Sungjae

The Violin/바이올린

Sungjae analysed the three cases: Peniel. Changsub. Hyunsik. They all had a particular connection.

Not only they were of course members of their group, BtoB, but they also were murdered with violin materials, materials that looked exactly like his violin and Minwoo's.

If Minwoo and Sungjae's violins' were exactly the same, therefore leaving Sungjae's violin clean and crisp without a trace of flesh, bone or blood, then there was only one clue to this.

It would be Minwoo's ghost. He would have come back.

 

As Sungjae was preparing for bed, he called Ilhoon over.

"Hey Ilhoon," said Sungjae.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember Lee Minwoo?"

"You mean the guy you hung out with a lot? Yeah, what about him?"

"I just noticed something."

"What?"

"I noticed that at the scenes of Peniel's, Changsub's and Hyunsik's scenes, you know how all the materials that were used to kill them were all violin materials, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"They looked exactly like mine."

"But has that got to do with Minwoo?"

"That's when it struck me, when I realised something. You know how I stopped at the stage last time, when you asked me what was wrong? I just saw Minwoo's ghost, and - "

"You couldn't! Unless you really believe in ghosts....."

"I'm serious man, I really did see him. He scowled at me when I looked at him, and when I saw his violin, his violin looked exactly like mine. I guess he wanted to be part of the orchestra just like me."

"That's weird, how come I cannot see him?"

"I don't know, but I swear to you I did."

"Oh no, I'm not being mean to you or anything, I'm just curious about what happened. But now that you mentioned it, I do remember Minwoo playing the violin too."

It was true, Sungjae, Minwoo and Ilhoon used to go to the same music school as children, when they came to learn the piano and the violin, since they were in primary school, even though Sungjae and Ilhoon became friends when they attended the same middle and high school.

 

The rehearsals flew by until Saturday morning came, the day of their concert.