Perfect

Perfect

 

Hi! I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri

20 years old,I’m a college student, a graduating one… well a working student to be exact.

I used to live a normal life but now, I’m living a perfect one…by perfect, it means having her in my life.

It’s amazing how she can make our simple life so perfect. We’re living in a small apartment, we owned a simple car. In morning we study and in the evening we work. We help each other to sustain each other’s expenses, apartment, bills, food, more food, and more food for her. What about our studies? We’re scholars.

In Monday, Wednesday, Friday morning, we’ll share a breakfast cooked by yours truly. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday a breakfast cooked by Her. When Sunday comes, a breakfast cooked by the both of us, my favorite breakfast. If you’re wondering…why not cook breakfast together everyday? Well it is because Sunday is our only free time. We don’t have to worry being late in school because cooking together means a lot of mess, a lot of tickling’s, lot of laughter’s, hugs and kisses, burnt eggs and bacons ,spilled milks and water and lot of cleaning. Same goes with dinner. It’s perfect.

 

If tired, we’ll give each other a massage.

She kisses my nose, I’ll kiss her forehead

She pinches my nose, I’ll flick her forehead

She caress my nose with her finger, I’ll draw circles on her forehead.

Sleep together, wake up together.

It’s perfect.

 

That’s how perfect my life is...until this stupid accident comes.

It ruined everything…

My perfect life is now just a memory…

A memory that I cherish the most…

A memory that she can’t remember…

A Me that she doesn’t recognize…

A relationship that she don’t know…

 

-

“yoo--yoong” finally…the moment that I’ve been waiting for…I hurriedly pushed the call button.

“who are you?” she asked me…a question that almost crashed my world…a question that I’m very afraid of…a question that I wish she'll never asked.

“……” I couldn’t utter a single word, I just smiled at her and walk away… I don’t wanna cry in front her, she hates it…or let me say now,she used to hate it. I wanted to hug her, I’m really happy that she've woken up already, I wanted to kiss her, tell her how much I missed her,how much I love her…

But how?

She doesn’t even recognize me…

I’m outside her room, letting my tears fall…not knowing what do…having no courage to face her…i’m afraid, I’m afraid to hear that question again…I’m afraid to lose her…

“Yuri?” i looked up, it’s Jessica, her best friend along with our close friends and they are our family. I just looked at her and then buried my face to my hands once again.

“what happened? How’s Yoona?” Taeyeon, my bestfriend asked me as she sat beside me.

“She’s fine…she just woke up…” I said weakly

“then what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?” they asked

“I am…just go see her” I told them. What’s wrong? Am I happy? I don’t know… All I know is my girlfriend can't recognize me.

I’m in front of her room, hesitating to go inside or not and heard things that I wished I didn’t.

“Yoona!!!” Jessica squealed

“Sica-unnie! Oh and Seohyun and Fany-unnie…” She remembered them…

“uhh…who are they?” I heard her asked…well at least I’m not alone… by now I guess they already know why am I like this.

“uh, Yoong, This Taeyeon, my girlfriend…” I heard Jessica said

“and this cute one is Sunny, she’s mine” Tiff said

“Unnie, that’s Hyoyeon…well we’re getting there…and that’s Sooyoung,your shikshin buddy” Seohyun said

“wait..wait…one day I had an accident and now I woke up and you guys are now gay…I’m not against it…it’s just…ugh how long I’ve been here?” Yoona asked…

My knees are getting weaker and weaker...

“Yoo—na…You’re the one who introduced them to us…they are your girlfriend’s buddies…your family…our family remember?” I heard Sica trying to explain…

“girl-girlfriend?? I have a girlfriend??”

“Yoona…are you okay??” once i heard that I immediately go inside the room…I was worried…All eyes were on me, including her…The look that i’m afraid of…She looked at me blankly...her eyes were asking who I am…

“Yuri…” they all looked at me with sympathy…

“Are you my…girlfriend?” She asked me… How am I supposed to answer that? Yes, I’m your girlfriend, your girlfriend that you can’t even remember. I just stayed silent and begging for my tears not to fall…

“I’m sorry…I can’t remember…” She apologize

“No…It’s okay…just take a rest for now…don’t stress yourself out of this…” I said and take my leave.

It’s okay…it’s okay…it’s okay…I keep on saying that…

But what is okay? One thing is, that she’s awake now…she’s okay…

But what about me? When will I wake up in this nightmare? Please wake me up, I don’t wanna live in this nightmare…I don’t know if I can live in this nightmare…

-

“uh..Yuri…” She called me…I don’t want to look...i’m not Yuri…You never called me Yuri…but who am I kidding? Everything has change, I guess I have to be used to it.

