It makes sense

Just a hug

 

“Jinki,” says the sing song voice of one Kim Kibum, “didn’t you say you wanted help learning that last couple of counts?”

 

Needless to say, every time that voice reaches his ears, his heart races, he drops whatever he’s doing to listen, and follows it anywhere. Any command or question promptly answered and or followed to the fullest extent no matter how mild the tone.

 

It’s been this way ever since they met and it isn’t likely to change. Jinki loves Kibum in a way that’s much more than friends, and definitely more than what Kibum wants to return.

 

With an apologetic smile, he cuts off his conversation with Jonghyun, who rolls his eyes, and goes directly over to where Kibum is waiting impatiently. Giving the younger his best smile, he nods in affirmation because he does indeed need help with the final set of counts.

 

Kibum is patient in going through the movements slowly so Jinki can absorb them and follow along. Despite his concentration on learning, he can’t help but appreciate the fluid movement of the younger’s body, the deep tone, and the light touches of correction as he clumsily tries to reproduce the moves.

 

It takes a couple more tries before he has it down perfectly, but as soon as he does Kibum’s approval makes him feel like he’s won the lottery. He gives the younger a high five and tries to pull him into a gratitude filled hug only to be shrugged off as the other joins Taemin and Minho’s conversation about one thing or another.

 

A small lump forms in Jinki’s throat at being ignored but he quickly pushes the feeling away. Kibum’s interest is always fleeting and he’s lucky they made it through the dance sequence before the younger got distracted.

 

 

“Jinki, would you mind helping me cook dinner?”

“Jinki, do you mind if I take some of your portion?”

“Jinki, would you mind shopping with me?”

“Jinki, can you hold the bags? My arms are dying.”

“Jinki, don’t you agree with me?”

“Jinki, didn’t you say you wanted to watch my new dance?”

 

The requests are endless and always interrupt something Jinki is doing and or talking about with one of the other members. None the less he continues to respond immediately to Kibum’s needs.

 

While the others understand his crush they also get a bit put out with how Jinki seems to always favor Kibum over them. He doesn’t try to, and is always trying to make it up to them but deep down he knows they’ll never understand the true depth of his feelings.

 

He continues his efforts to get in a little skin ship with Kibum after each demand is met but the younger is forever pushing him away. Each time he tries to make an excuse as to why Kibum keeps him at arm’s length, dark, angry feelings seem to build in the back of his mind.

 

Finally he snaps.

 

“Jinki-” Kibum starts to call out to him and he quickly cuts the younger off.

 

“I’m busy Kibum.” He says to everyone’s surprise and continues helping Taemin with his homework.

 

There’s a short silence before Kibum’s voice rings out again, “But Jinki-”

Again Jinki cuts him off, “It’ll have to wait Kibum. I’m helping Taemin.” His tone is neutral but now has an edge to it. He’s nearing his breaking point.

 

Another silence ensues then there’s a torrent of angry steps in Jinki’s direction and a hand punches his shoulder. Jerking in surprise, he looks up at a very upset Kibum.

 

“Let me finish a freaking sentence would you?” says the angry boy, “What the heck is wrong with you? I’m only trying to ask for your help.”

 

Jinki springs to his feet and glares at the younger, Taemin sitting quietly as it plays out, “What’s wrong with me? Absolutely nothing Kibum. It’s what’s wrong with you. You constantly need me to do something or help you in the middle of something that I need to do or am doing. I don’t mind helping but, you never say thank you, you never wait your turn and it’s really starting to get on my nerves.”

 

It was the first time he ever reprimanded Kibum for anything and he instantly feels bad for doing so. Guilt twists deep within him and he’s on the verge of apologizing when the younger suddenly smiles.

 

“About time. I was beginning to worry you’d never say anything. I get that you like me Jinki but please, no more special treatment. I’m part of the band like everyone else and should be treated as such. If you want to ask me out then do so, don’t just sit there and let me run rampant. I like you but for goodness sakes, I’m not the only one in this group that deserves your attention and respect.” Kibum says in a light tone and Jinki is speechless.

 

It never has occurred to Jinki that Kibum simply wanted to be treated like everyone else. There’s a short silence then a quiet, “I’m sorry,” as Jinki blushes and is enveloped in a hug.

 

It’s the first hug he’s ever gotten from Kibum and it’s all because he finally did what the younger had wanted him to do, treat him like he was part of the group. He would definitely have to rethink his plans for courting the younger boy.

 

A/N: I've been on a oneshot streek~