Three Games, One Failure

The Playful and The Failure

No Need to Lifeguard

 

 

 

 

It was another day of hot wet summer when EXO decided to play in the pool.

 

Well, for our sophisticated Duizhang who enjoys the sun while lying flat on the recliner near the pool, it could never be more a rest than this.

 

Yixing, meanwhile, was having drinks from the outside bar. But when Minseok suddenly calls him from the Jacuzzi beside the pool, the former couldn’t help but frown as to he was really having a relaxing time at his seat with his margarita. He goes anyways.

 

“Check this out! It’s so relaxing!!” Minseok calls from his seat again but Yixing still walked slowly. Luhan, though, was just beside the pool and decided to play Yixing.

 

Jongin was busy throwing everyone off to the pool at the far end and only Luhan was near Yixing.

 

Yixing walked on and when he reached Luhan’s side, the latter immediately pulled that I am up to no good smile and pushed Yixing to the pool.

 

“Wha- Help!!” Yixing screamed as he landed on the pool and struggled to swim up as he swayed his hands frantically. “Help help help!!” He continued screaming until a hand wrapped itself around his waist and held him close. He realized it was Kris and hugged him for dear life, still shouting, “Kris! Kris! Help!” when Kris leaned on his ear and suddenly whispered on a low voice, “Yixing, the water didn’t even reach your chest’s height.”

 

“Oh,” Yixing blinked a few times as he realized Kris was right. He then learned his position as Luhan watched him with incredulous look. Yixing then finally got what is happening and immediately pulled down his arms from tightly hugging Kris. He looked down and blushed as he spoke, “Oh sorry, Kris.”

 

He saw how the clear pool water calmed and didn’t know where to look.

 

He looked around and now everyone was watching him as he and Kris were still in the pool.

 

Yixing blushed even deeper as everyone started laughing, even their Duizhang.

 

 

“Stop laughing!” Yixing said in an attempt of a shout but came out a whisper. Kris then just sighed and smirked towards Yixing as he wrapped his arm around the latter’s neck.

 

“Come here and just hide then,” Kris uttered as Yixing fell back and now Kris kissed him.

 

Kissed him as he continued falling back and due to the water they’re going to land on, Yixing closed his eyes and felt Kris’ smile. They went down and down until Kris deepened the kiss and both fell in the water, closed eyes as only feeling each other’s lips.

 

Both lovers’ faces disappeared in the pool as little of their bodies only showed.

 

“Ugh, really, guys. You should thank heavens we are on a private pool,” Luhan rolled his eyes as he walked off from the pool. Chanyeol and Jongin, who’d gone near due to Yixing’s helpless scream, had walked away also as they knew this isn’t the show they wanted.

 

Well, it was only matter of seconds before the two arose again, with a breathless Yixing gasping for air.

 

 

 

 

 

Unwanted Distraction

 

 

 

 

Kris was practicing basketball on the private gym court when Yixing decided to sit on the bleachers and wait for him to finish.

 

“Ge, lunch is ready, we should be going now,” Yixing calls out but Kris continued shooting balls, always getting three points shot.

 

“Kris ge!” Yixing calls again and stomped towards the glistening with sweat Kris.

 

Kris sensed him approaching and just smiled at the younger male. “I can still live if I skip one meal, Lay.” He mumbles as a sweat dropped down from his chin. Yixing shook his head and crossed his arms on his chest, “We should go now.”

 

“Oh come on,” Kris mumbles as he then thought of an idea. He raised his brows and Yixing also.

 

“Maybe you should stop being a patootie for now and join me play.” Kris suddenly told him and Yixing kept a straight face, answering, “I am not a patootie.”

 

“Show some fun, will you? Stop being a .JPG always.” Kris laughs softly as he throws the ball he was holding to Yixing. The latter caught it in time but frowned, “But I’m hungry.”

 

“I’ll treat you out and buy you ice cream even, if you’ll play with me,” Kris smiles still and Yixing threw him a shrewd look.

 

“And of course, I want a unique game. Let’s go one on one and if someone made a score, the other would remove one piece of clothing.” Kris smirked as he walked away and stood at the center of the court.

 

Yixing then saw how Kris only had a tank top and sweatpants as clothes while he himself had an advantage of wearing extra pieces. He eyed Kris with challenge as he spoke, “Too confident with those as your only clothes?”

 

Kris just smiled crookedly and shrugs, as if provoking Yixing.

 

Yixing sighed and stepped in the white also. “Fine.” He agrees as his eyes burned with competence.

