The Rose Kept Secret

The Rose Kept Secret

            “Boss, he broke the deal.”

            Yongguk raised a brow. “He got back together with the West girl?”

            “Yes, sir.”

            The B.A.P leader let out a smirk. “I knew he wouldn’t be able to stay away from her. Guess we’ll just have to release the photos.”

            Yongguk reached over and pulled out a manila folder from his desk drawer. He handed them over to Daehyun.

            “Print out as many copies of these pictures as you can,” Yongguk demanded. “And post them everywhere. Online, on telephone poles, any bare surface you can find. You know the drill. Do I make myself clear?”

            “Crystal.”

            And with that, Daehyun and the others headed out, where chaos and disaster awaited.

 

 

            “______, it’s time.”

            I tiredly opened my eyes and found L. Joe’s face in view. I looked at the clock: 4:40 AM.

            “Now?” I asked.

            L. Joe nodded. “Now.”

            I got out of bed and immediately changed into some sweats. I put on my favorite tennis shoes and looked around my bedroom, wondering if I was missing anything. Then, deciding that I’d already packed everything I needed, I wheeled my suitcase out onto the balcony, where L. Joe was waiting.

            “Got everything?” he asked me as he threw my suitcase onto the ground below next to his.

            “Yeah,” I said. “You?”

            “Yup.” He helped me down from the balcony and onto solid ground.

            “Are you sure about this?” I asked warily. “We could cause a lot of trouble.”

            “We’ll cause a lot more trouble if we stay,” L. Joe said. “Yongguk must’ve sent his men out by now. We need to go.”

            He took my hand in his and the two of us headed over to his car, which was parked by the front curb. I trusted L. Joe enough to agree on his plan, to believe that it was going to work. So I looked back at my house, thinking about my parents, Doojoon, and all of my friends, and hoped that they were all going to be okay.

 

 

           

            “Oh my god.”

            “Isn’t that Yoon ______? Beast’s Doojoon’s little sister?”

            “Holy that’s L. Joe from Teen Top! They’re from rival cities!”

            “Wasn’t she dating that Nam Woohyun guy from Infinite?”

            “This looks so wrong.”

            News got out fast. Woohyun was shocked, so shocked that he didn’t come to school that day. Doojoon and the family didn’t want to believe that it was you in pictures, but there was no doubt about it.

            “No way in hell that’s my little sister in the picture. She has better sense than to date an enemy,” Doojoon had said. But it was clear that you’d gone to Jeju Island behind their backs.

            Your friends and Teen Top showed similar reactions, in addition to Infinite.

            “Why would a West girl date an East dude. East dudes have no ing class.”

            “West girls are nothing compared to East girls.”

            And with such comments, riots were started, fights broke out. Everyone seemed to be fighting over who was better, who was stronger. The fact that you’d dated Woohyun before L. Joe sparked even more hate. It was the chaos that Yongguk had wanted, although he didn’t know why he’d wanted it so badly when everyone is fighting over the stupidest things.

            You and L. Joe had gone missing, and the whole country knew that it was no coincidence. Doojoon wondered every passing night where you were, what you were doing, how you could possibly betray him like this.

            Everyone was anticipating one thing, however: the showdown between

Infinite and Teen Top, Beast and Mblaq, Apink and 4minute, and just about every single other rival gang. They were all going to meet at the border, and who knows what was going to happen from there. Everyone knew that any night could be their last.

            It would take place at night, under the full moon, on a Friday the 13th. The fate of the country was held in the hands of rabid, angry teenagers.

 

 

            A faint stream of light could be seen from the full moon above. Crowds surrounded the border, angry shouting and yelling could be heard from either side. Many had come with weapons. Gunshots became the norm.

            Teen Top and Infinite faced each other, the final battle impending.

            “I knew it,” Woohyun sneered. “I knew something was fishy between him and her. I KNEW IT!”

            “We had nothing to do with it,” Chunji barked. “No one knew about this ing charade except those two and we were all too blind to see it. If anything, have you ever thought that your precious little Yoon ______ seduced the Ice Prince himself?”

            “My little sister,” Doojoon said, jumping in, “would never do such a thing.”

           “Oh yeah?” Ricky pressed. “Perhaps she’s not as innocent as you think. If anything, she could be a . A bitter, fugly .”

            “SAY THAT AGAIN AND YOU’RE DEAD.”

            “WHY WON’T YOU COME OVER HERE THEN AND FIGHT ME?”

            Suddenly, two figures arose upon the roof the buildings. One boy, a brunette. The other a girl, with long dark hair.

            Doojoon’s eyes widened. He could recognize your figure from a mile away. Others seemed to notice the same thing and everyone suddenly seemed to grow quiet as the moonlight shined down on the two figures above.

            “______!” Woohyun called out to you.

            You smiled at him, although it was a sad smile. “I’m sorry, Woohyun oppa,” you mouthed to him.

            L. Joe stepped up and said, “Everyone. Please stop fighting. Please. We’re all the same.”

            “Says you!” someone shouted from below. “I thought you were the heartless L. Joe from Teen Top!”