“yea? You need anything?” I asked her smiling…

I don’t care if I have to start all over again...I have to wake up in this nightmare…I need her to remember me…if not, I’ll make her fall for me again…

“I’m sorry that I can’t remember anything…” She said hanging her head low… I lifted her head, same level as mine…

“Please let me help you to remember…” I told her in almost a pleading tone… She smiled at me and nods

 

-

Yoona’s POV

 

Everything happened too fast that I couldn’t comprehend anything…

The last time I checked…I am straight…I even have a boyfriend…GeunSuk Oppa. I know that everything has changed but that’s all I can remember.

-

“Damn it! I’m trying to help you here and all you do is to push everything away!”

“Let me ask you…Do you even want to remember? Do you even want to remember me?”

“Maybe you just want to live this way…Living a life without me…just please tell me...cause you’re not the only one who’s hurting.”

She walked away with her words striking me so deeply. My tears were just falling…I can’t stop it… I feel so empty when she left, this feeling…it’s much worse than the fact that I couldn’t remember.

-

She didn’t stay for the night…but she asked Sica,tiffany and Seohyun to stay with me.


I cried all night…I suddenly want her warmth…The way she hug me, it always make me calm…

-

The next morning, I asked my friends that I wanted to meet GeunSuk Oppa, I just need to confirm something.

I saw him…It is all him that I can remember, no Yuri, just him.

But why am I feeling like this?

I can’t feel anything towards him.

He hugged me, I felt nothing

He looked me into my eyes, It’s not as warm as hers

He smiled at me, It’s not captivating as hers

He talked to me, his voice is not as soothing as hers

I’m with him yet all I can think of is Yuri

With this it made me realize that…

He’s just a memory.

It’s Him that I can remember, but it’s not him that I wanted to think of…

My mind recognizes him but my heart doesn’t.

-

I feel bad that I couldn’t remember her… I’m ashamed of myself that I can remember others while I can’t remember her, my girlfriend. At first I couldn’t believe myself that I would have a girlfriend but whenever I look at her all my doubts will just vanished.

Her eyes, it’s so warm,

Her nose, I would pinch it all day

Her lips, I’d like to locked it with mine every minute

I don’t doubt myself that she is my girlfriend…but the thing is…I can’t remember

-

I apologized to her and so did she…Once again we’re taking everything slowly from scratch.

Right now we’re on the amusement park…

We’re in this booth that contains loads of stuff toys, there’s even Rilakkuma, my favorite

“This is the exact place where we first met” She said

“You really wanted to get that Rilakkuma so bad that you even begged to ajussi right here” She said smiling...I tried to remember…but there’s nothing.

“hey…don’t push yourself remembering cause right now we’ll have tour in our past” ‘she said holding my hand. I smiled. She smiled. She kissed my forehead. I kissed her nose and her smile grew wider. I love her smile…it makes my heart beats faster.

“Young lady…Do you know how many times did this girl tried just to get that Rilakkuma for you? Well  I can’t remember either but she’s so stubborn that she won’t let me close my booth just to get it. Luckily when I give her the last one shot, she hit the jackpot, It’s funny how she jumped and squealed all over the place not knowing that she’s the only person left in the place.” Said the ajussi…I couldn’t help but to chuckle…I don’t why but I feel so happy right now.

“dork…” I told her…she flicked my forehead and I pinched her nose in return…Once again, her smile grew wider…

“How did you manage to give it to me?” I asked her and the Ajussi answered me

“I told her that you’ll be back and will try to get it once again, She asked me to give to you once you arrived and after hours of waiting you came. You asked who gave it and I pointed to the sleeping girl, she must be really tired since she waited for you all day.”

“I saw you smile once you saw her…You poked her nose causing her to wake up. Shocked were plastered all over her face and you chuckled. I heard you thanked her and you asked her how can you pay back and she told you…”

“A simple smile may do” Yuri continued… I smiled at her, tears were about to fall…I hugged her

“Thank You” I said as I hug her

“For what?” She asked me

“For making me smile” I said and hug her tighter

 

I wish I can remember everything… But I won’t mind if don’t because I have all the time to make new memories…with her.

 

“I might not remember everything about us…but you made me want to build new memories with you…You made fall for you back then…and you didn’t fail doing it again…

…with the old me or new me…there’s one thing in common…it is that  I love you…”

She held my face tenderly…

“You have no idea how happy I am right now…” She said

“You have no idea either” I said and we both chuckled

“Can I kiss you?” She asked me

“Do you really have to ask me that?” I asked her

“I love you” she said and kissed me.

 

-

 

I didn’t wake up from my nightmare…yet it became a dream…and I’m living it now…with her.

Once again, My life is perfect. -Yuri