3rd Chapter

My one and only, Tetsuya!

 

Pulling into the gas station, Tetsuya glanced over at his sleeping girlfriend and smiled softly at the serene expression on her face, her head resting against the window pane of the truck.

It had been a long day. They'd shopped, eaten, watched two movies at the cinema and wandered around parks before resigning to their hotel room to spend blissful and passionate nights with one another.

It was 2:03 in the morning, and there was only another half an hour or so before they arrive home in Tokyo. What had thought to be a relatively short journey had turned into 5 hours of travel time, and extreme traffic blockages following. Tetsuya hadn't been all that bothered as it was more time he could spend with Krystal but he knew that she was tired and achy and wanted to go home and sleep.

Reaching over, Tetsuya gently Krystal's arm in attempts to rouse her from her slumber. She murmured softly before shifting, her head lifting from the window and turning towards Tetsuya's.

 

"Hey sleepy head," he murmured, smiling softly at Krystal's deliciously sleepy expression, her soft chocolate eyes blinking dazedly as she gathered her bearings.

 

Yawning, Krystal rubbed her eyes before finally focusing her gaze on her boyfriend. "Why have we stopped?" She asked, her voice husky from sleep and Tetsuya laughed lightly as he watched her eyes quickly fall shut again.

 

"we're almost home." His reply was hushed and he leant towards Krystal, nuzzling his nose against her cheek. "You still with me?"

"Mhmm," Krystal murmured and Tetsuya laughed again, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"I'll be right back – do you want anything to eat?"

 

He waited for a moment as Krystal's sleepy eyes fluttered open, her lips lifting in a small smile. "No, thanks," she whispered. "I'm fine."

"You sure? It's been hours since we ate." Tetsuya grasped her hand to run his thumb lightly over her knuckles. Krystal's eyes fluttered closed again and Tetsuya felt a light surge of guilt as he realized just how tired she was. He sat for moment just watching as her breathing slowly evened out, admiring her beautiful serene face, the way her lips always curved into a smile even though she was sleeping. Lifting her hand to his lips, Tetsuya pressed a small kiss to her knuckles before slowly easing back and shifting over to the door. He jumped down from the truck and carefully, shut the door before making his way towards the small building.

The slamming of the door jolted Krystal from her doze and she blinked sleepily for a moment before her gaze followed her boyfriend as he walked briskly to the shop. She smiled softly as she watched him, her mind filling with the idyllic memories of the past couple of days. She was so lucky, she thought; so lucky to have such an admiring and loving boyfriend who cared for her like she was the only thing in his world.

When her Brother, Shohei, had first found out about their relationship, he'd been wary, pointing out the fact that Tetsuya was two years older than Krystal but Krystal had merely brushed that comment away with a shrug and a radiant smile. "It doesn't matter, Shohei," she'd said. " Tetsuya loves me, and that's enough."

And she was right. Age didn't matter especially since the two were so close, and always had been. When they're together, they forget the , as insubstantial as it is – it simply doesn't matter to them. As cheesy as it sounded, Krystal knew that as long as she had him, her life was perfect – and something as stupid as an wouldn't change that.

--

 

Take me back to the time we had our very first fight,

The slamming of doors 'stead of kissing goodnight,

You stayed outside, 'til the morning light,

Oh my, my, my, my

 

--

 

" Tetsuya, will you just let it go!"

 

18 year-old Krystal stormed through the front door to her house, fuming mad as she heard her boyfriend curse lightly before following her.

 

"Krys, he felt you up!"

"No he didn't!"

"He grabbed your !" Tetsuya reiterated. "You can't tell me that was an accident."

"He gave me a hug, Tetsuya." Krystal whirled around to face him, her normally soft chocolate eyes a dark piercing black. "He did not grab my ." As Tetsuya opened his mouth, Krystal groaned before stomping into the kitchen, Tetsuya right behind her.

"Krystal, I was there – I saw it." Tetsuya folded his arms as he leant against the work top, raising an eyebrow at his glaring girlfriend, daring her to doubt him.

"Fine maybe he did, but it meant nothing! Yuki's been going through a rough time, with his parents splitting up – even you know that." Krystal huffed, rolling her eyes irritably as Tetsuya scoffed.

"Yeah, I'm sure he was broken up inside when he gave your a squeeze," he drawled sarcastically.

Krystal threw her head back in frustration. "Why are making such a big deal out of this, Tetsuya?" She asked testily, mirroring his image by folding her arms across her chest. "Why?"

"Making a big deal? How am I supposed to act when a guy who I know wants to get my girlfriend into bed, grabs her , trying to make to make it look all cute and innocent by hugging her?"

Krystal flushed furiously, her eyes narrowing dangerously. "He does not want to get me into bed!"

"Krys, I used to be on the team with him. Before you and I were dating, he made his interest for you rather obvious to the rest of us."

"That was two years ago, Tetsuya!"

Tetsuya scoffed again, shaking his head. "Krystal, trust me – two years means nothing to that guy. Especially when he knows that I'm at university, unable to see what he gets up to."

