Essay

Essay of 'Once, In a lifetime'

Once there was a girl who were blessed with 6 men in her life to be her own soulmate. She was not a queen, nor a part of the royals, but fate had decided she would be lucky and gained gorgeous men to be by her side. Hopefully forever.

 

Her life aren't those the normal fairytale. She isn't as much as admired as the royalty, she doesn't reach the royalty qualities and mostly, she didn't lived like how those princess in fairytale lived - painfully hard and suffering, she had lived happily with her family that she was already content with. She wished no more, yet, she was granted another.

 

They - those 6 men - too weren't a part of the royalty. Though, they were as much as popular like the royalties and admired as how they are, they were godly men, who wouldn't like them? They had lived between the rich though has heart as thoughtful as how a kind, gentlemen should be. They cared and see the world through as a normal men, not as a rich men and had lived among them that they could be recognize everywhere. But they had a secret, a painful secret for that girl - who they were supposed to spend life with - that she might just ran away from these godly crazed. Why?

 

They were gays. Not as in 'gay' happy, but as in 'gay' gay. Love between man+man. You got it. 6 of them had paired with each other and had loved them dearly. Loving each other secretly, oh how painful it is to see them touched and wrapped against another people but they were a secret, and they couldn't aford themself to be hated because certainly, gays aren't welcomed. So when their beloved families told them that they had found a soulmate - one for all of them, they don't know why - they couldn't bring to reject because no matter how their families know they weren't normal, they had to for themself, for their families and so they agreed. And then they met.

 

It wasn't such a pleasant meeting at first because that girl had come across one of the couple - from those handsome group of men - making out right in front of her eyes. Oh Man. She almost got a heartattack and in the verge of crying out and screaming Oh My Pineapple God, They are making out! yet she regained herself and reach out by force and they had such a memorable meeting.

 

She knew they were gays then but she didn't mind. Maybe, she could make them love her. Oh how she got her hopes to much to end with disappointment. At first, they were awkward. Awkward as hell especially with the couple she just seen make out right in front of their eyes. But she had hoped, hoped that they will soon be better. She had wished, yet it never came true. As time goes, even after they move to their own appartement - in which both parties' families had bought for them - they were still awkward as turtles and hell, the men were purposely ignoring her that she felt that she was suffering. Those hopes of getting know each other crumpled and shattered, though, she was still tough and bravely asked.

 

"Do you guys hate me that much?"

and recieves no respond - like from no one even though everyone was there - in which she laughed it off and smile brightly for the last time that month. Ever.

 

And so then, they tried.

 

They probably felt pity and guilty because those shiny smiles that the girl had was no longer seen, so that why they tried to bring it back every way they could and they did. Oh so easily, and they got her hopes too much again. For the second time, she never felt so disappointed as before.

 

After that incident, they does kinda got more comfortable and they had more talks rather than before. She finally felt like a family with them. Too bad that she didn't hear any of those thoughts that the boys had inside their minds. She was content with this for now, but she just can't help to wished for more and she somehow did. She shouldn't have.

 

As time passes, she would often feel that she was loved dearly especially with those caring little gestures and hugs that she recieved. She thought

'maybe, they had come to love me too like how i loved them equally'

'maybe, they had melt their heart for me'

full of 'maybes'

 

But it didn't last long. Oh how ironic is it when she heard them talking behind their back especially on valentine day. Just nice. She had planned to bring them her homemade sweets that she made secretly at her own home - making excuses as in, homesick - but recieved such a bad respond, not even when she had given the chocolates to them.

 

"Well, I'm glad that she's happier now"

"Yeah, but she kinda... got a little bit annoying don't you think?"

"Hey, that's rude, even if she's not here, watch your mouth"

"But he's kind of true, hyung"

"Guys-"

"Oh you do think the same grandpa, stop denying"

"But-"

"Anyway, do we still have to pretend? I mean, it's valentine! what if she wants.. something inappropiate?!"

"She's not like you"

"Still..."

"Listen. Our families wanted us to make her happy. If we can't, we bring disappointment and grace in which meaning, we have to keep this up even if we are just pretending okay?"

 

Pretending is such an awesome thing in the world don't you think?

The girl had heard it all though paid no attention to the chocolates that had fallen from her hands and her tears that flowing out slowly from her left eye. She laughed it off as how she did before, though, she still had her bright smile on her face.

"I see, just because their families said so, huh?"

She slowly walked away, though she did come back with her normal, bright smile and her

"I'm Back!"

What they didn't know is that;

"If they pretend, I'll pretend too"

How hurting is it to fake one's happiness and how cruel is it to play with one's feeling and played with one's trust and heart.

The trust and love that she shouldn't have given from the beginning.