Still I Miss You.

60 More Seconds

"With your voice, hyung, you can make it far..." Woohyun praised me as I had just finished singing one of his favorite songs. He had always requested me to sing it. Sometimes, we'd sing it together. After singing and hearing the same song over and over again, I got tired of it, but...I couldn't say no. His smile was beautiful. He was happy every time I sang. I just couldn't say no. I smiled at him, and said, "Yah, Woohyun.. You can make it far with your voice too. It's powerful...yet...soothing at the same time."
He let out a soft laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. No matter how many times I said that, he always brushed it off. I was being serious. 

"Woohyun-ah...let's do it together." He looked up at me, and blinked.

"Do what?" He had asked. "Sing again?"

"No, pabo. Let's become singers together." I really wanted to do this with Woohyun. To have him by my side every second of my life. It made me happy just to see him. It would break my heart if we were suddenly taken away from each other... I didn't want to be away from Woohyun. Ever. 

I loved him.

His response was not what I had expected. He looked down at the black and white keys of the grand piano, his fingers moving from key to key, yet.. not making a single sound. I watched him for a while before throwing my arm over his shoulder. "It was just a suggestion, of course you can make it farther without me. I'll just be holding you back." I smiled, letting out an obviously faked laugh.

"Trust me, hyung. I would be the one holding you back..." He stood up, grabbing his bag. "I'm going first, neh? Be careful on your way back."

I watched as my heart's desire walked out the music room, the double doors closing. Leaving me alone. The one thing I didn't want to be. 

***

"Woohyun-ah~" I ran towards him, throwing my arm over his shoulder. "Maplestory today?" 

Today was Saturday. After cram, we'd always go home and meet on Maplestory. That's how it always was. We'd stay up countless hours fighting mushrooms and green blobs. It may have seemed to be pretty lame to most Koreans, who would be playing Starcraft, but Maplestory was our thing. Our own little thing. 

"Of course." Woohyun smiled, his arm going over my shoulder as well. 

"Yah... have you been eating...?" I took a step back, looking at Woohyun's body. His uniform had seemed a little too baggy on him. 

"What? Of course.. What makes you say that...?" Woohyun fixed his clothes. "These clothes... My mom just bought the wrong size. That's all."

I knew Woohyun was getting thinner and thinner. Yet, I was too stupid to ask why. I always took whatever excuse he threw at me, not wanting to upset him. 
I merely smiled at him and we continued to make our way to cram, joking around as always. Every second I spent with him were the happiest moments of my life. They were the memories I never wanted to forget. No matter what happened between us. 

***

60 more seconds.

I stared at the little time in the corner of my computer. After months of this routine, I knew exactly what time Woohyun went on every Saturday. Sure, it was a little creepy of me, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to talk to him so badly. Even if we had just seen each other twenty minutes ago or something. 
I counted down in my head. 10..9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1.

'NamStar' immediately lit up, the little green circle showing he was online was right next to his name. I smiled, quickly going to the usual server we always met at. 
I found his avatar, greeting him in the little chat box.

HamGyu : YAH~ Pabo~
NamStar : Annyeong, hyung. ^^
HamGyu : Don't call me hyung on here. No one needs to know I'm older than you.
NamStar : =_=;;
NamStar : I'm going to go fight now. Just a few more exp until I'm level 130.
HamGyu : Noob. Level 140. ^^
NamStar : =___=;;

I laughed to myself. He was so cute. We played for hours until it was time for him to go to bed. We said our goodbyes, and I waited until his username disappeared from my 'Online Friends' list. Logging off as well, I changed into more comfortable clothes, slipping into bed as well. 

This was our life. Every day, we'd spend time together. Woohyun was the light in my life. He made me happier than anyone ever could. 

But... deep down, I knew... not everything lasts forever. No matter how much I wished it would... It was all going to come to an end.

It wasn't until our last year in high school. Everything changed.

Woohyun had been absent from school for countless days. It wasn't like him to not tell me why. But, the day he came back, I had asked where he'd been for the past couple weeks. He told me his family had gone on a trip to Jeju Island. 
As usual, I took the excuse...

"Ah, really? Was it fun?" I smiled as we made our way to the music room. Again, one of our usual routines. 

"Y-Yeah.." Woohyun walked a few steps behind me. "H-Hyung.. I think.. I'm going to go home for now..."

I looked back at him, trying to hide the disappointment in my voice as I asked him why. He merely shrugged and said, "I just don't feel good..."

I hadn't realized it back then, but... that was the only excuse...that wasn't a lie.

***

That week had been difficult for me. Woohyun barely said a word to me, and he'd always go straight home after school. I knew something was wrong, but... I never had the courage to ask him what it was. He had been getting ticked off a lot that week, getting frustrated with everyone. It hurt to see him like that. It broke my heart. I just wanted to hold him in my arms. I just wanted to tell him that everything would be okay. That no matter what was going on in his life, I would always be there. Yet, when I tried opening my arms to him, he would grow farther and farther away. 

It hurt...

***

Woohyun hadn't shown up to cram that Saturday... but he'd probably still go on Maplestory. We always went on, even if one of us didn't show up to cram. 
I sat in front of my computer right after cram that day, staring at the time on my computer like I always did, tapping my fingers on the desk. Time seemed to be moving a lot slower.

60 more seconds.

I bit my lip in anticipation. I didn't know why I was feeling so nervous. With the way Woohyun had been acting that whole week, I couldn't help but feel worried. 

