Together Again

Together Again

 

“Next week will be your break, use it wisely, take a rest and have fun okay? But for now let’s finish this debut concert!” Their manager’s words alarmed Hikaru’s ears.

 His face immediately lit up as he heard the word “vacation”. Finally he’ll be able to go back to his hometown-Sendai.

 

 Finally he’ll be able to see her again.

Finally he’ll be able to hold her again.

Hug her again…

Kiss her again…

 

It breaks his heart that the last thing he saw before he left was her tears. And it hurts him more knowing that those tears were because of him.

‘I’ll see you soon. No more tears… Only your sweet smile and laughter…’

“Oi! Earth to HIkaru! Are you going to get up or what?” Inoo Kei, his friend as well as co-band member shook him back to reality. His eyes were directly looking at him, amused by the way he was acting.

“Ah! Right!” Hikaru hastily stood up and fixed himself. He went straight to the backstage without even giving Kei another glance.

“I wonder what’s bothering him.” Kei exclaimed, rubbing his chin as he thinks.

“As if you’re not used to it already, he’ll be back to normal before you know it.” Yabu Kota, their leader patted Kei’s back and followed Hikaru with a soft and assuring smile. Kei didn’t argue further and just shrugged the though off.

 

---

It was probably the saddest night of his life…

“I’m really happy you decided to come with me.” Hikaru looked down at her as they waited for the train’s door to close. She looked up to him and gave him a small smile. She stared at the door and shook her head.

“I’m sorry Hikaru… I can’t.” She exclaimed, in a blinked Hikaru saw her on the other side of the closing door, tearing up as she watched the train leave.

---

“MISA!!!” Hikaru screamed as he was once again awoken by the sad dream. He looked around the room as he realized that it was just a dream. He panted and stood up. Hikaru headed to the kitchen to get some refreshment, hoping that it will relax him a bit.

“Don’t worry tomorrow, you’ll see her again.” He yet again muttered to himself. He gave out one last heavy breath and smiled.

The next day came fast. HIkaru found himself standing by the train station with his backpack full of clothes and himself dressed in a very mysterious clothing. He was wearing a hat, shades and a jacket. It was funny how he looked like murderer on a run. But that’s what he wanted, people to avoid him.

He stepped into the train and sat quietly by the corner. He can still remember the night he left home, it was snowing that day but the only thing he can feel was pain.

Hikaru was actually in a band before he left and he was the bassist. His band was composed of a drummer, lead guitarist, bassist and a vocalist who was their rhythm as well. They were all childhood friends except for their vocalist. She was a classmate of their lead guitarist but ever since she entered the band, they all got along well. She especially got closer to Hikaru. That ‘she’ was Misa.

Misa was a simple girl who has a great passion in music. She came from a regular family with a father who’s a musician but ever since he lost his popularity his love for music vanished as well. From then on music never existed in their home. Misa tried as hard as she could to quit and please her parents but she just couldn’t. She’s not as good at school as she was good in music. She was given hope when she met Hiro—their lead guitarist. Then she met him—Hikaru.

Ever since they became friends they were inseparable, their personality clicked, they have chemistry and their passion for music just strengthened their relationship. It was never a surprise to Hiro that the two would eventually become a couple. They completed each other-- when they’re together nothing in the world matters anymore, just the two of them.

Hikaru loved her so much. And Misa did too but it ended in that one winter night, in the train station where she left him.

 Hikaru shook off the thought once again. He reminded himself that he has to be strong and that he’ll find her soon. Hikaru got off the train and went on into walking back to his old apartment. Yes, he was an orphan and it was only Misa and his band matters to him back then.

HIkaru then passed by the park, he stopped and looked around. The memory is still fresh, he can still remember how Misa looked at him that day. She was furious back then and she was sad too.

 

--flashback—

 

“You! Why didn’t you tell me?! If it wasn’t for Hiro I wouldn’t find out! Until when are you trying to hide it from me?!” Misa shouted at him. She stomped her way to him and pushed him out of fury. Hikaru helplessly fell on the seat he was sitting on just a little while ago.

“Calm down Misa, let me explain please.” Hikaru exclaimed and pleadingly looked at her. Misa escaped his gaze and crossed her arms as she waited for his explanation.

“Misa, I’m going to tell you soon. But I guess it slipped from Hiro. I was recruited from our Valentine’s gig, I wanted to bring you the news right away but I don’t want our date for that night to be ruined.” Hikaru started off. He stood up and pulled Misa closer to him. He held her by the waist while his other hand was brushing her hair.

“Don’t you think I would be happy for you?”  Misa looked back at him. Her tone was gloomy, it really didn’t cheer Hikaru up.

“I know we both know Misa, that it would mean separation. I would never want to be away from you.” Hikaru held her gaze and smiled at him.

