.

Missing Birthday Boy

Yongguk glanced down at the child in his arms, a bright smile plastered on his face. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to his baby girl's forehead as he gently rocked her to calm her down.

 

Shh, it's okay princess. Daddy is here.” He cooed softly, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

 

Is she okay?” He heard Ahri ask from the doorway.

 

Yongguk turned around to face her, giving her a gentle smile and a nod. “She's fine, go back to bed jagi. You need your rest.”

 

A tired sigh escaped her lips as she nodded, running her hand through her hair. “Alright, come to bed after.” She said before turning on her heels and heading down the hallway to their bedroom.

 

Yongguk turned his attention back to his daughter who had fallen asleep in his arm. Carefully he set her back into her crib and leaved over the railing, pressing another kiss to her forehead.

 

Sweet dreams, princess.” He said quietly as he watched her for a moment, taking in her appearance.

- - -

Are you excited to start school?” Ahri asked Melody as she crouched down and fixed her pigtails.

 

Melody frowned, reaching up and grabbing on to her father's hand and tugging it. Yongguk turned his attention towards her and bent down to her level. “What's wrong, love?”

 

Daddy I don't want to go.” She whispered to her father as Ahri finished fixing her hair.

 

Why not?” He asked. “I bet you'll have lots of fun!”

 

The small girl shook her head, wrapping her arms around her father's neck. Yongguk sighed and wrapped his arms around her small frame, picking her up and holding her close to him.

 

He glanced over at Ahri and gave her a small frown. “Should we give it another day before starting school?”

 

Can we?” Melody mumbled out.

 

“Let's try again tomorrow.” Ahri rubbed Melody's back tenderly and nodded.

 

Yongguk pressed a kiss to the top of his daughter's head. "Let's take Melody home then. We'll come back when she's ready for school."