Epilogue;

Hanging on Words [Editing]

{ Epilogue ;;

 

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

 

You sighed for the nth time that night, gripping on your phone tightly. "Oppa, I told you that you don't have to do anything! Just enjoy your stay there. Then I'm good." You explained, again. You heard him groan and mutter something inaudible. Both of you are frustrated in the situation you were in.

 

"Come on oppa. You're going to Vegas! Why are you worrying over me?" You plopped yourself down on the bed, rolling on your side before making yourself comfortable. 

 

"Of course I'd worry about you, you're my girl." You blushed at his statement and at the tone of his voice. "And I don't want you to be sad on our 3rd anniversary night. That's not fair." Knowing that Myungsoo's stubborness wouldn't let you be alone, you made a deal with him.

 

"Okay, then let's make a deal. How would you want to accompany me on our anniversary? You still have 2 days to think before you leave, 3 days before we can actually celebrate it and 5 days to see each other again. Then promise me you'll enjoy your trip."

 

"Deal."

 


 

It's been 3 days since you last talked to Myungsoo on the phone and 7 hours since you last saw him before he left the country. You rolled on the bed, hugging your knees up high. The position was awkward but you didn't care. Not when your 3rd anniversary is tonight at midnight and tomorrow. You felt your heart being squeezed in pain. Of course it hurts. Not being with your lover on special occassions, but you knew you had to understand it. Even if you wanted to be selfish and just hide Myungsoo for tonight and tomorrow. 

 

You sighed, for the nth time that day before standing up and heading towards your veranda. You looked up at the clear sky, watching the stars blink and the moon shining down on the city that you've lived in since you were young. You placed your hands on the rail, tightening it before closing your eyes. It's been 3 months since the drama stopped. Drama pertaining to Myungsoo's anger and his fangirls bothering you. You remembered how you apologized to Jihoon's friends for crashing in their home, however they didn't want your apology because, and I quote, "You're Pyo's friend. That means you are our friend to! So don't be shy!" as said by Yukwon. 

 

You smiled at their kindness. Christmas was fun. You celebrated it with your classmates at day and spent the whole night with Myungsoo and his family. To say that you were nervous and scared was an understatement. You wanted to impress them, though life has other plans for you. You somehow became clumsy and careless. Myungsoo laughed at your nervous behavior before saying "They like you." To be honest, you didn't expect them to be so caring and kind. You were expecting a cold or a strict family waiting for their Myungsoo on the door. However, they were nothing close to cold or strict.

 

They were the exact opposite of it. His mother went on and on about his childhood stories and ranted at how cold and stubborn Myungsoo was before. His father was silent the whole time, with a small smile. Myungsoo must've gotten his silent attitude from his father. You assumed. And, lastly, you met his brother. His brother was his total opposite. Kyungsoo, a seventeen year old boy, was shy and timid. However, his smiling face was the cutest thing you'd ever seen. Just like a puppy. Oh wait, like-- uhm. Pororo. You squealed when you met him.

 

You could remember Myungsoo pouted while his mother and father laughed at your reaction on his little brother. You apologized, but they were having none of that. They accepted you warmly and your heart swelled at that thought. A sigh left your lips, but your train of thought was disturbed by a cough beside you. Whipping your head to the side, you saw Jaehyun smiling at you. "Ah oppa! Good evening." You greeted him. 

 

"What's good in the evening if you kept on sighing?" He smiled at you teasingly. You pouted before looking back at the city, resting your chin on your left palm. "Well, what do you want me to do oppa? Do you want to see me cry?" You teased back, glancing at him as you saw his frown. "Of course I wouldn't. It's just that, I woke up with all your loud sighs, is all." You rolled your eyes at him before sitting on the chair placed on the veranda. "So..." He started.

 

You looked at him, waiting to continue his question with curiousity. "How's your little lover?" You laughed at his choice of words. "Oppa, he's not little. In fact, he is taller than you." Which is definitely true. Jaehyun's height is not really far from yours. Which is, very small for a guy. Jaehyun huffed and puffed his cheeks, just like how a child would act. "Well I'm cuter than him." He ranted.

