Chapter 5

What does the leader do, when a member becomes distant...?

A/N: Ugggh, sorry this took so long. Been helping my mum decorate the bedroom and then I fell over the wire connecting the wireless internet router box thingy to the phone line -_-* I am such a clutz it's not even funneh anymore T.T the wire pulled the router off the sideboard and it may have kinda fallen and broken into multiple pieces.... oops.... blamed it on the dog... that I dont have... ANYWAYS, yeah, here the next chappie and i hope it was worth the wait <3 managed to fix the box with a hammer and duct tape if you're wondering how i now have access to the interwebs :D


 

That day went by rather uneventfully. They eventually all woke up and got ready after a promise of fried chicken for lunch if they 'hurried the hell up' (and a threat from Sungyeol that if L didn't hurry up in the bathroom that as soon as he came out he would just return his hair to the birds nest it was before). Then they all made their way to practise where they danced until fried chicken arrived and all hell broke loose and sang for the rest of what was left of the afternoon. Apart from a sprained ankle for Sunggyu, a sore throat for Myungsoo and a broken nail for Sungjong, the afternoon was crowned as a success.

By 6 o'clock the members were snoring sleeping in the car ride back home. Sunggyu looked over to the manager from the passenger seat. "Can you take them out for tea tonight? Now that I think about it we didn't go out to celebrate the comeback yesterday." Youngjun just chuckled.

"You mean you want me to take them out so mummy can enjoy a nice bubble bath in peace?" He turned to raise an eyebrow at Sunggyu as he pulled up in front of the dorm. Sunggyu gasped in mock horror.

"How did you guess? Has Dongwoo been teaching you mind reading tricks?" He heard a snort from behind him.

"They aren't tricks dear, you should know." Dongwoo sent a theatrical wink along with it.

"Okay kids, disembark from the taxi if you would be so kind." The 'taxi driver' asked as he turned off the ignition. "And then I want you back here in less than 10 minutes to go for some meat!" Sunggyu swears he's never seen the kids move so fast as he limped up the pathway to home.

After a few minutes of the members running wild looking for wallets and clean shirts, they started to leave one by one to go back to the car.
"Come on Hoya, you haven't even changed yet." Dongwoo urged as he stuffed his backpack with his wallet, headphones and a... squeaky tube? Hoya smiled as he saw his hyung's bag threatening to burst at the seams.

"I think I'm gonna stay in tonight. I wanted to... erm...  hang out with Sunggyu hyung tonight anyway." The baffled look on Dongwoo's face (probably wondering why anyone would pick Sunggyu over meat) made Hoya wonder about what Tablo had said, that is was hard to tell whether Dongwoo was a perfect genius or a complete idiot... Did he not remember the conversation they had this morning? Probably not, they had eaten since then.

So as Dongwoo jumped into his shoes and dashed out the door, Hoya wandered over to the couch and grabbed the TV remote. Trying to calm his nerves by flicking through channels, he didn't notice Sunggyu emerge from the bathroom drying his hair with a towel.

"Anything interesting?" Sunggyu asked as he threw himself onto the opposite end of the couch Hoya swears to god he didn't jump... at all.
"Nothing much, mostly dramas..." Hoya managed to not stutter, which he was thankful for. The turmoil in his mind was wreaking havoc on his nerves, it felt like his heart was trying to leap out of his chest. So Hoya decided it would be best to wait a while before he said anything.

Hoya peeked to his right to look at his friend. He was wearing the sweats he wore last night to sleep but his shirt had dark patches where the water had dripped from his hair, making it cling to his chest. The towel slung around his neck didn't seem to be doing its job very well. Hoya gulped as he watched a drop of water hang from the end of Sunggyu's tousled hair, his side profile illuminated from the glow of the TV in the dimly lit room. His heart jumped.

Oh god... He was starting to think he'd never calm down. He was starting to feel hot and bothered at the thought of even saying his name. The frustration Hoya felt made him want to pull his hair out. He was just going to have to say something. There was no point in trying to calm himself anymore. Why did he have to be so... so... emotionally retarded?

"Errr..." Hoya cleared his throat, cringing at the sound he'd made. Blushing slightly at his eloquent start to the conversation. Sunggyu looked over to him.

"Yeah?" The expectant look in Sunggyu’s eyes made him want the ground to open up and swallow him whole… or a meteor to crash right on top of him… or have a sudden heart attack (which he felt he wasn’t far from)… anything, just anything to make this situation less awkward. All he could do was look down at his lap and chew on his lip.

