luhan is a half-demon. Demons are supposed to live much longer than humans and Sehun will never be able to catch up with that. But maybe everything will be fine. Because Luhan said it. And Sehun believes him.

Yeah, it’ll be fine.

 


posting this in a rush ofg

Hope you guys enjoy!