Privacy is an extremely valuable thing.

The Weeping White Lie

Would you just lie about anything?

Donghae was one to protect his family and his privacy. He didn’t disclose his private areas easily; even his friends had to prove they were respectable enough to deserve the right to learn about the guy’s privacy. Privacy? We are not talking about love interest here, because seriously Hae doesn’t have a love history to talk about. was all in good fun, but never had he fallen in love, it just wasn’t his style. No, it wasn’t his love interest, but his younger brother of two years. Brother that was rumored to be so innocent it was a surprise that he even knew what a kiss was… And by kiss, I don’t mean a peck, but a full blown take-your-breath-away type of kiss. He did know what it was, he even knew what having meant, he even knew his own uality... Homoual, if you find yourself curious. Yet he was still rumored to be one of the most innocent people around, but when you compare him to Donghae, it’s not exactly the most difficult task to win. Donghae is known to be a badass, a fighter, an I’ll-kick-your--if-you-dare-to-look-at-me-or-my-brother-in-a-way-I-find-disrespectful. He’ll do it without actually feeling badly about it. And he has a strong personality, a strong will of being the best around, to be the prince of the school. Maybe, surely that’s why he has so many enemies, his first being Kyuhyun… Kyuhyun is the other badass at the same school where Donghae goes to. They fight constantly, without stopping, ever. Nothing seems to stop their hate for each other. Yet they didn’t know each other before coming to this particular school, Kyuhyun didn’t even know the existence of Donghae’s brother before he saw him with his own eyes later in this story… And even then he was told Hyukjae was Donghae’s lover… Naturally, people will find the truth of their real relation, Eunhae didn’t exactly exist even if it seems most of the time that it does. They acted, on a regular basis, like lovers. So who were people to say no to that, until the truth explodes in their faces?

To come back to Donghae and Kyuhyun and their relationship, they hate each other with a passion so fierce people actually thought they’d fall in love eventually. Some even thought they had an history together, as in one having done something to the other for their mutual hate. Sorry to disappoint, but nothing of the sort actually happened. If it weren’t for their strong personalities and their fierce wish to be the best at everything they do, they wouldn’t even know the existence of the other. They would live contently without having such an enemy they wished to destroy. They hate each other, pure and simple, just like that. And it all gets complicated when a new student arrives and hits the fan; blowing up as it goes.

The new student is a gentle one, but without having even entered the school yet, he is entirely protected by one of the school gangs. So protected that nobody actually knew a new student was going to arrive until they saw his slight figure walking shyly across the school grounds. Their jaws dropped on the floor when they saw him. He had fair skin, a cutesy smile and feminine manners, hiding his smile behind his hand when laughing. Some may think it was because he was hiding an ugly smile, but he was often told by people that his smile was charming, so he was only being polite in those circumstances. Anyways, the new student was followed by Donghae who glared at anyone who dared to look at the younger figure with any type of sentiment, should it be hate, envy or even admiration and love… He glared at them all, making people turn their heads after meeting the fear-inducing glare. Nobody wanted to meet that glare when it came from Donghae, except maybe Kyuhyun, but at the moment he wasn’t there.

 

The new kid, they later learned was named Hyukjae and was Donghae’s brother but that, they learned later, much later. The new kid was one to remember. Having Donghae as a lover wasn’t easy, most would think. So having a beast of a lover and then being seen as this innocent and sweet person: well people didn’t get it. Nobody would say a thing though, nobody wanted to get a hateful glare so people stared and looked away to, like moth to flame, look back up again and stare for ages, most frozen in place.

Donghae was the boss of his little gang. He was the leader and nobody fooled around with leaders in this school. They were the epitome of hotness; leadership was always attractive even with a fool mouth. And Donghae had a fool mouth. As did his friends, his little followers as they were known even if they group had a hierarchy (Donghae the leader, Siwon, Shindong and Wookie the followers and friends of Donghae), they respected each other. Even if people always thought that Donghae was too sly to respect anyone but himself. So guess their surprise when they saw the slight new kid and the leader react to each other. Most thought they were secret lovers even if everyone knew Donghae was a hundred percent heteroual, yet most knew uality is more fluid than one thinks. So when the verdict that they were brothers fell, people were disgusted while others loved their skin ship. Donghae was always ready for a fight as was Siwon. The other two, Shindong and Wookie loved to fight too, but thought more about the consequences. Shindong was the clown of the group, loved to laugh and loved when people laugh even if it was often at his expense. Not exactly the brightest color around; he often blended in the population. Only when at school, he often wore a scowl, ready to protect his friends at any cost. Wookie didn’t smile often even when outside the school. He had this thought that a smile expressed too much of himself and he wants to protect himself and those around him. Putting him with Donghae’s brother, Hyukjae, will surely create sparks, only because Hyukjae is one of those that believe smiling is the most refreshing way to greet people, plus it’s always a pretty way to say thanks, you’re welcome, I like you, you’re my friend and even please take care of me, with so many more words that become prettier with one of those. Siwon, kind of the second in command, is the handsomest of them, if only it the eyes of most girls and guys. Like Wookie, he doesn’t smile often, but more often than Donghae if you don’t put Donghae with Hyukjae, that’s for sure. He is one of those who believe that love is a step away, and is a pure romantic even if Donghae is not and they often clash against each other just to prove their point which always ends in giggles. And then there is Donghae… Donghae strives to fight, just like Kyuhyun. They are so like one another it’s often scary. They plot the ‘death’ of the other without ever succeeding, but let’s keep those two in the dark a bit more.

 

Kyuhyun also has a little gang of followers. Only they are only three in total; Kyuhyun, Yesung and Sungmin. As for their relationship, let’s keep it a mystery for now… The new student and his flock of friends just got stopped in their tracks by… Guess who!