My Not Normal Life.... Just Got So Much Weirder!

Why Are My Roommates... Bunnies?

 

You sighed.

It’s been a week since you moved to Korea. Adjusting to new high school and the culture had been hard enough on its own, but then you had to work late-night shifts to be able to afford your small apartment. It wasn’t as easy as you had thought, but you shrugged it off.

It was all to meet your friend again.

You were currently folding up your apron to put away. Yes, you worked at a restaurant, and a fairly nice one too. The people who worked there with you were delightful and patient people, and being a waitress paid fairly well. Even so, you had developed dark circles under your eyes from lack of decent sleep.

“Goodnight,” You said goodbye to your fellow coworkers, gathering your things. They smiled and waved as you made your way out, wishing you goodnight in return.

And finally, you were on the street, whipping out your phone. You had a very nice Samsung phone, and even though it was expensive, it was your lifeline, since, well…. You were horrible with directions. You phone was your map, and that’s invaluable to you.

Thank god that Seoul was so bright at night, so it wasn’t really dark until you reached the more cramped apartment section, where streetlights were fewer and farther in between. But with your trusty phone, you easily found your way to the area you lived in.

You had to admit, even at night, the drivers were crazy. It was life-risking to cross the street, so you avoided that unless completely necessary. You lived in a quieter area, so the traffic wasn’t as bad as in the busier areas.

You stared at your phone, and then looked up. From what you could tell, you could take a shortcut through an alley on your right, but that’s not what you were uncertain about. You didn’t know if you had the guts to go through alleyways at night. You have seen the movies. You weren’t stupid enough to fall for that.

So with your head held high, you hurried past the alleyway, taking the longer, yet what you judged, “safer” route to your apartment complex.

As you got closer and closer to your complex, the more you had to strain your eyes to see in the blackness. Light pollution blocked out the stars, so you were left half-blinded and stumbling around in the light of your phone.

You loved your phone.

As you caught sight of the red brick walls of your apartment building, you hurried toward it, and upon reaching it…..

…..You realized it wasn’t your apartment complex. You hit your head on the brick wall.

“Geez, this place is so complex,” You muttered, stalking back in the direction you had come, “I swear, it’s like a maze.”

A shuffling sound startled you out of your sulking. You looked around frantically, searching for the cause of the odd sound. But being half-blinded by the surrounding blackness didn’t help.

“Holy .” You said, placing your hand over your rapidly beating heart. You started off again, this time speed-walking away. The whole time, you remained oblivious to the fact that the route you were taking to your apartment….. Involved another alleyway.

By the time you reached the alleyway, you had slightly calmed. You had done this before, and you didn’t feel endangered before. And you were almost sure that the shuffling had been your imagination, so you kept on as if nothing had happened.

Besides, this alley had a small streetlight at the end of it, which shone on your real apartment complex. It couldn’t be that bad, right?

So you decided to ride on your chances and take a chance going down the alley. You flicked your forehead in attempt to clear the paranoia that you blamed for your scary imagination, walking normally through the shadowed alley.

“Wow, a human.”

“It looks like a female…”

“That’s exactly what we need!” You jumped and squeaked in alarm, clutching your purse and phone tightly.

“Who’s there?” You called into the darkness cautiously, your palms sweaty. You shifted your hands on your purse, ready to use it for defense if called for. You scanned the darkness for the owners of the voices, your nerves spiking. “Come out!” You demanded after a moment of silence.

That’s when they showed themselves.

What. The. Hell.

They were waist-high…. You didn’t even know what they were. They had bunny ears, but from what you could tell, their skin was black, and they all had something on them… Like each one had a unique mask. They stood upright, but the thing they closest resembled was some kind of odd bunny. And there were three of them.

“I’m going crazy,” You chuckled to yourself in disbelief. You stared at the three things in front of you, speechless.

“I’m pretty sure that’s a female.” A bunny, whose yellow and white mask resembled that of a jokers, said to the other two, who nodded. Another bunny, with a red gas-mask like thing and a more black and gray camouflage complexion, stepped forward, so it was only standing about a yard from you.

“Human, we peacefully request to speak with you.” The red-masked bunny said. But, being you, your retort was easily face-palm worthy.

“Don’t call me ‘human’,” You snapped, lacking anything else to say. “I have a name, you know.” The last bunny, with a more normal-looking hot pink mask, stepped up and raised a hand at you, holding an awfully realistic laser-type gun.

“The human is exhibiting hostility. I think we may need to dispose of this particular threat.” It said to your further shock. The red masked one shook its head.

“Our mission is to collect data on humans, not kill them.” It said, its voice full of authority and purpose, suggesting it was leading the other two. At the leaders’ words, the pink-masked bunny backed down, taking his aim off you and sighing disappointedly.

Their conversation baffled you. They were talking like they were aliens! But there was one thought that ran clear through your mind: You had to get out of there.

You turned around, attempting to sneak away, only to freeze again.

Three more of the things were standing behind you.

You stared at them, dumbstruck. You were surrounded by these odd-looking creatures that talked as if they hailed from a different planet. You were obviously going to be in search of a therapist after this.

“Hahaha, you see, I kinda need to go….” You trailed off, throwing a glance back at the leader. It’s not like you could judge his expression, because, well…. It’s a bunny thing. You didn’t even know what the hell it was, so how where you supposed to guess its emotions?

“Then take us with you, human.” The leader said, more of an order than a suggestion. Your eyes widened.

NO,” You turned around only to find three laser guns pointed at you. You gulped, not ready to risk the chance that the guns were real too. You slowly turned back to the leader, rethinking your decision. “Actually… I think I can make an exception.” All the bunny creatures nodded approvingly.

“The female human is not as unintelligent as she physically appears,” The pink-masked bunny thing said, as if it were a complement. You grit your teeth in irritation.

Yeah, you’d need a therapist.


                ~*~

 

Escorted by the six odd masked bunny creatures, you walked into your apartment, taking off your shoes. Even with laser guns aimed at your back, your eyes still threatened to shut as you closed the door and thumped down on your couch.

Temporarily forgetting the presence of the bunny creatures due to your fatigue, you drifted to sleep, completely unaware of the things you had unconsciously let into your apartment.

You were in for an interesting morning.

 


 

 

Hey guys! OMG I’M LIKE DYING OF TIREDNESS…. But I still posted the first chapter today! ^^ Forgive me for taking so long to write it~!
I know it was kind of rushed at first, and a bit weird, but I hope to clear up a few more things and smooth it out in coming chapters, so please bear with me! >.<
So, what did you guys think of the chapter? Constructive criticism is welcome!
My lovely readers, please comment~
Thanks!