Medium

Medium

 

 

Jongwoon was a renowned photographer. His works were always featured in various magazines and he was one of the greatest people to have captured beautiful photographs.  It was hard for photographers to gain recognition but he did. His most famous photo was of a boy reaching up to the skies on a cloudy day with an umbrella in one hand. Behind the boy were several people looking up the sky as well as if expecting something.

 

The photo was beautiful and spontaneous. When he was asked why he chose the said photo to use as the contest entry to which he won, he answered with, “It was out of whim”. And it was true. Everything he did was instinctual—much like the great pirate Capt. Jack Sparrow of Pirates of the Caribbean.

 

Ironically, the kid from the photo’s dream was to see his father. Because of the photo, he was reunited with his family and he couldn’t thank Jongwoon enough. His latest photo was that of a kid running towards his father with a smile on his face.

 

In his recent photos, whoever has become his muse was predicted that he/she will become famous. That being said, he never used anyone as his muse just because he was paid a large sum of money or because he was begged.

 

He has been missing under the spotlight for a while now and people started wondering when he will show up again with another masterpiece.

 

Kyuhyun was a rookie artist with a passion for painting. His dream was to show the people his work and gain recognition from them. He wanted to show the world the wonders of painting and he wanted to teach other people art. To do that, he needed to earn money first and become famous.

 

He was painting a picture of kids happily playing on the playground when he spotted someone on his left from his peripheral view. He disregarded it and continued painting the sight of children.

 

For the next few days, he kept coming back to the same spot painting several pictures of the view. Sometimes even without the children or even at night. Even on those days, he saw someone standing somewhere on the distance, sometimes walking, sometimes just standing there and sometimes, not there at all. During the times he didn’t see the person, he knew he was somewhere behind him, watching but never doing anything. It scared him a little but not too much.

 

So he started painting him without actually looking at him. It was hard but he managed. He managed to make one to which he named “The Unknown Angel”.

 

A few days later, he was walking home from grocery shopping when he spotted a gallery opening and a line of people waiting to be entertained. He tried looking but he kept failing due to the number of people inside. He was about to walk away when someone pulled him by the arm towards the gallery. He tried protesting but the man was too strong and he looked scary. He wouldn’t be able to fight the man with the scrawny figure he has.

 

He was pulled towards the middle where everyone was looking at him. He felt self-conscious and very out of place because of what he’s wearing. Everyone was wearing elegant dresses and suits while he was wearing a striped sweat shirt and jogging pants. His hair was messy and he was holding a grocery bag on his hand. Talk about embarrassing. Even everyone was whispering which made him want to be eaten by the ground.

 

His attention was grabbed by the photos displayed in the gallery. It was of a guy wearing a striped sweatshirt in front of a canvas looking as if he was glowing. It was entitled as “The Passionate One”.

 

Looking around he spotted several pictures of him in different clothing but always on the same spot. There were shots of different angles and different time of the day. It was magnificent—he looked magnificent. Even at a distance, his passion for painting was evident.

 

The pictures made him tear up so he asked everyone who the artist was. At that, Jongwoon stepped forward with a smile on his face and congratulated him then walked away.  But Kyuhyun wanted none of that. He wanted to know the reason why “The Kim Jongwoon” made him his muse.

 

“Why me?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Jongwoon looked him in the eye as if criticizing him. He was judging Kyuhyun and the latter didn’t like it but he kept mum about it. He wanted—no, he needed to know why the prestigious photographer chose him out of millions of people out there.

 

“Because I like you?” Jongwoon answered making Kyuhyun’s jaw drop.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“I like you. Yeah, I think I do,” Jongwoon confirmed.

 

“You’re kidding right?” Kyuhyun asked, completely baffled by the other’s bluntness. To prove his point, Jongwoon pulled him and connected their lips together.

 

“I wish I was but sadly, I wasn’t. Anyways, I saw you painting and took a picture of you out of whim. And then I just kind of got addicted to looking at you. I even followed you home,” the photographer admitted.

 

“Oh, wow. You are serious! And a stalker,” he added in a whisper.

 

“100%. I like you a lot. Oh and if you don’t mind, I would love to be the curator of your works. I saw some of them and I must say, they look like a work of a professional,” Jongwoon praised while nodding his head.

 

The painter couldn’t believe his ears. Someone was willing to fund him. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and he wouldn’t miss it for the world.  Thus, he agreed whole-heartedly. The photographer smiled at him and he felt his heart skip a beat.

 

“Want to go out with me? Wait, that came out wrong. I mean, would you like to grab a bite to eat with me?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I would definitely love to go out with you my muse,” Jongwoon answered before pecking him on the cheek. “Let’s go!”

 

A week later, after Jongwoon’s photos were sold out, Kyuhyun’s painting graced the gallery. It was paintings of the same place but of different time frame. One has children playing around, while one was a winter afternoon. There were 20 paintings all in all but the main attraction would be a blurred image of a man from a distance.

 

“Is this me?” Jongwoon asked when he saw the painting. He looked at the title and was surprised that it was named The Unknown Angel.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe?” Kyuhyun answered incredulously.

 

“I’ll just think this is me then because I’m your angel,” Jongwoon cooed before pecking the artist on the cheek.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head with a smile. “You never fail to remind me why we’re together,” he mumbled as he took the photographer’s hand and entwined it. 

 

 

Belated Happy Birthday denden143 . See you real soon!

I apologize if this is short. As I said before, my drive comes and goes. :) If you have any questions go to this page and I will gladly answer them all.  

Thank you angelye for beta'ing this. Actually, she's my beta with Masquerade as well. Not just my beta but my motivator and my good friend. You are awesome! I love you! mwah!