When You Both Get Detention [Changjo]

Idol Scenarios
When you both get detention. (Teen Top's Changjo / Choi Jonghyun)

 

Theme: Comedy, school life, romance

Requested by: JunShin

 

You sigh to yourself and run a hand through your already-messy hair. Today was just a really bad day for you. On top of forgetting your homework on your study desk and falling flat on your face while running during Physical Education class, you had come to school fifteen minutes late. The head teacher thought it natural then to give you detention. Great.

The ticking of the clock isn't helping either. You slump in your chair as you watch the time pass by. The hour hand seems to taunt you as it sleeps peacefully in its position, refusing to let detention end for you. Or, to be more accurate, for the both of you.

The boy munching on some candy in the corner of the room is Changjo, looking as bored as you are as he drums his fingers on his desk. Changjo is a sweet guy, don't get him wrong; it's just that someone tried to threaten him in class a few periods back. The guy received a load of Changjo-taekwondo, which wasn't pretty, deemed the head teacher. So off to detention it was for Changjo.

Scratch that, 'bad day' is the understatement of the year. You're stuck debating with yourself over whether or not you were going to talk to Changjo. This wouldn't be too much of a problem if Changjo wasn't your ultimate crush. Ever. In the history of high school.

You sigh once again at your distress and ruffle the back of your head. You think that all hope is lost - that is, until a paper plane flies by you. You reach out to get it.

Hi, it reads.

You look around and spot Changjo with an open notebook before him. However, he looks out the window, as if he had nothing to do with the plane. He can't hide much though - there's only two of you in the room.

You blush and make your own paper plane from the old sheets that you have. You send out a hello.

Not a minute later, another paper plane flies by. This time, it reads are you doing anything later?

You can feel your heart beat faster as you craft another paper plane with shaky hands. You send back a no. Your confusion is evident on your face, and a slight glimmer of hope, in your eyes. Changjo is still looking out of the window, but this time, his ears have turned red. You smile to yourself but quickly duck down when he shifts his head.

Yet another paper plane flies by.

Do you want to go out with me later?

Your heart skips a beat, and you almost slap yourself to check if this is a reality. Hey, you tell yourself, what if he only wants to go out as friends?

Your spirits sink a little, but you lose no time in sending back your response.

Why?

Incoming plane.

I like you a lot.

Cue screams of happiness, cue blushing until shade of tomato is reached, cue explosion. For later.

For now, you grin, and this time, you turn around and catch his eye. You mouth 'I like you, too', and immediately, a smile blooms on Changjo's face.

 

Five minutes left. Both of you are already antsy to leave detention. You crack your fingers repeatedly while Changjo fiddles with his fingers. The ticking of the clock seems excruciatingly slower now than it was awhile ago.

"Okay, since you two have been such good students during detention, I'm letting you both out early! Run home now!" the teacher says as she pops in the room before leaving. Thank goodness. In a flash, Changjo is at your side, gently intertwining his fingers with yours. You think that your heartbeat can wake up a sleeping lion, given its intensity.

"Hey, you know what? When we have kids in the future, I'm going to say that our love story started with paper airplanes," Changjo declares as he swings your connected hands. A warm, fuzzy feeling spreads through your chest, but you hit him anyway, laughing about how too far ahead he's thinking. Changjo sheepishly grins at you and tugs you toward the school exit.

You guess that it's a pretty good day (and that you're the best at giving understatements).  

 

A/N: Accepting requests, yeah~ ^^ Thank you, JunShin, I hope this is alright! ^^