H a n s o l L o v e r

Pieces of You Review Shop *Batch #1 Closed*

 

My Fear  is  Betrayal ; HansolLover
Story

For it to be a drabble, your story was very much worth reading, and it puzzles me that it does not have more views. At first, the point that you were trying to get across was very hard to fathom, but in a good way. Throughout the story, I was able to really connect to your profound words. I connected to it here and there. It was a wonderful read, and I hope that you write more just like this one. Let’s start with your review now.

Description:  “I used to be someone who people's souls with my fakeness because of a stupid reason. I used to win this game, but there was a time I lost. I lost to betrayal, my worst fear.”

Your description was very short but very graceful. Usually, the most common way to write a description is for it to be a few sentences long. Well, at least that is how most writers on this site choose to make their description length. I, however, do not agree with them. Your description was only three sentences long, and it was still very descriptive. After I had read your story, I was able to relate back to your description. While reading though, I was a bit confused on the point that you were trying to get across to your readers. But after you have read this story, you will easily be able to distinguish your meaning.

Foreword: "You were expecting me to say and we lived happily ever after. Well I'm glad to tell you that something unexpected happened that made me turn back to the old and "real" me. She changed."

The first sentence caused a bit of confusion. I read it as, “You expected me to stay, and we lived happily ever after.”—I was clearly wrong. Try to revise this by adding a few punctuation marks. For example, “You were expecting me to say ‘and we lived happily ever after’.” See what I mean? Otherwise, great start for your story.

Title: “My Fear is Betrayal” fit your story well. There is only one thing that I’d like to point out in your “tags”. Never tag your story with badwriting. This is very unprofessional, and a writer should have confidence in his/her writing. At the bottom of your story, you wrote an author’s note of “this is x_x”. As you can see, I do not agree with you here. Your writing is not bad at all. In fact, it is quite intelligent and enjoyable. Please make some revisions in the future. Have confidence in your writing.

Plot: Your story is a drabble which means it lacks a plot, or has little to no plot whatsoever. This is perfectly fine for the fact that it is not a full story. If it had been a full story and it had no plot, well, this section would be a lot longer than it is now. Don’t you agree? For the small plot that you did have, though, it was very clear.

Creativity:  I suppose that we both can agree that the creativity of this story was great. Because it revolved around your real life feelings, it carried a more meaningful message than most stories on this site tend to. There should be more stories like this, I think. There was nothing cliché about this story.

Originality:  Because this story was based on real life feelings [as stated above], it was completely original.

Flow: Everything eventually flowed together. In the beginning, everything was hard to grasp on to. I was not sure what point you were trying to cover. It just felt like I’d been reading something classical. Classical books tend to get confusing at times, and that’s exactly what your story did at first. But, towards the middle of your story, I have to admit that it was a fresh breath of air. Everything was clearer, and your points flowed out more naturally. It created a very pristine flow. Your ideas and thoughts were carried on through countless words until the end of the story. At the end, I was happy that I’d been able to read this. It was absolutely worth my time.

Characterization: There were no distinct characters in this story, but if I might say, your main character (you) was well developed.

Style: Your style of writing is very clean. There was something special about your style of writing that caught my attention in a positive way. I think because your ideas flowed, and your writing was very natural. I love the way you write. It was very amazing. Please keep up the good work here, but also remember that some things in your writing may be a bit confusing. Try reading it from a different perspective. Maybe like a reader, I suppose.