Krystal frowned. "And what makes you think I'll allow him to 'get up to' anything?" She asked, her voice a little hard.

"Well, you didn't seem to mind the -groping," Tetsuya replied, a little coolly.

Krystal raised an eyebrow, wary at the tone of Tetsuya's voice. "Meaning?"

"Meaning," Tetsuya said, "what am I meant to think when I'm knowing my girlfriend doesn't really mind being d by some guy?"

His words had Krystal faltering, her cold façade instantly replaced with a hurt expression. Troy cursed himself silently as he saw her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

"I can't believe you don't trust me," she whispered finally.

"No, Krys, I didn't-"

" Tetsuya, I would never cheat on you or allow anything like that to happen," she said, her voice timorous and shaky, a complete contrast to her previous persona. "How could you think that?"

"Krys, listen-"

"Just go home, Tetsuya." Krystal turned away from him and began making her way towards the stairs, not looking back, not caring, as she ascended the steps. The slam of her door echoed through the silent house and Tetsuya winced, mentally berating himself for being such an .

In the confines of her room, Krystal climbed into her bed, her tears leaking heavily from her eyes and she curled up in a ball, her heart aching as Tetsuya's words whirled around in her head. Lying next to her was the bear Tetsuya had given her for her 10th birthday, and she picked it up, looking at it angrily before throwing it to the other side of the room where it bounced off the wood of her wardrobe.

Tetsuya sighed heavily, ruffling his hair uneasily before walking out of the kitchen to follow his girlfriend, only to stop outside her closed bedroom door. The hand on the doorknob hesitated as Krystal's muffled sobs filtered through the wood, and Tetsuya stepped back, knowing that it was best to leave her be for now. His back slid down the wall until he was slumped on the floor, right outside the room, his head resting in his hands.

 

And he waited.

 

Krystal's eyes fluttered open suddenly and she sat up, confused as she took in her surroundings. Her room was dark; the only light source was the pale glow of the moon as it filtered through the glass of her balcony doors. Glancing at her clock, she was shocked to see that it was just after midnight. Had she really been asleep that long?

Rubbing her sore eyes, Krystal threw her duvet back and slipped out of bed. She flicked on her bedside lamp before making her way over to the tall chest of drawers. Opening one drawer, she pulled out a pair of boxers and a pale blue t-shirt, both items of clothing belonging to her boyfriend. As she stripped down, Krystal tried to keep Tetsuya from her mind, but as she pulled his t-shirt over her head, she became enveloped in his comforting scent, and almost immediately her heart ached, longing for him.

Her eyes scrunched closed tightly to prevent the tears that were welling up at bay, and she took a deep breath. She was still angry at Tetsuya; of course she was. How could he not trust her? Did he honestly think that she'd cheat on him? But despite the anger she felt, she also knew that she wanted him here with her now so that he could hold her and make everything better. He was her mender-of-broken-things, after all. Glancing over at her nightstand in search of her cell phone so that she could call him and ask him to come over, she frowned as she remembered that she'd left it in the kitchen. Sighing again, she crossed the room and opened the door only to trip over a pair of legs right outside the doorway.

Krystal gasped quietly as she took in Tetsuya 's uncomfortably positioned sleeping body before a small smile worked its way onto her lips as she realized that he'd been there all night, waiting for her to come out. Heart fluttering, Krystal carefully eased herself into Tetsuya 's lap, her tiny fingers immediately coming up to brush away the hair that dangled across his eyes.

The action must've woken Tetsuya because Krystal felt his body stiffen, and she watched as his eyes fluttered open only to immediately focus on hers. His arms lifted to wind around her body and he pulled her closer.

 

"I'm sorry, Krys," he murmured against her temple, his eyes closing again as he inhaled her perfect scent.

"I'm still mad at you," she whispered back but accepted the kisses Tetsuya pressed against her skin.

"I know – and I'm sorry I'm such an ."

"I'm sorry you're an too," Krystal murmured back, a small wry smile forming on her lips. Tetsuya caught her chin and turned her head gently so that she was looking at him.

"I do trust you, Krys," he whispered sincerely. "I was just ty because I really hate that guy but I never doubted you. And I won't, not ever."

Krystal nodded her head, leaning her forehead against his own. "I know, Tetsuya – just don't ever get mad or jealous again, okay? This was our first fight, and it majorly."

"I know – I really am sorry, babe; I never meant to hurt you." Tetsuya squeezed her tighter and Krystal leant in to press a chaste kiss against his lips.

"I know, Tetsuya. I forgive you."

"Good," Tetsuya smiled before kissing her sweetly. As he pulled back he grinned. "Do you think we could go to bed now? My is so sore and I can't feel my legs."

Krystal giggled as she climbed out of his lap, and reached down to help him up. Just as she stepped into her room, Krystal felt a hand on her wrist and she was suddenly spun around to come face to face with Tetsuya.

"Love you, Tetsuya," he murmured softly, his azure eyes twinkling.

"I love you too."

--

 

A few years had gone and come around,

We were sitting at our favorite spot in town,

And you looked at me,

Got down on one knee…

 

--