 

They started with fire immediately as Kris let Yixing have the ball first.

 

Yixing passed through his boyfriend easily as he ran towards the basket. Kris was only smiling when he finally grabbed the ball from Yixing’s grasp. That pissed Yixing off. But Kris’ hold on the ball didn’t last long when Yixing swiftly snatched it back again and this time, he made it in the basket.

 

“Ha! See that!” Yixing proudly exclaims as he turned around. But only to freeze as Kris, Li Jiaheng, or ing Wu Yifan was already removing his only top. Yixing tried his best to pry his eyes off but damn did his eyes were glued on Kris’ top.

 

“Liking the view?” Kris asks with a grin as he throws his tank on the nearest bleacher.

 

Yixing gulped as he picks up the ball again, “J-just shut up and let’s play.”

 

Unluckily for Yixing, he was too distracted with Kris’ whether intentional or not goddamn give mercy to him or what body, making the latter score easily, having his jacket removed. But then Kris scores again.

 

“Well?” Kris raises a brow as he waits Yixing to strip. Yixing eyed him with narrow stare and removed his shirt also. Now both are distracted. So another game starts.

 

“What the-!” Yixing suddenly curses when he’s busy focusing on the game when Kris purposely brushed his lips on his shoulder. “Slip of the lip, babe,” Kris smiles as he managed to snatch the ball and ran to his basket, scoring yet again.

 

“That’s unfair!” Yixing whines as he pouted in front of Kris. As for the older one, he just shrugged as he dribbles the ball, barely tired while the other was panting. He was still eyeing Yixing 10meters away but kept waiting as the only sound was the ball dribbling between his hand and the floor. “Are you forgetting something?” Kris asks then as Yixing remained JPG again with his pout.

 

He could already see glowing red on Yixing’s cheeks and struggled to contain his laugh.

 

Then, Yixing collected all his confidence and was about to pull down his pants when Kris throws the ball immediately on the side while he walked rapidly towards Yixing, almost running. Yixing’s hands were already on the band when Kris reached him.

 

Kris held his hands to stop, leaning as he said, “As much as I want to enjoy you stripping, I’d rather be it in the room, not here publicly.” Yixing frowned at him because he thought this is what Kris was waiting.

 

But then Kris’ irritating smile showed up again, “I’d be more willing to shower with you now.” He finally said and held Yixing’s hand and dragged him to the shower room.

 

“So this is what you were plan-mmph!!” Yixing didn’t manage to finish his words as Kris took the breath out of him when they reached one shower cubicle, water pouring down.

 

 

Though after that Kris forgot about the ice cream promise already that sent Yixing purely mad at him.

 

 

 

 

 

The Tutoring Game

 

 

 

 

One night, in the dorm,

 

“You want me to tutor you?” Yixing exclaims as he stared at Kris incredulously.

 

“Yep,” Kris nods as he laid all the papers he printed from the computer on Yixing’s study table.

 

Yixing scanned through the contents and realized they were Chinese characters, very deep ones. He eyed them with a frown and then turned to Kris, “Why would you want to learn these?”

 

“Just curious,” Kris says out and then grabbed a chair to place beside Yixing’s. He looks at the other and added, “And practically bored with the usual fun stuffs.”

 

“Oh,” Yixing mouthed and then agreed while arranging the papers in an ascending type of difficulty.

 

“So where do you want to start?” Yixing grabs a pen and then turned to Kris, who was sitting with his hands holding the chair between his legs and was keeping a straight face.

 

“I was wondering if you could produce a consequence once I answer wrong?” Kris suddenly said and then Yixing finally exclaimed, “You and your games again!”

 

“It’s going to be fun!” Kris says out loud and Yixing sighs in helplessness as he looked through the papers, “You’ve studied beforehand, didn’t you?”

 

Kris just let out a sheepish smile and said, “Just a little. I’m not quite that familiar with them yet.”

 

“If you answered wrong you’re going to remove one piece of clothing then, if you’re right, then it’s going to be me,” Yixing tried challenging if it was true but Kris just frowned also, “But I’m not that good with it yet, won’t it be the other way around?”

 

Yixing smiled and shook his head, relieved, “No. I don’t want to be the one going again.”

 

Kris sighed and just nodded, still sulking.

 

Yixing then gave Kris time to review the Chinese characters before he retrieved them back.

 

He scribbled few lines on the blank pages and when he was ready, he smiled at Kris and said, “Here goes!”

