"Seohyun, saranghanda!"

Confession

Seoul, 2011.

 

Loud scream was heard from inside an apartment unit in Gangnam, Seoul. All eight girls were screaming in unison. Some of them were screaming out of surprise, the others were screaming because they were happy. But one thing for sure, everyone screamed of jealousy.

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, and Jessica, each and every one of them was surprisingly shocked when they watched Strong Heart on TV. SNSD was given a free time. It has been a while since they had free schedule so they decided to chill back in their apartment. And they chose to watch Strong Heart together.

 

Apparently, Yong Seobang was invited as one of the guests in the show. Since his first appearance, the Unnies had been constantly teasing their maknae. The show was filmed and aired after Seohyun and Yong Hwa got divorced. They didn’t meet that often after WGM so it was really nice to see him on the show. Besides, SNSD likes him very much. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon even wished that the ‘make-believe’ relationship between the CNBLUE leader and SNSD maknae would last.

 

Realized that she was being the center of attention, Seohyun began to blush.

 

“Unnie, stop teasing me. We divorced.” Seohyun turned her face away from the TV screen. As if that would make her blush go away.

 

“You did. But I know you have been missing him, Hyunni-ah.” Hyoyeon said, clearly heard by the entire room. That statement successfully created a fuss between the girls. Hyoyeon was Seohyun’s roommate. So every thing that girl said about what Seohyun felt might be true.

 

“I haven’t!” This time, Seohyun’s face became more red. There was a reason why she hadn’t act in a drama or a movie until that day. It was because she’s a terrible liar.

 

“Don’t lie. I know that you look at your photographs with Yong Hwa the other day before you sleep. And you have been doing that a lot lately.” Hyoyeon added.

 

“Ya! Jinjja?! Omo.. I guess, you really do like him, don’t you?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun. As a leader in this group, she needed to make sure because if things didn’t go well, this could turn into a scandal. But if they’re lucky, this could be one of the biggest and happiest news in the history of Hallyu Idols.

 

“I don’t know, Unnie.” Seohyun looked at his ‘ex-husband’ on screen, “I don’t even know what he feels towards me. Even if I really miss him, he might not feel the same.”

 

That time, Lee Seung Gi Oppa and Kang Ho Dong Oppa were asking Yong Hwa about how Son Eun Seo sunbaenim looks like Seohyun. Yoona who was focusing on the show recognized Eun Seo Unnie.

 

“That’s Eun Seo Unnie, right?” Yoona asked herself, “Hyun! That was the Unnie that I told about before. You know, my CF partner who looks exactly like you.”

 

“Ya! Ya! Ya!” Sooyoung yelled, “Could you shut up? Ho Dong Oppa is asking Yong Hwa something. It seems important.”

 

When they found out that Lee Seung Gi Oppa and Ho Dong Oppa were talking about Seohyun on the show, especially when they talked about her to Yong Hwa, the girls kept silent. They wanted to know what he would say about her.

 

“Ya! Turn up the volume.” Jessica said. Yuri, as the one who sat closer to the remote, immediately abide.

 

“Yong Hwa should be very clear about this right?” Ho Dong Oppa asked Yong Hwa, after Eun Seo Unnie explained on how people told her that she looked like Seohyun.

 

Yong Hwa nodded, “The hairstyle give people a very similar feeling.”

 

“So do you like Eun Seo?” Ho Dong Oppa asked again.

 

“Ne?” , Yong Hwa obviously looked startled. He was caught off guard by the question given to him and didn’t know how to answer, “Aniyo.. Aniyo..”

 

“So you don’t like her?”

 

“I’m a fan.” Neutral answer from Yong Hwa.

 

As the conversation goes, the viewers’s heart weren’t at ease. This is epic. All SNSD girls were so grateful that they decided to watch Strong Heart today. Because even though they’re the mighty SNSD, they’re also girls who are easily curious about how guys feel about them, especially if one of them, in this case it’s Seohyun, allegedly and most probably had feelings for that guy.

 

“Do you like it that they look alike?” Another bomb question from Ho Dong Oppa. “Doesn’t she look like Seohyun?”

 

Seohyun swore that she saw Yong Hwa blushed a little. But since it was a TV show, it could be make up or something. He couldn’t be blushing for real.

 

“I spent a longer time with Seohyun, so Seohyun is more….”

 

All the girls screamed their lungs out. Noises came out of the girls pretty lips.

 

“Aish! Jinjja! This guy is killing me…” Hyoyeon screamed.

 

“Ssst..!!” Taeyeon cut the fuss, “He’s saying something. Shut up!”

 

“Who is prettier?” Ho Dong Oppa asked him again.