 

An hour and a half passed by, just talking to him about how he met your lover and how he knew about your situation. Again, you apologized for troubling him but he just waved his hands saying "Non sense. Your my little sister."  You smiled at his kindness. Somehow you forgot the time and your phone rang. Myungsoo. You apologized to Jaehyun and he just smiled at you knowingly before leaving. 

 

"I miss you."

 

You laughed at his greeting. "Hello to you too oppa."

 

He grunted, "So I don't even get an I miss you too from you now?"

 

"Fine fine, I miss you too."

 

"Not sincere at all." You laughed as you imagine him frown at your statement.

 

"Sorry oppa. How's the trip going?" He told you about everything he did. Which is amusing to you but frustrating to him. "I miss you! Can I go back to Seoul now?" He whined, like a child having his tantrums. "Aigoo oppa!" You giggled at his cuteness before hearing a 'It's time Myungsoo' at the background. You said your goodbyes but not until you heard a "I hope you like my surprise." And he hung up.

 

You sent him a text. "So there's a surprise?"

 

He replied back. "Yup. TTYL."

 

"Tsss." He's still the man of few words even in text messages. You pouted before going inside your living room. Jaehyun was nowhere to be found and the wind outside was getting a lot colder. You shivered before grabbing a towel. You did your nightly routines then went to bed. You didn't sleep though. You just stared at the ceiling. Waiting for a miracle or something for Myungsoo to be infront of you. You bit your lip before closing your eyes. 

 

Time to sleep.

 

You opened your eyes at the sound of the door bell ringing. Huh? You checked the time and it showed 1:14 am. Wha? Did you fall asleep? You sleepily made your way at the front door, wondering when you fell asleep. Weird. You opened the door and there was no one there. Pranks. You groaned. You closed the door and made yourself comfortable on your sofa. 

 

I wonder how oppa is doing. You thought. You looked for you phone before realizing it's under your pillow. You took it before going back to the sofa.

 

Whimper.

 

You blinked. 

 

Another whimper.

 

You stared at the cute puppy infront of you. It's white fluffy fur making it shine in the dark. You could see its big eyes shining as it stared at you. 

 

OH.

 

MY.

 

GOSH.

 

You squealed at the cute ball of fluff infront of you and hug it immediately. Wait.

 

WHERE DID IT COME FROM?

 

You placed it gently down. "Where did you come from?"

 

Bark.

 

"How did you come in?"

 

Bark. Bark.

 

"Wha--"

 

Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are. Your phone rang and vibrated, Myungsoo's voice when he sang that nursery rhyme echoed in the dark room. The picture showed Myungsoo's face being squished -- courtesy of your amazing photography skills -- and it looks so cute. You almost didn't want to answer the phone. 

 

"What took you so long?" He whined at the other side of the line.

 

"Well excuse me Mr. Kim. You do know what time it is in Seoul, right?" 

 

I heard a few shuffles and sht in the background before he muttered "Sorry yeobo."

 

You blushed. Y-E-O-B-O. Your eyes widened and you stuttered as you heard that endearment. "Y-yah! W-wha--"

 

"You like it? Because I like it. It suits you yeobo." 

 

"Oppaaa" You whined. 

 

Bark.

 

"Did you like my surprise?"

 

Bark.

 

"The puppy?" You asked, unsure if that cute little pup was from your lover.

 

"Yes, cute right? It reminds me of you."

 

You gasped. "No freaking way! This thing is too adorable to be like me!" You kneeled down and petted the pup.

 

"Hush yeobo. So, what is its name?" He yawned, sounding very tired.

 

"Hmmm. L." You grinned while staring down at the puppy.

 

"Very creative yeobo." He muttered, sarcasm dripping in his voice.

 

"Well, it does remind me of you."

 

"Okay, we'll stick with L. I know I'm cute." You both chuckled, before muttering goodnights and see you soon with each other. He sent you a text after a minute of hanging up.

 

--

Just imagine L as our baby. Wait, it's like i'm telling you to imagine me as your baby.

Call me aegi yeobo. Goodnight, xx

--

 

You giggled before sending an 'Aegi joahe.' to him. You glanced at the puppy. "Looks like you're under my care now, L."