            “Everyone has a heart,” L. Joe said. “We all have that in common, from the East and the West. This rivalry is so stupid. It started because of a girl. And god only knows why riots and gunshots should be fired again because of another girl. Does anybody know how the East and the West grew to become enemies?”

            No one said anything. Somewhere in the distance, broadcast vans could be seen. You and L. Joe knew that this would be broadcasted and were content about that fact. The two of you held hands, fingers intertwining. All eyes were on you two.

            “______,” Doojoon shouted from below. “You’re making a huge mistake.”

            “Doojoon,” you said, tears threatening to come out, “I’m not. I love him. You have to believe me.”

            B.A.P suddenly came to the scene, their blonde heads making an appearance in the distance. Everyone watched as they made their way up to the roof, where you and L. Joe were standing.

            “Lee Byunghun,” Yongguk barked, “what the hell do you think you’re doing?”

            “Who the hell are they?” someone asked aloud. Yongguk grew pissed at the remark.

            “What are you doing here?” L. Joe sneered.

            Yongguk kept his eyes on L. Joe. Then he turned to you.

            “I’m sick of you,” Yongguk said through his clenched teeth. “I’m sick how even after all of my efforts to destroy you, that you’re still here standing so tall and mighty. Not to mention that the girl who was supposed to destroy you, seems to have made you even stronger. And that nobody knows who the hell I am but yet everyone knows you. I ing hate that.”

            “Deal with it,” L. Joe replied. “Now is not the time.”

            Yongguk slowly lifted up his head. His frustrated expression turned into a malicious smirk. He dug his hand into his back pocket and L. Joe already knew what was going on.

            Yongguk shot. But not at L. Joe.

            At you.

            L. Joe saw it coming. Just like how you had seen it coming just months before when you took the bullet for L. Joe yourself.

            But this time, it was the other way around.

            Yongguk had been aiming for your throat. But with L. Joe blocking you, the bullet went straight through his neck, his throat, everything.

            You watched with wide eyes as he staggered, as he lost strength, as he fell to the ground, gasping for air.

            “B-Byunghun-ah…” You were speechless as you shakily knelt to the ground next to his limp body. “…w-why….”

            L. Joe smiled. He was actually smiling. “B-Be…cause…” Using all of the strength he had left, he faintly whispered the last words as a tear fell from your cheek. “…because I love you.”

            “Byunghun, please don’t leave me.” You grabbed onto his fragile hand. “Please.”

            L. Joe said something to you with his eyes, a message that he knew that only you could decipher.

            Then his entire body grew limp, and he was gone.

            Filled with anger, filled with absolute hatred, you knew what to do. You grabbed the gun from Byunghun’s jacket and made a move to shoot Yongguk yourself, when another bullet rang the air.

            He’d already done it himself. Yongguk lay dead on the floor, with the gun to the head.

            You took a step back in utter shock, blood all over your fingers. You looked out over the roof, to find everyone still standing there, doing absolutely nothing.

            So you kept the gun in your hand, tears rolling down your cheeks. You laid down next to Byunghun’s body, and held his hand as you held the gun to your head.

            I’m sorry, mom and dad. I’m sorry, Doojoon.

            And I’m sorry, Woohyun.

            With one trigger, you were gone.

 

 

            The entire town, East and West both, were quiet for the next couple of weeks due to the three deaths. Although, many people hadn’t even known who Yongguk was, much less B.A.P. Everyone was mainly focused on the deaths of the two forbidden lovers, and amazingly, that seemed to bring people together. People were interested in how L. Joe had been blackmailed into courting you, how you ended loving him unconditionally, despite the bet and the fact that he was considered the enemy. The East and the West were soon brought together by a common interest: you and L. Joe.

            In a Romeo and Juliet style story, death seems to be inevitable. And this one is no different.

            But if you really love someone, someone that only comes once in a lifetime, perhaps it’s worth it to allow yourself to be with them, even if it means being together in another world.

 

He was a rose

She was a rose

The rose with thorns, the rose that looks so enchanting and inviting but yet so threatening and menacing

The rose that shines in the darkness but also emits such a gleam of beauty that it blinds the beholder so

And if I were to fall for such a rose,

And if I were to fall for such a rose,

it most certainly would be the death of me

So it was kept secret

A secret that was selfish but blissful

A secret that left our love in the dark

But it was worth it, to have met him

But it was worth it, to have loved her

 

 

The End~

 

A/N: Yeah so I haven't updated in 5ever. And I am terribly sorry for that. To be honest, I had no idea how to end this story LOL and death just seemed so inevitable so I decided to go with that. I am so terribly sorry ): I don't like bs-ing an ending but hopefully it turned out okay. Thank you guys all so much for reading! <3

Update 07/25/14: It has been brought to my attention that many of you are confused as to why Yongguk killed himself. I replied to one of my readers below with this answer and I shall share it now: Basically, Yongguk killed himself because he knew that once he killed L. Joe, then all will be over. He didn't want to suffer the consequences and his reason for living (to get revenge on L. Joe) was basically done.