Going...

Admitting It

 

Zhou Mi stood in the doorway, hand wrapped around the handle of his case. He ran a hand across his face, compressing his lips. “Kyu, I just… I can’t do this anymore! I’m tired of trying to figure out if you want me, or if I’m just a-a-a game to you! You can’t even admit to yourself that you love me. I don’t even need you to say it to me. I just need you to admit it to yourself!” He pressed his fingers to his eyes and carried on. “All it would take is one word. One word, and I’ll stay.” Kyuhyun couldn’t say anything, couldn’t move, couldn’t open his mouth to stop Zhou Mi going away. Zhou Mi’s face fell. “You can’t even do that, can you?” He said, his voice breaking. Kyuhyun looked up, attempting to say something, but…he couldn’t. Were Zhou Mi’s eyes…tearing up?

 

Zhou Mi turned away, a tear sliding down his cheek. “Fine,” He said, choking. “I’m leaving.” Those fatal last words pierced something in Kyu, and he was about to move, to stop his lover leaving him alone, but it was too late. The door slammed shut, and Kyu froze in shock. He wanted to bang the door, scream out his rage and frustration, but he couldn’t, wouldn’t let his emotions get the better of him.

 

How could Zhou Mi leave him? How could he? What was with this sudden departure? He heard a cough behind him, and he leant his forehead on the wall. “What?” He asked.

 

He heard footsteps. “You really are a total idiot.” His big sister told him, her tone derisive. “He was begging you to tell him to stay, and you did nothing.” Kyuhyun opened his mouth. “No, Cho Kyuhyun, don’t you lie to me. I know you wanted him to stay. I can see it in your eyes.” She sighed angrily. “What is it with men? Why is it so hard to admit you’re in love with someone?”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, and was about to correct her ridiculous assumption, when she hit the back of his head. “And before you say that’s not true, listen to me. I’m your noona!” She almost growled. Why, why did she have to be here witness this? “Who do you talk to the most?” Kyu stayed silent. “Zhou Mi. When you’re in pain, who do you go to? Zhou Mi. When you want to relax, who is it you go to? Oh, let’s think, shall we? Zhou Mi. Who do you sleep with? Oh, it’s Zhou Mi, again.” She shook her head in exasperation, dark hair glinting in the light. “You love the man, you .”

 

Kyuhyun turned. “Well if that’s true, and you all know this, then why did he leave?” He asked, sounding like a little boy. She sighed again, feeling sympathy for her poor, confused little brother. “He obviously doesn’t want me.” He told her, his voice stronger. Oh no, he was closing up.

 

“Kyu, that man just begged you to tell him you loved him. You don’t do that if you don’t want somebody. He stood in the doorway and nearly cried. If that doesn’t mean he wants you, then I don’t know what does.” She grabbed his arm, pulling him to face her. “Listen to me.” His eyes widened, slightly frightened by her intensity. “All he sees is you. It’s so freaking obvious. You two are together, and he’s always touching you. He smiles all the time when he’s with you. You move, he moves. And when you kiss, dear God, if I got that much from my boyfriend, I would never let him go. Ever.”

 

She bit her lip as Kyu’s face crumpled slightly. “We can still fix this.” Kyuhyun looked at her, giving her one of his nasty glares.

 

“No we can’t.” He told her, voice slightly croaky.

 

“I refuse to hear such defeatist talk!” She replied, with a wicked smile.