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1.

Nothing.

I went through my friends list, scrolling though it. He was there. The gray circle next to it. I didn't know what was going on. I checked the calendar to make sure it was Saturday. It was. 

"Maybe he went to the bathroom or something... or he's showering...or eating dinner..." I made up as many excuses as I could, sitting in front of my computer until his name would light up and everything would go back to the way it was. 

It was already 1am. Way passed Woohyun's bedtime. Yet... I didn't know why I was still sitting there. Waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
I logged off, deciding to try and get some sleep. I decided that I'd go to Woohyun's house tomorrow.. to see what was up. I closed my eyes, sleepy quickly taking me away.

***

I sat beside him. My hands clencing my pants as I stared at him. He looked so...different. He wasn't the Woohyun I knew. He was thin, his cheeks no longer having the cute, chubbyness they used to have. He was pale...almost as if I was staring at a ghost. He wore a white beanie on his head, covering his thinning hair. I watched as he slept. The monitor of his heart rate...was the only thing making any noise in the room.

When I said I was going to visit Woohyun. I met at his house. Not the hospital. I went over and saw Boohyun getting into his car. He had told me Woohyun was ill. That he had been getting treated at the hospital. 
"How long...has he been like this..?" I asked, my voice barely coming out as a whisper.

"...Since his second year in high school..." 

His second year in high school? I clenched my fists. Why was I so oblivious? The loss of weight...the paleness of his skin...the constant cough attacks he would get out of the blue. Why hadn't I realized any of that before? I mentally smacked myself for being so stupid. For letting the one I loved down. For never being there for him. I continued with my life as if it was the greatest thing ever because Woohyun was in it. Yet, all this time, Woohyun had been suffering. Suffering for three years...

I looked up as there was a faint groan. Woohyun was waking up. He looked at me, barely able to open his eyes. "Hyung...what're...what're you doing ...here...?"

His voice was weak. I suddenly remembered the day he told me he would be the one to hold me back if we both became singers. I understood why now.
I smiled at him, taking his hand in mine. "Boohyun told me..." 
Those were the only words I was able to say. Everything else seemed to have just got caught in m throat, making it hard for me to breathe. He brought his thin hands up to my cheek, wiping away, with much difficulty, a stray tear that I didn't even know had escaped. 

"Don't cry, hyung..." He coughed and hacked, blood splattering onto his hand. 

My heart was in pain. I tried hard to hold the tears back. "W-Why didn't you tell me...?" I asked, my voice almost as weak as his.

His coughing had subsided, and he took a deep breath before answering me. "I...wanted to see you...smile."  He gave me a weak smile, as well as giving my hand a light squeeze. "Y-You're smile was what...k-kept me going..."

I looked down, hiding my face as I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. I stopped crying after much effort. And I smiled. I smiled for Woohyun. 

***

I lost count of how many times I went to the hospital to visit him. Every day he had been getting worse and worse, yet... I always smiled for him. Every day, I sang his song for him. Every day, I found new things to talk about, whether it be about school or the new latest hit song. But, none of that was going to make him any better. 

On my way to the hospital one day, I decided to bring him some soup. I was always watching what he was eating and...well...soup was pretty much all he was eating. I didn't want to bring him this. I wanted to bring him his favorite dish. But...I would have just been eating it in front of him. 
Suddenly, an abundance of nurses and doctors ran past me. Shouting their doctor terms that I would never know. But I did pick up one thing.

Patient in room 405.

Without thinking, I ran towards that room. Was that always Woohyun's room? I never bothered looking at the room number, I just always went to him... not caring about anything else. 

The room was crowded. I could have just been mistaken. It could have not been Woohyun's room. I tried peeking over the nurses and doctors around the paitient in bed, the long, endless beeping of the monitor nearly driving me crazy. Some of the nurses had left, to get more equipment. Then I saw him. I dropped the clear soup I had been holding, the contents spilling out onto the white floor. His gown had been torn open as the doctor did everything he can to bring him back. To bring him back to the world of the living. But it was no use. He was gone.

"Time of death. 3:30pm..."

My Woohyun was gone.

***

"Kim Sunggyu, you're up next." 

I looked up as soon as my name was called, nodding to the staff who had just called me. I thanked my coordinator and got up, heading towards the stage. I could hear the fans cheering for whatever band was out there now. I bowed as they got off stage when their song was over. Then it was my turn. I closed my eyes, saying a quick prayer before walking out. The lights were on me. The chanting of my name filled the area.

"Kim Sunggyu! Kim Sunggyu! Kim Sunggyu!"

I smiled at the fans, looking back at the band behind me, signaling that everything was all good. Then I started singing. I started singing, having only one person on my mind.

"Woohyun-ah, you're listening, right? I made it really far. Even though... everything was difficult, I did it. Because, you're still here with me. Listening to my songs. I made it really far because of you."

The song had come to an end, the fans cheering my name once more.

"Thank you."

::::::::

For my friend who wanted me to write a WooGyu one shot. HERE YOU GO. 
Shisus. You couldn't even think of a plot for me. Now it's 2AM and I am having major WooGyu feels.
Thanks a lot. Hope you're happy with it. =3=b <3 
Also, sorry for all the mistakes/typos. It's 2AM. Cut me some slack. My nose was as runny as Niagra Falls. Because I was crying while writing this fic OF MY ALLERGIES.