Nobody, not even the rain

Future Wars

It was a wonderful sunny day, but in Chunji’s heart it didn’t feel like that. His beautiful brown eyes were extremely red, he was crying all the entire night and he even didn’t sleep thinking about what happened in the afternoon, the things he said and now he was regretting everything.

Then, he starts thinking about what happened…

When he realized what he had done, it was too late. It broke his heart to see her shocked face. She was speechless, trying to figure out his words. He was mad, really mad, not thinking about the consequences when he blurted all those bad words. With every phrase, he was seeing how her eyes became teary and without even noticing it); she caught him off guard, grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. He was shocked for her strength and felt like loosing his air.

Without a word they looked at each other until she sighed and her eyes meet his, in a way he never though she would glance him. The next thing he knows is that she said those few words with a cold tone that made him lose his breath.

“Don’t you dare say my name again. Don’t talk about me. If I find out, you will regret it for your entire life.”

He was against the wall and watched how she left. That’s when he felt the looseness invading his soul. All was wrong.

Panic.

He shocked his head trying to stop thinking about it, but it was impossible. What should he do now? There wasn’t any sign of her. He knew it was his fault. Before that, he made her angry and cry, but now everything was different. The feeling inside his heart, the way she looked at him... He realized how hurt she was because of him.

What would happen if she never forgives him? That question invaded his mind. He froze. Never thinking about that before, just because he has always thought that he will have her forgiveness.

Chunji sits on his bed with his hands rubbing his temple. Having any idea of what to do, the first thing that pops up on his mind is calling the person who he trusts the most.

Immediately, dialed his number and waited for a respond and...

- What do you want? - His tone is full of coldness.

- Wait. What's wrong with you? Something happened?

- Ha! Don't make me laugh. Are you serious? Asking what's wrong with me...- He said with an ironical voice.

- What do you mean? I don't understand you. - He lied, obviously knowing why his friend was mad.

- I can't believe what you did. What was on your mind to say all that bull? You're not a kid anymore. I think you have the age enough to know what's wrong and you have to agree with me about this.

There was no response on the other line. Chunji felt like what L.Joe had called him, like a kid. No words came out of his mouth, but that would not stop his friend.

- I'd like to figure out what she sees in you. There's no need to be really smart to realize she feels something for you... The worst part about this is that she's being trough a lot because of you, and what have you given to her? Let me think... Nothing.

- Do... Don't say that! You know that's not true! - The anger invades him. - You know I've been always for her, trying to maker her happy and.- before he could finish, L.Joe was ready to attack him again.

- Try to make her happy and what else? Stop it right now. I don't want to listen to you anymore. If you really think you were his friend that means you forgot something about that word, maybe start thinking about what you did yesterday and why you did it. Besides, I'm sick of this conversation and you.

With that last sentence, he hangs up.

Chunji was loose of words. He throws the phone on the bed and then began to cry. Always making mad everyone around him. He felt miserable, not knowing what else he could do.

Everything was a mess. She maybe would pick up the phone, but the fear was invading him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I know that even with the seams stitched tightly, darling, scars will remain."

Nobody, Not Even The Rain - La Dispute