The Deadly Love Story

The Deadly Love Story

 

         Chunji waited in the forest for his love, Aphrodite. She promised to meet him at the rose of dawn. As promised, she appeared.

        She had a golden aura surrounding her, making her blonde hair brighter, her cheek bones more pronounced, her lips the color of fresh blood, her eyes a dark sea blue. They embraced, holding each other closely. “Finally, you are mine.” She whispered in longing.

       Chunji gazed at her face, caressing her cheek. “I am forever yours.” He sealed that promise with a kiss. They were not aware two people were watching. The first filled with jealousy and hatred for this wretched BOY who stole his goddess away from him.

       The other however, was filled with sorrow and anger. “How can he love that wretch! She doesn’t truly love him! She only loves him for his looks, not his heart…” Apolla sent a fiery glare into Aphrodite’s back, jealous how Chunji held her, how he looked at her. “Chunji.” Apolla whispered brokenly. 

      Ares, who could sense anger, appeared in front of Apolla. He was shocked to see her beautiful golden eyes now red from weeping, her milky white skin now rosy from the cold. “Apolla?” He called her. “What is this? What has put you through so much sorrow?” Her eyes turned into a bright, fiery gold. “Aphrodite.” She hissed.

     “She stole Chunji, my mortal lover away from me.” Ares grinned wickedly, his handsome face full of ugly glee. “Do you want them separated?” “Yes!” Apolla said without hesitation. “More than anything.”

     Apolla glanced at Chunji in the moonlight. His tousled blonde hair, his dark brown eyes, and slight milky white skin always amazed Apolla. It wasn’t just his looks that caught Apolla’s attention however; it was his pure heart, better than any golden drachma in the land.

     Ares held back a dark laugh, “Let’s work together. I want my Aphrodite back, you want Chunji.” Apolla pondered for a moment. “Deal.” They shook hands. “But,” Apolla said narrowing her eyes, “No one gets hurt.” Ares again held back a laugh. “Of course.” 

 

 

        Apolla and Ares formed a plan, saying Apolla would be hidden, where she could not see, only hear. She would hear Chunji leaving while Ares grabbed Aphrodite as they departed. She did not know Ares’ real plan. Ares laughed in an evil manner under his breath. “Fool.” He muttered with a smirk. He waited for the right moment to attack. “Chunji, you should stop hunting.” He heard Aphrodite beg. “Why? I love hunting.” “For me, PLEASE.”

     Ares had never heard Aphrodite beg this much. Did she really love him that much? “My love.. You know how free I feel when I hunt. If I stop hunting, what good will that do me?” “Many good things” Aphrodite said, touching his cheek. The sun was starting to rise. “I must go. Don’t hunt unless necessary.” She said. She kissed his cheek, not knowing it would be the last time.

    She vanished. Ares took this chance. He turned into a boar and charged at Chunji. Blood seeped into the dirt as Ares’ tusks bared into Chunji’s flesh, ripping the skin to the stomach to his throat.

    Chunji's screams were heard by Apolla who rushed to the scene. The plan she and Ares had discussed was all fake, she realized When she arrived, blood was all she saw. Ares was nowhere to be found. “ARES!” The Earth shook from her bellow.

     She kneeled by her love, her mortal lover. “I am sorry.” She whispered, fresh tears streaming down her face. She disappeared, wanting to find Ares, her comrade, her betrayer.

      Aphrodite forgot her shawl and arrived at the scene. She screamed in horror, knowing whose blood was shed. She decided to turn Chunji's pure blood into a flower, a wind flower. She stared at Chunji's still body.

     She clutched his body and let out a ugly sob. “Who did this to you?” She whispered, as if he could reply. She then noticed hoof prints. “Ares” She seethed, anger surging through her. Aphrodite gave her lover a proper burial, placing flowers around his grave.

    She stared at the grave, hair disheaved, red eyes, and tear stained cheeks. “I won’t forget you. Ever. Eons may pass, I will remember you. I love you.” Her face then hardened. “I will avenge you.” She left the grave, ready to hunt down her lover’s killer.