The bakery and the boy/Youngman

The bakery boy

Another afternoon and ANOTHER day without inspiration for young aspiring painter Key.

He had been up all night trying to put his ideas on canvas but each time he tried he ended up ripping up the canvas with a cutter and throwing it out until he eventually ran out of his entire supply of canvasses.
So he was forced to go outside,face the world to order more to be delivered to his house, he figured while he would wait for it to be delivered that he should drop by the local bakery, figuring that his brain needed some well deserved glucose.

He came walking out of the store making his way to the bakery, as he walked he thought of what he should have.

" Maybe a donut...Macaroon...strawberry shortcake?" He murmered to himself as he walked inside" Maybe  mocca....or something fruity?" He looked at the displays and stopped at a somewhat weird looking cake" hmm?"

" Ah that's mango swirl cake" A voice behind the cake display said,Key looked up to face a tall man standing behind the display" Ah I see..."Slightly taken aback by how tall the man was, Key took a few steps back" W-what would you reccomend for someone tired and in need of some quick glucose?" He said scratching the back of his head.

The man thought"Well too much sugar isn't good for you so I'd reccomend the Fruit Tart or the Mango swirl cake, most of the sweetness in the cake comes from the fruits itsself"

" Ah then  I will have those two" Key looked at his name badge, Choi  Minho." Mr Choi" He smiled at him

Minho smiled and put the cakes in a box for him,something about the man intrigued Key but he couldn't put his finger on it, his gaze wandered all over the man trying to find out what intrigued him to find him looking straight back at him" Y-yes?"

" Your cake sir" He put the box on the counter and handled the payment transaction before putting it in a bag and handing it to him"Thank you for your patronage" He smiled at Key.

Then it struck him, the man's entire being, Key's eyes widened.

" I've found it.." He murmered

" Hmm? what was that sir."

" My Muse!" He took his hand" Let me paint you!"

Minho's eyes slightly widened" W-what Paint? Me? why?" He said somewhat puzzled.

" I've been trying to put my ideas on paper for the last two days but each time something was missing and now I found what!" He pointed" You! So please..let me paint you." 

Key looked at him slightly begging with his eyes, eventually winning the man over" Alright...just after work ok?"

Key smiled"Great!" He wrote his adress down on a piece of paper and handed it to him" Come to that adress! I'll see you then!" He paid for his cakes and left, leaving Minho still somewhat uncomfortable.

The rest of the day Key eagerly awaited the man's arrival at his studio but as it became later and later he started to wonder if he would actually show up.

That is until the bell rang.

Thinking it was the neighbour complaining about something again he somewhat pulled himself off his chair by the window and walked to the door only to be surprised by the sight of the young baker standing there somewhat out of breathe.

" You came....' Key said somewhat puzzled.

" Y-yeah..I'm sorry" He bowed" My boss was having a party and  I couldn't leave until just now"

" Did you run all the way?" Key let him step inside closing the door behind him" You could've called if you were going to be late to reschedule you know, my phone number's on the paper"

" I know..but I got curious to see..how you paint" This surprised Key, since he wasn't a known painter, to have someone even slightly interested made him feel good" Alright well sit then...I'll get to work.

As Key painted him, he exchanged glances with Minho from time to time to see if he was still comfortable with the entire idea as his brush ran over the canvas,adding color and form to it.

Minho was trying his best not to move as he watched Key paint him, compared to the man he saw at the bakery he was now very composed and calm...even somewhat cool.

He couldn't help but feel his heart slightly skip a beat.

A few hours passed and Key finally finished, He dropped his brush and rubbed his wrist looking up to see that his model had already fallen into a deep sleep.

Slightly smiling he put a blanket around him" You'll get cold like that...." He sat down by the window just staring at Minho's sleeping form.

The painting stood there, drying, on the canvas was painted, Minho sitting on a chair by the sea, a cake on the table and the rain outside.

Key smiled a bit" Falling asleep here is dangerous...you know...I might just keep you" he said as he adjusted the blanket only to have his arm grabbed by Minho.

"Then keep me" He said with a somewhat sleepy smile.

and this..was the start..of a beautiful romance between the baker boy and the Painter..all because he wanted to paint him.

 

A/N: Well hope you liked it