 

This time, screams were heard from everywhere. No matter how hard Seohyun tried not to be affected by the show, she actually wanted to know what Yong Hwa would say about it.

 

What Hyoyeon said earlier was true. She had been looking at her picture together with Yong Hwa before she went to bed. The cause? She just missed him. She missed spending time together with Yong Choding. He made her laugh like nobody can.

 

Maybe Taeyeon Unnie was right. Maybe she really do like him.

 

“If you look closer, the feelings aren’t really similar.” Yong Hwa shyly smiled. He tried to get away from the train of questions of Seohyun that Ho Dong Oppa had been asking him.

 

But Kang Ho Dong was not the kind of man who gave up easily, “I’m asking you who is prettier? You might as well say ‘Eun Seo, I love you!’”

 

The entire studio laughed like crazy, including Yong Hwa. While in their apartment, all nine members of SNSD were watching anxiously.

 

The next scene passed in slow motion for Seohyun. She watched as Yong Hwa was told to stand up. And he eventually did. Then he said, “For me, it’s Seohyun.”

 

“Then raise up your hands and say ‘Seohyun, I love you’. Do it like a man.”

 

“AAAHH!! OMO! Ottohke?!” Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, and Tiffany screamed the loudest. It was really chaotic. Everyone was screaming and shouting. They were really excited. While her Unnies were screaming, Seohyun sat still. Her face was as red as a tomato. She felt her cheek getting hotter. This was embarrassing and exciting at the same time. All of them had one question in their mind, ‘will Yong Hwa really do that?’.

 

And suddenly, he raised his hand and shouted, “Seohyun, I love you” for a few times, which brought joy to everyone.

 

As expected, everybody screamed louder than ever. They couldn’t believe that this was actually happening. And it happened to their maknae!

 

Seohyun could hear the screams of her Unnies. But at the same time, she felt like they were screaming from a really far away place. She was like being into the world where the only thing that exist are herself and the TV she was watching.

 

She could not believe her ears. She saw him screaming ‘I love you’ to her over and over again. Was it real? Did it mean that he really likes her? It wasn’t just for the show, right?

 

So many questions were passing in Seohyun’s mind. She wanted to believe, but at the same time, being the realistic girl as she always been, she could not trust him. It might not be true.

 

“Nobody would confess like he did on a national TV, Seohyun-ah.” Tiffany answered her, after Seohyun told her Unnies about her confusion.

 

“So it’s true?” Seohyun asked again.

 

“There’s only one way to find out.” Hyoyeon said, “It’s not a live show, isn’t it? So the filming was days ago, right?” Before anyone could say anything, Hyoyeon already took her hand phone from the table and dialed a number. The others didn’t know who she was calling. They only trust her boldness and pray that it would actually solve the mystery.

 

“Jungshin chingoo!” Hyoyeon greeted the person who picked up her call.

 

As Seohyun heard the name, her face turned into horror and immediately told Hyoyeon Unnie to stop talking. She tried to reach Hyoyeon’s phone but Tiffany came and snatched her hands away.

 

“Do you or do you not want to know the truth?”

 

“I do. But…”

 

“No buts, Seohyun-ah. We also want to know if what he said was true. If it is, then you will be the first of nine who date another idol.”

 

“I’m jealous.” They could hear Sooyoung whispered.

 

The focus came back to the conversation Hyoyeon had with Jungshin. They could see her laughing, which means that they were talking about something good.

 

“Really, Jungshin-ah? Alright, we’ll be waiting.” Hyoyeon laughed, “Araaa… I was just joking. We have manners, too, you know. Thank you, Jungshin-ah. You’re such a great help.”

 

After Hyoyeon turned off the call, she looked at her members and say, “We should go.”

 

“What? Wae?” Jessica pouted, “We’re in the middle of solving the mystery. Why should we go?”

 

“Because,” Hyoyeon continued her words, “Yong Hwa is on his way and as much as I want to know about how this thing would turn into, our maknae deserves privacy.”

 

“NE??” Seohyun screamed, “Yong Hwa Oppa is on his way where? Here? He’s coming? Why?”

 

“You ask too many question, Seohyun-ah.” Said Taeyeon to her maknae. “Alright, let’s just go somewhere. Kaja!”

 

They grabbed their jackets and went to the door. They realized that if they really want this to work out between Seohyun and Yong Hwa, those two need to be left alone. Both of them were really similar, shy and stubborn.

 

“We’re going, Hyun-ah. Good luck!” Her Unnies gave her a hug before they went out and left her alone in the apartment, supposedly waiting for Yong Hwa.

 

“Ottohke?”