 


 

Bark.

 

"Annoying."

 

Bark.

 

"Spoiled."

 

Bark.

 

"UGH!" Myungsoo pulled his hair in annoyance and huffed like a child before crossing his arms and slumped on your sofa. You giggled at his reaction before grooming L. So cute. You knew he was annoyed but you liked his reaction. It's like, how do you explain this. It's just, endearing. 

 

"How long are you gonna ignore me?" He muttered cutely.

 

"I'm not ignoring you." You teased.

 

Bark.

 

"Ugh! You were ignoring me!" He whined, shaking his head.

 

Bark.

 

"I did?"

 

"Yeobo!"

 

You giggled before releasing L in your arms and went to wash your hands. "I did, didn't I?" 

 

"Wae?" He pouted. This is so unlike the people Myungsoo knew. Well, of course. He only shows this side to you. Which made you feel so proud. Wiping your hands dry, you went up to him before pinching his cheeks. "Because you're so cute."

 

"I know." He smirked and pulled you down on his lap. Straddling him, you s your arms around his shoulder. He placed his hands on your hips. He kissed your cheeks before resting his head on you shoulder. "I miss this." He muttered. You tightened your hold on him, whispering "Miss what?" in his ears.

 

"You. Our time. Everything."

 

You pushed him lightly to see his red face. Omona, is he blushing? "What are you talking about oppa?" You raised one of your brows at him, questioning his statement. He pouted, before hiding his face on the crook of your neck. "Well," He breathed against your skin, making you shiver. "That puppy is taking too much of your time."

 

Your eyes widened. "Aegi! Are you jealous? And because of a puppy?" Your voice dripping with amusement as you . 

 

"Aish." He just tightened his grip on you. "I love you."

 

You blushed, letting the word sink in. You kissed his shoulder before replying, "I love you too oppa."

 

Those word really made your heart soar up in the clouds.

 


 

"I don't want to go."

 

"You have to."

 

"Don't wanna."

 

"But oppa!"

 

"I don't want to leave you again okay?"

 

"Oppa! You have to! It's your world tour concert!"

 

You were arguing with Myungsoo for the past twenty minutes about him leaving for a week straight. He groaned before pulling you in his arms as he rested on your bed. He rolled you guys over and over until he's satisfied with your position. You were on top of him, your arms around his neck and your chest against each other. His arms were around your waist and both of your legs are entangled with each other.

 

He snuggled and hid his face on your hair. "I don't want to leave you."

 

"You have no choice oppa. As much as I want to keep you here in my house, everyone would bother us so might as well leave in peace." You sighed as you pecked his cheeks. You bit your lips before resting your head on his chest.

 

"But it's your birthday!" He whined.

 

You felt your eyes water as the situation sinked in your head. You wouldn't be able to celebrate your birthday with him. Your special day. You tightened your hold on to him and snuggled closer. "I know." You said with a sad voice.

 

"I can't leave you. Not again."

 

"I know."

 

"You don't!" He started. "You don't know how guilty I am for leaving you alone on your, our, special events." His voice cracked as he said those words, but he continued. "All I wanted is to make you happy."

 

"But I am happy." You cut him off.

 

"But It's not enough. I should at least give efforts on occassions like these." He shook his head, tightening his grip on your waist.

 

"You did gave an effort. Remember L? Remember the song you sang for me? Those are efforts oppa. And I'm grateful for that." A few more push and those tears would fall.

 

"But I want to celebrate it with you. I want to be with you on these kind of occassions. Ah, no that's wrong. I want to be with you every single second of the day. But I couldn't. I can't. And it . I want to make you happy, I want to see it. I wanted to see your reaction when you received L. I wanted to see and hug you first when you heard the song I tried to convey. I wanted to see and experience first-hand your everything."

 

Tears escaped from your blurry eyes as he said those words. You also wanted what he wanted. You couldn't reply anything to that. All you gave him were sobs and tears, and he accepted it all. He rolled both of your bodies on your sides and hugged you dearly to his chest. He kissed your forehead, before moving down you nose, then kissed your cheeks. He kissed your tears away, giving butterfly kisses to remove your tears.

