1st Chapter

My one and only, Tetsuya!

 

 

"Happy birthday, Tetsuya!"

 

Krystal dashed through the front door as soon as it had been opened and into the living room where Tetsuya and Shohei were currently shooting zombies on the TV screen. Jumping up, Tetsuya hastily paused the game, to which Shohei protested profusely but was ignored as Tetsuya's brown eyes focused on the petite black haired girl wearing a pretty yet bashful smile on her face as she held a neatly wrapped present in her hands.

Biting her bottom lip, Krystal held out the package, her cheeks a slight hue of pink. "Here you go; I hope you like it."

 

Tetsuya smiled softly at her nervousness and carefully began to open to present. Inside was a box which contained a LA Lakers jersey with ' Asada ' written above the number 14 (Tetsuya's lucky number, or so he claimed). Tetsuya's eyes widened in shock and his jaw dropped and he quickly tore his gaze away from the jersey to Krystal who was staring intently at her feet, her hands wringing slightly.

 

"Krys! It's fantastic!"

 

Krystal's head snapped up at Tetsuya's exclamation and beamed brightly, relief etched across her face as Tetsuya tore his t-shirt off and replaced it with his new jersey. Before she realized, Krystal was swept up in Tetsuya's arms as he hugged her tightly, and her blush deepened when Tetsuya pressed a swift kiss to her cheek. "Thank you, Krys! You're the best!"

"Well, because you're mine now, I thought you'd like something more…grown up, instead of stupid zombie-shooting games," Krystal replied brightly.

"Hey!" Shohei protested, but she merely wrinkled her nose in distaste at the picture on the TV screen.

"Seriously Krystal, this is the best present ever," Tetsuya insisted and Krystal beamed again and watched as Tetsuya stood grinning widely in front of the mirror, turned to the side so he could see the back of the jersey.

Standing in the doorway of the living room, Jack Asada and Antonio Tatsunami watched as their children interacted, laughing deliriously with one another as they took turns in ruffling Shohei's hair.

Jack grinned and nudged Antonio, nodding towards Krystal who has just jumped onto Tetsuya's back, giggling. "That's my future daughter-in-law, that is."

Antonio chuckled and nodded his head, returning Jack's grin. "And I couldn't ask for a better future son-in-law."

 

Their laughing was ceased as they heard a 'tsk'-ing sound from behind them, and they both turned to see their wives standing there, their arms folded.

 

"Jack, don't try and match make the kids," Lucille scolded teasingly and Maria nodded.

"If they find out that you're already planning their wedding," she said, "they'll freak out, you know they will."

"But, Lucy, look at them!" Jack insisted. " Tetsuya's never this comfortable around girls."

"And I've never seen Krystal looking so confident," Antonio added, and Jack nodded in agreement.

 

Lucille and Maria exchanged wry smiles and rolled their eyes before walking into the kitchen to prepare lunch.

 

--

Take me back to the house in the backyard tree,

Said you'd beat me up, you were bigger than me

You never did, you never did

--

 

"Krys, give it back!"

 

Krystal scuttled down the garden path towards the ladder of the tree-house, giggling madly, as she heard Tetsuya chase after her. "Nope!"

Gripping the toy firmly under her arm, she hastily climbed the ladder into the wooden confinements of the house before darting behind the toy chest in an attempt to hide from the raging 9 year old as he emerged from the trap-door.

 

"I can still see you, idiot," Tetsuya said and Krystal peeked out from above the chest and sighed before crawling out and standing up. "Give me the toy, Krystal."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because it's boring and you don't play with me – you're only interested in this stupid robot."

"Robo-Rob is not stupid."

"Yes it is."

"No he's not."

"Is."

"Isn't."

"It IS!" Krystal stomped her foot.

"Krystal, if you don't give it to me, I'll-"

"You'll what?" Krystal interrupted, folding her arms.

 

Tetsuya pondered for a moment before smirking down at her. "I'll beat you up."

Krystal gasped before shaking her head furiously. "No you won't, you're not allowed."

"Nobody can see us so they can't tell me off," Tetsuya retaliated, smiling smugly.

Krystal faltered slightly. "You won't beat me up," she insisted.

"Say's who? I am a lot bigger than you, Krys, it'll be easy." He took a menacing step towards her and she immediately back up against the wall, her wide eyes slowly filling with tears. "Please don't, Tetsuya," she whimpered and Tetsuya froze as he saw her chin tremble and a few tears leak from her eyes. Uh oh.

"No, no, Krys, don't cry," he rushed towards her, taking her hand. "I was only joking; I would never beat you up." Tetsuya winced as Krystal sobbed quietly, and he pulled her into his arms and patted her back. "Please don't cry, Krys. I'm sorry; I didn't mean to scare you."

Krystal's sobs soon subsided into sniffles as she pulled herself out Troy's embrace. "That wasn't nice, Tetsuya."

Tetsuya dropped his head. "I know, I'm sorry." He looked up to see Krystal glaring at him, her face sulky and tear stained. Biting his lip, he slowly eased Robo-Rob from her hands and placed it in the toy chest before turning back to Krystal. "What do you want to play?" He asked timidly, and she immediately brightened up, grinning widely as she dashed over towards the board games – the previous moments already forgotten.

 

--

Take me back when our world was one block wide,

I dared you to kiss me and ran when you tried,

Just two kids, you and I

Oh my, my, my, my

--

 

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Krys, you're such a wimp!"

"Shut up."

"Okay fine. Um…" Ten year old Tetsuya trailed off on thought as he tried to come up with a question. "Oh! Shohei told me that you have a crush on somebody – who is it?" He asked slyly, grinning in triumph, and Krystal's eyes widened before she looked down, picking at the floorboards of the tree house, a pink tint on her cheeks.

She mumbled something, and Tetsuya rolled his eyes. "I can't hear you, Krys."

"I said: nobody," Krystal responded, looking up in time to see Tetsuya 's face fall.

"Oh – okay." Clearing his throat at Krystal's confused expression, Troy spoke again. "It's your turn to ask me."

"Okay. Truth or dare?"

"Dare," he said, poking his tongue out at Krystal who rolled her eyes.

What would scare Tetsuya? What would he not want to do? An eight year-old Krystal thought silently before something popped into her head, and she smirked sneakily. He'll never do it.

"Okay, I dare you to kiss me," she declared, frowning when Tetsuya rolled his eyes.

"Krys, I kiss you all the time."

"Not properly," she returned. "Not on the lips."

 

"Oh," Tetsuya looked lost for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and leaning forward, towards Krystal who squeaked suddenly and scrambled onto her feet. Tetsuya looked bewildered and he too stood up. "What's wrong?"

"You were going to kiss me!" Krystal seemed appalled, and Tetsuya only continued to look more confused.

"You dared me to!"

"Yes but I didn't think you'd actually do it!" Krystal looked flustered and eyed Tetsuya closely as he laughed.

"Krys, you know I always do my dares," he said a little smugly. "And I'm not stopping now." He reached towards Krystal who yelped as she backed away.

"Ew, don't!" She whined as Tetsuya came closer. She watched through scrunched eyes as Tetsuya merely shrugged and halted, dropping his hand. Sighing in relief, Krystal straightened herself out and moved to pass Tetsuya but as she did so, she felt a hand on her arm whirling her around and before she could protest, Tetsuya pecked her lips quickly before releasing her.

 

"Ha!"

"Ew! Tetsuya!"

 

--