“But you’re going to accept it anyway.” Misa said and looked away again.

“Hey, who said that? I won’t go if you’re not coming with me.” Hikaru held her chin and made her face him.

“Me. You’ll go, even without me. You can’t miss out this opportunity.” Misa answered back, her voice was stern but her eyes expressed otherwise. She was hurt, she was sad and she knew she’s going to be lonely without him.

“No, I made up my mind. I won’t go without you.” Hikaru replied with a determined voice.

“Hikaru, I can’t just leave. My family is here, I have school and what will Tokyo bring me? Nothing.” Misa exclaimed and pulled away from Hikaru’s hold.

“Then it’s final I won’t go.” Hikaru smiled at her and turned his back.

“Hikaru!” Misa shouted in frustration.

“NO MISA! I WON’T LEAVE YOU! YOU’RE MY EVERYTHING! WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!” This time it was Hikaru who shouted. His tone was dead serious. Misa couldn’t react and just nodded. She didn’t say anything because fear took over her system. It was the first time Hikaru ever shouted at her.

“I’m sorry, please understand.” This time Hikaru said it softly. He pulled her for a hug which she openly accepted.

“I love you.” Hikaru softly whispered and kissed her forehead.

“I love you too.” Misa replied. Hikaru smiled at her before he gave her a soft, sweet kiss.

The next day Misa told Hikaru that she’ll be coming with him, that her parents agreed. Hikaru knew that it was too good to be true but he believed it anyway mainly because he really wants to go to Tokyo and train under the agency that recruited him.

But then in the final day of his departure… Misa left him.

Hikaru was about to go back to Sendai on that same day but Misa’s letter for him made him decide otherwise.

 

--end of flashback—

Hikaru held the piece of paper where Misa left him her last words.

 

‘Dear Hikaru,

                I know it’s sudden but I really didn’t plan to go with you, I didn’t even ask permission from my parents. I lied. I’m sorry. But please understand that my conscience won’t be able to take it if I steal your dreams away from you. I love you and I want you to succeed. I will wait for you don’t worry. J I will be supporting you. Take care! Gambatte ne?

 

Love,

Misa

 

“Tadaima!!!” Hikaru shouted and smiled.

He then ran to Misa’s house and happily rang the doorbell. The door was opened by Misa’s little sister.

“Hey Mika! How are you?” Hikaru casually answered. It took a while before Mika could even answer.

“Hikaru-niichan?” Mika muttered in shock. Her eyes widened and her feet frozen.

“Yeah! It’s me! Where’s your sister?” Hikaru asked, he can’t wait to see Misa again. He knew Misa just graduated high school. He was planning to ask her again to come and live with him in Tokyo. She can enter a university there and they can be together again.

It took a while before Mika got the courage to answer Hikaru’s question. It breaks her heart that her answer might just shattered Hikaru’s heart and mindset.

“She left. She went to Tokyo.” Mika answered while avoiding Hikaru’s gaze.

“What!?” Hikaru asked. “When?”

“Right after graduation she left. That was two months ago.” Mika answered apologetically. She thought that her sister went there in order to see Hikaru but she guessed she was wrong.

“She never once contacted me.” Hikaru exclaimed, clearly pain was in his voice.

“Niichan. Wiat for me.” Mika exclaimed before she entered their house again. As she came out once again she has a piece of paper in hand.

“Here. I wrote her address there and her phone number. I hope you’ll be able to see her again soon.” Mika exclaimed and gave Hikaru a comforting hug.

“Thank you Mika.” Hikaru smiled at her ‘little sister’ and went back to his apartment. It’s too late to go back to Tokyo and so he decided to catch the first train the next day.

------

It’s been a week already and yet Hikaru can’t seem to get a hold of Misa, she never answered her phone and it seems like she never go home. Every day his impatience just grew bigger resulting to frustration.

 In a blink Hikaru’s break is already over, in fact he was back to work already.

“Now, from the top. Hikaru, will you focus? You keep on hitting the wrong keys.” Kota exclaimed and gave his bassist a sharp look.

“I’m sorry.” Hikaru muttered. The band started from the top again but yet again Hikaru messed up his part.

“Hikaru, vacation is over!” Kota once again reprimanded his friend. Inoo Kei who can’t ignore Hikaru’s unsual behavior finally spoke.

“Ko-chan, I think we have to take a break first.” Kota shook his head but agreed. He was then pulled by Kei and dragged him towards Hikaru.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Kei asked. But Hikaru didn’t answer and so Kota asked as well.

“Yeah, what’s wrong? I’m sorry I scolded you but we have to focus we’ll perform later at Music bank. I know you’re aware of that.” Kota exclaimed seriously.

“I know, I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m going through something.” Hikaru exclaimed.