 

"It's unfair." You mumbled, after calming down.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Why do you have to leave for my birthday?" You knew it was a selfish thing to say, but Myungsoo was greatful. Only because it's the only way he could feel that you also wanted him. Being selfish, being spoiled. He wanted to feel needed. And he wants it to come from you

 

"Why can't we have a normal celebration?"

 

"Yeah."

 

You ended your rant, even though you had a lot of things to say. But those rants can wait. You didn't want to spend your day ranting and full of tears. Somehow, you came back to your senses and tried to be sweet. Keyword: tried.

 

You drew endless circles on his chest. Then hearts. "Oppa." You called his attention.

 

"Yeah?"

 

You grabbed his left hand and placed a soft kiss on his knuckles. "I love you."

 

"I know."

 

"I love you a lot."

 

"I know."

 

You smiled against his hands before kissing each finger. "I really really love you." You said while placing soft feathery kisses on the tip of his finger.

 

He hummed in answer. Waiting for you to satisfy yourself with your actions. He was amused with your new found cheesiness. 

 

You kissed his ring finger again but this time you it. He stiffened at your action, but he froze when you started on his finger. You glanced at his reaction, giggling in your head at the way he was ogling at you. His eyes were round and his mouth open.

 

His grip on your waist tightened, like asking what-are-you-doing.

 

But his ual -ehem- thoughts flew off the window as he released a loud "OUCH."

 

"What the hell yeobo?"

 

You laughed before kissing his ring finger again. "Sorry, couldn't control myself." You actually bit, no chomped, on his finger, creating a bruised mark around it.

 

You admired the mark you created on his ring finger. You knew he couldn't wear couple rings because that would break a million of hearts in an instant. So you resorted on marking him with a bruised ring on his finger. "Cute."

 

He stared at it too. This time, understanding what you did.

 

"I thought I could handle the pressure of being your girl. But I couldn't. I couldn't actually be the understanding one in this relationship. I though I could understand the importance of your work and your fans. But I failed as your lover. I was selfish. I was nothing but selfish. I just want you all for myself. I want to hide you away from people and just... spend the rest of my life with you."

 

He inhaled sharply, waiting for you to continue.

 

"And this is the proof of my selfishness. I-I'm sorry." You placed a soft kiss on his palm. "I'm sorry I'm selfish oppa."

 

"Silly. I should be the one saying sorry."

 

He still felt guilty for not taking you out on dates. For not experiencing couple things like shirts, rings and other couple related s. He wanted to atleast experience going to that love tower where you lock your love with a padlock on a fence and throw those keys away so that no one would be able to open it and interfere. He really wanted this. He really wanted you.

 

He spooned you and took your chin, facing your face infront of his. "I love you." You closed your eyes as you felt soft lips pressed against yours. This kiss took both of your breath away. It's not hot, it's not ual. It's just sweet. Just the way you liked it.

 

"You should be more selfish. I don't mind spoiling you yeobo." He pecked your lips one more time before humming a soft sing, lulling you to sleep.

 

"I love you ___."

 

You knew it wasn't safe on hanging on such words, but you can't do anything but hold on to those words. Wishing that this phrase and its meaning wouldn't change as both of you struggle your way in life.

 

END.


I tried. It . I know. I'm not born to be fluffy. I'm sorry. Sorry for the grammatical and spelling errors. This is not edited. I wrote what I thought at the moment. Sorry it took more than a week. Life's been a to me. :)

my first ever chaptered story and it's finished. FINISHED. you don't know how much this means to me. lol bcs i never finish stories. xD anyways. this story is experimental. meaning, i have no experience in writing such things like "you" pov, a character based on what i see in dramas, an idol as a lover. 

I do write stories but i always use OCs. I never used an idol so this is basically new to me when I started it. And the YOU pov is so annoying ahahahah bcs i have to keep the girl pure or something idk. it's hard. XD sorry. i'm ranting., anyways, THANK YOU FOR READING AND STAYING WITH THIS STORY. THIS ISN'T THE BEST STORY BUT I HOPE IT MADE YOU HAPPY. :) lovelots