 

He showed one character with lines too unknown to a person who lived in the states. But Kris just smirked and answered right.

 

“Wh-“ Yixing reacts as he widened his eyes in realization. “You lied! You’re so unfair! No more!” Yixing shouts and Kris protested, “It was just luck! Nah, don’t be a coward. You’ve already agreed to it.”

 

Yixing pursed his lips as he rummaged through the pages again. Kris cleared his throat and whistled randomly to remind Yixing something. Yixing then got it and turned to his shirt.

 

“Should I, really?” Yixing pouts and Kris just nodded. Yixing groaned as he removed the clothing.

 

Once removed, he could sense Kris already eyeing him like a prey.

 

Though there is small hope inside him that it was just really luck at first, Yixing had finally realized in the end that Kris managed to play him again. Because everything was answered perfectly by Kris and the man enjoyed a very teasing strip show inside that room. Which of course only lead to him being also and the rest of the tutoring happened in the bed.

 

 

 

 

 

Wu Yifan’s Hidden Failure

 

 

 

 

They’re back in usual routine around Asia and this time, Yixing really was pissed off with Kris.

 

“I’m sorry now, okay?” Kris continued apologizing to Yixing as the latter continued ignoring him.

 

Yixing didn’t bulge from his seat as he found the pigeons flying in the sky more appealing instead of an agonized Kris, apologizing for forgetting the paper bag which contained his favorite food in the van that sent them to their hotel.

 

Kris is now helpless as that Airport food is nowhere to be bought in the hotel.

 

Yixing just sat quietly on the bench outside the said building, whereas it was only them out there. His posture so still Kris knew very well that he will never bulge. Right then, Kris thought of an idea.

 

“Okay wait here, I’ll exchange it with something better. I’ll be back,” he reassured Yixing as he tapped the latter’s shoulder before disappearing in the building. Yixing didn’t look back and was uninterested. He still couldn’t forgive his boyfriend for leaving a food that could only be bought kilometers away from this place and to add that Kris forgot Yixing was also forgetful was more maddening.

 

Kris, though, had already bought two cones of ice cream and was holding it with his two hands. He peeks outside and saw Yixing still sitting straight on the bench. He smiled as he ran towards Yixing.

 

“Yixi-!” Before Kris could call his whole name, Kris tripped over a stone on the gravel already nearing Yixing, making the highly sophisticated-looking Duizhang land on his face.

 

Land on his face. On the ground. On the dirty rough ground.

 

The ice cream fell on dirt also.

 

And he has an image to protect. Oh , his ing image goddamnit.

 

Kris hurriedly stood up and looked around, swiftly, left, right, no, no one saw it. Even Yixing who obviously didn’t hear him and was still busy with sightseeing the pigeons didn’t see him fall and duck his face on the ground.

 

He rapidly held himself up and mighty and pretended nothing happened.

 

Before Yixing could sense what happened, he disappeared in the hotel once more.

 

 

 

“Here it is!” Kris offers a vanilla ice cream and Yixing’s eyes shimmered in delight. Of course, Kris remembers another soft spot of Yixing’s taste on food, probably because he always tastes his taste buds? Nah, that is totally unconnected.

 

“Ok maybe you’re a little bit forgiven,” Yixing dismissed as he grabbed his ice cream and ate it with savor. He relaxes on the bench as Kris sat beside him also, having his own ice cream.

 

“Oh wait,” Yixing finally noticed and stared at Kris, “What happened to your nose?”

 

“Luhan threw me a dirt ball.” Kris immediately answers and Yixing frowned, “Dirt… ball?”

 

“Just don’t mind me,” Kris smiled his stunning smile and though the scratch on his bridge and cheek ruined it quite, Yixing still saw him as perfect. A blind lover he is, totally in love.

 

Kris just sighed in relief when Yixing continued eating.

 

He stares back at the spot he fell and saw the wasted ice cream melting. Well, someone would clean that up.

 

He just hopes Yixing would be the slow person he is without realizing what embarrassing moment Kris just encountered that will forever remains a secret in him.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Totally random, I know. And pure crack. Just compiled few things like the one I watched a guy tripping in a Japanese drama, an experience of my cousin holding onto her crush when she wasn’t even drowning at all, and the tutoring from a manga, and then the basketball I made up with. So mixed up I don’t even know how I made those up. So yeah, I guess I’m Fanxing deprived nowadays that I want these delusional things to happen. I hope you enjoy this somehow, Ciao~