“You can share it to us. We might be able to help you know. Our band is just newly formed but we’re friends already right? You can trust us.” Kei said. Upon hearing such Hikaru told them everything. He explained everything from who Misa was and what happened between them even what happened the week before.

“I see. We all sacrificed a lot to be here.” Kota exclaimed, “I’m sorry for what happened. We’ll help you find her as soon as we have time for it. Don’t worry we’ll find her soon.” Kota added. He patted Hikaru’s back and gave an assuring smile.

It was the first time Hikaru ever opened up to them. He felt better, sharing what he’s been going through. Fortunately Hikaru was able to focus on practice and confidently went to Music bank’s studio.

 

---

As soon as they arrived the studio the fuss about a new girl group performing has been going around. Everyone got curious but not Hikaru. He has a lot of things to worry about.

“Calling for final dry run, everyone please proceed to the stage.” The stage director ordered everyone. Hikaru stood up along with his bandmates. They followed the instruction and sat in front of the stage, waiting for their turn.

“So Alluvial Infinity will perform first” The director once again exclaimed.

Alluvial infinity was the new girl group that everyone kept on talking about. They were a band with a drummer, guitarist, pianist and rhythm. All of them can sing. As they entered the stage all the girls were wearing a mask—each colored differently it seems like each color would represent each girls.

Hikaru’s attention was caught by the blue mask.

“I’m sure Misa would like that mask.” Hikaru muttered to himself and smile.

As he was watching the mask, his attention was unconsciously channeled to the owner. Then he realized that her actions and smile reminded him of someone. Misa.

He can’t be sure until she’ll remove the mask and so Hikaru waited. Alluvial infinity performed with their masked on. As they played Hikaru can’t help but to see the similarity of their technique but what captured Hikaru’s heart the most was her voice.

“I bet my life, that’s Misa. I miss that voice.” Hikaru exclaimed and tears began to escape his eyes. Kei and Kota who was beside him noticed Hikaru. They both looked at each other and dragged their friend back stage.

“What are you doing?” Hikaru exclaimed as he looked at his two friends.

“Bet your life.” Kei replied as he pushed him lightly. At the same moment Hikaru finally looked back at the stage Alluvial Infinity removed their mask… and she was there, singing her heart out.

“Misa…” He whispered. He can’t move. He can’t breathe properly. He was surprised. He was too overwhelmed. He was frozen on the spot.

The performance ended and yet Hikaru still can’t move a muscle. But as soon as Alluvial Infinity reached the back stage Hikaru hurriedly grabbed Misa and took her in a place where no one could ever bother them.

“Uhmm… I think our friend has something to tell to your friend. Hehehe.” Kei exclaimed as he rubbed the back of his head.

“It’s okay. We know.” Misa’s bandmates replied in sync and giggled.

 

---

 

As soon as they were alone, Hikaru pulled Misa and hugged her tightly, making sure he’ll never get loose of her.

“Hikaru.” Misa finally found her voice. She knew he would be there. She was ready to face him in fact she wanted to surprise him. But she never expected that he’ll react the way he was acting at the present. She thought he would be mad or something but he’s not. He was lovingly hugging her.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were here?” Hikaru asked as he pulled back and stared at her.

“Because I don’t want to bother you” Misa answered shyly. Hikaru can’t help but frown.

“You’re never a bother. Will you stop thinking that?” Hikaru replied as he started to brush her hair.

“I auditioned for an agency after you left. They took me in right after I graduated. I was really planning to see you but we were both busy and I don’t know where to start looking for you.” Misa explained with a soft smile.

“I thought I can live on without thinking of you but I guess I was wrong. There was never a day I won’t think of you.” Misa added as she then held Hikaru’s cheeks.

“I really miss you.” Just then she started to sob.

“I miss you too and I love you still.” Hikaru yet again gave him a sweet smile and leaned to give her a long, loving kiss.

All can Misa do was to kiss back and cry out of happiness. They were apart but today and days on they are together again.

“I’ll make sure to never leave your side again.” Hikaru whispered as he pulled away from her.

“I’ll make sure you do.” Misa replied as she smiled back and hugged him again.

“Oi, stop crying or else you make up will be smudged off.” Hikaru remarked. Upon hearing scuh Misa pushed him away and fix herself.

“Baka! We have rehearsal to do! I’m sure your bandmates are looking for you!” Misa exclaimed in panic. Hikaru can’t help but to laugh at the sight of the silly girl.

“You never changed.” Hikaru then put an arm around Misa’s shoulder and kissed her head.

“Back to reality, let’s act friends okay? Be sure not to flirt with me.” Hikaru exclaimed and laughed at his own words.

“As if.” Misa retorted and pushed him away again and run back to her band. She gave Hikaru one last look before she entered their dressing room.

“I’ll see you later.” Hikaru mouthed and she nodded.

They’re together again and will never be separated again.