Prologue

I Can't Be Your Angel, But I Can Be Your Dark Knight!

 

         "Late again Ms. Flynn." the suave voice of Kwon Jiyong said. "Take a seat." Sairus Flynn sighed and took a moment to glare at her professor's back as she made her way to her seat. The other students shook his or her head before looking back to the board where Professor Kwon was writing down notes. 
 
        Sairus took a seat between her two best friends, Desiray Payton and Monique Edwards. The two girls gave her a look and Sairus sheepishly grinned. She was thankful to have them in Professor Kwon's class. She didn't know how she would deal with the blond Korean without them. To top it off, this was her least favorite class. It wasn't because Professor Kwon taught it. It was because the subject was math. 
 
        Sairus sighed, trying to pay attention as she wrote the Algebraic equation in her notebook. Really where were they going to use most of this in life at? Pretty soon, to Sairus' relief the class ended. Sairus stood, grabbing her bag and made her way to the door with her friends. 
 
        "Ms. Flynn." Jiyong called. "I need to speak to you." Sairus frowned. Both Desiray and Monique gave her sympathetic gazes before leaving. Sairus sighed and then turned to her professor, who was sitting behind his desk. 
 
        Jiyong watched her with a slight smirk playing on his face. "Take a seat." He instructed. Sairus sat down at the seat infront of his desk. "I want to speak to you about your grade." Jiyong said. He flipped the grade book on his desk opened and went down to her name. "Half the time you don't come to class and if you do, you are always late." He looked at her. "As my policy goes, I would have done dropped you from my class weeks ago." 
 
        Sairus looked away, not being able to meet Jiyong's intense gaze. She heard the scraping of his chair against the title floor and his foot steps as he headed before her. Her eyes landed on the dark sole shoes that invaded her vision. A warm hand grasped her chin, tilting her head up. Her wide eyes met Jiyong's and he smirked. 
 
        "You are failing my class Ms. Flynn. What do you plan to do about it?" He asked. Sairus blushed and stammered. "I... I... um..." She racked her brain for something to say. Jiyong chuckled. "I have a proposition for you." He said. Sairus looked at him, confused. "What kind of proposition?" She asked. She pulled back some and his hand was no longer touching her face. 
 
        Jiyong smirked. "Ah, how do I say this Ms. Flynn?" He sighed. "You irritate me greatly. When I moved here from South Korea to take this job in the states, I never once thought I would get a student like you. Never did I think that the young woman that would walk into my class thirty minutes late on the first day would invade my thoughts so much." He glared at her then and Sairus blinked. Just what the heck was going on here? What was Professor Kwon saying? 
 
        She watched as Jiyong's eyes flickered from her to the door. It was as if he was debating on stopping the talk and just letting her leave. Sairus shifted in her seat, drawing Jiyong's attention back to her. He sighed and ran a hand through his blond hair. "I have a dilemma." He said. "Why are you talking to me about a dilemma? Shouldn't you be talking to your buddies about life problems?" Sairus stood, grabbing her bag. "I have another class to get to." 
 
        She went to move past him, but Jiyong grabbed her arm. "Look I don't like asking you thins, but please I need your help." He said. "With what?" Sairus asked. "You're going to laugh." Jiyong sighed. "But my parents have me in an arranged marriage. The only way I can get out of it is if I have a girlfriend." He looked her up and down. "You are perfect to play the part. I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend when my parents visit. If you do this, I will pass you." His eyes pleaded for her to say yes. 
 
        Sairus stared at him in shock. "Wha... wha..." She stammered. "You want me to be your girlfriend?" "Pretend girlfriend." Jiyong corrected. "And it will only be for a short while. Two months at the most." He said. Sairus could only stare at him like he was crazy. "So what's your answer?" Jiyong asked. 
 
        Sairus shook her head. "This is the twenty-first century! Arranged marriages don't exist!" She yelled. Jiyong sighed. "I would appreciate it if you didn't yell." He frowned. "Yes, I know it's the twenty-first century, but my family for many generations had done arranged marriages." He then sighed. "The only loop hole is if I have found a woman that I love, then I won't be forced to marry the woman my mother picked out." 
 
        "Then what happens to the woman your mother picked out?" Sairus asked. Jiyong shrugged his shoulders. "Hopefully she finds a guy as well. I really don't care." He said. "I just don't want to marry her." Sairus frowned. "Have you even met her? What if you like her?" She asked. Jiyong shook his head. "I have met her and I have no feelings whatsoever for her. I want a marriage based on love." Sairus' eyes widened. Looked like the cold professor had a soft side. 
 
        "Now you see my problem. I promise I will pass you if you help me." He said. Sairus sighed. "I just have to pretend to be your girlfriend for two months and that's it?" Jiyong nodded. "You'll pass me if I do this?" Sairus asked. Once again, Jiyong nodded. Sairus sighed, biting down on her lip. It was a bad habit she had when she was nervous or was thinking. 
 
        "Fine. I'll do it Professor Kwon." She said. Jiyong sighed in relief. "Thank you." He breathed. Sairus nodded and Jiyong cleared his throat, taking on his strict persona again. "Alright, that will be all Ms. Flynn. I will contact you when I need to." He waved his hand at her, motioning her to the door. 
 
        Sairus rolled her eyes and headed towards the door. Shutting the door after her departure, she stood in the hall starring down at her shoes. Only one thought ran through her mind. "What the heck did I just agree to?"
 
 
*Well this is the Prologue. I made it short because of that, but Chapter One will be longer. I am working on Chapter One right now. If I don't have it up today, hopefully I will have it up tomorrow. Also thank you chekumi for subscribing to my story!*