Sunggyu picked up the remote to mute the TV and shifted so he was facing Hoya, leaning his arm across the top of the couch. “You wanna talk about what’s been bothering you, right?” Hoya nodded his head as he didn’t trust his voice after the earlier betrayal. “Remember what I said yesterday, no judging… I’m all ears.” Sunggyu sat waiting patiently for Hoya to sort his thoughts, knowing he wasn’t the type of person to speak rashly.

Hoya’s mind was going a mile a minute. He was trying to find a good starting point that would include the least amount of embarrassment. It didn’t seem to be working out very well for him, until a sudden thought popped into his head. Still not looking up, he began slowly. “Do you... do you remember when Chunji came to our dorm… and, he was crying. Demanded to see Sungjong straight away. Then they locked themselves in the bedroom for 2 hours to talk, and Sungjongie threatened anyone who interrupted with exposing ‘attractive’ photos of said person...” The confusion on Sunggyu’s face was understandable.

“Yeeeaaah…” Sunggyu nodded slowly as he tried to think why he was bringing this up.

“Do you…” Hoya sighed, closing his eyes, “…remember why he came to talk to Sungjong?” Hoya could feel his face flush instantly and lowered his head, hoping his hair would cover most of his face. The few moments while Sunggyu thought made his heart accelerate to the point where he could hear his heartbeat in his ears.

“Wasn’t it because he was confused about something? Oh, what was it now? Erm…” Sunggyu clicked his fingers as he scrunched his face up in concentration. His face lit up as the thought struck. “Oh yeah, I remember! It was because he was confused about all these new feelings about this person he liked, blah blah blah, loads of wishy washy girly stuff about feelings… It was just before he got together with L.Joe, right? That was why he was so confused, because he had feelings for… a guy…” Hoya looked up as he saw Sunggyu’s eyes widen in realisation. Jackpot. Hoya felt a degree of relieved now that he had managed to get the message across. The only thing he didn’t think about was what he would do afterwards.

If the situation was any different, he would have found Sunggyu’s facial expression absolutely hilarious. His jaw seemed to have detached itself as his mouth formed a perfect ‘o’. The only movement Sunggyu made was repeatedly blinking as he processed the thought. For someone who was supposed to be the intelligent leader of the group, sometimes he was a bit… slow.

As embarrassed as Hoya felt, he managed to keep his head up and eyes on Sunggyu’s face so he could try and interpret his reaction. He looked lost. It was rare to see the leader in such a state that it made Hoya smile. He never thought he’d see his hyung look so young and unsure of what to do. For some reason, it made him feel less embarrassed. Less like he wanted to be eaten up by a hole in the ground. More like he wanted to talk it out rather than run away and hide.

“I guess you weren’t expecting that.” Hoya mumbled, fiddling with the material of his sweat pants. Sunggyu’s head snapped to look at him, clearing his throat. If Hoya had looked closer he would have seen the slight flush on Sunggyu’s cheeks.

“Well it wasn’t in my top five suspected reasons if I’m honest…” He trailed off. The way Sunggyu was looking at Hoya made him squirm and look away. It was as if Sunggyu was trying to look through his eyes like they were open doors to see his deepest thoughts. “There’s something else though isn’t there? The way you explained it could mean more than one thing…” Well, clever Sunggyu seems to have kicked in. Damn… Hoya knew he wasn’t going to be able to hide anything now. There was no way you could hide something when Sunggyu was like this maybe it was Dongwoo’s influence. Maybe if he just pretended to be interested in the drama still playing on the TV...? “As much as I hate to push Hoya I’ve seen how much this has been making you stress lately, I think it would be better if you talked about it…” Sunggyu reached to cup Hoya’s chin, turning it so he was looking at him. Hoya could feel his resolve crumbling under Sunggyu’s encouraging gaze.

“It’s not that I don’t want to talk about it… Just…” Sunggyu dropped his hand, nodding. He understood how things like this were hard for Hoya to say out loud.

“Well, let me help out then.” Hoya didn’t know why that made his heart jump in his chest. “From what you told me earlier there are three options. Either, one, you’re confused about recent feelings towards guys in general. Two, confused about urges towards a specific guy. Three, you think you might be in love with a guy?” Sunggyu just looked at him expectantly, confident that he had gotten it right. “Personally I think it’s either one or two. Option three seems a bit… extreme.” The thoughtful expression on his face as he tried to lighten the situation made Hoya laugh. He knew his hyung could be cute, but it came out when you least expected it. He was too busy laughing to notice the soft smile on Sunggyu’s face grow as he watched his dongsaeng.

“You’d be right about that.” Hoya managed to calm his laughter to chuckles. Hoya pulled his legs onto the couch to sit cross legged. He felt more comfortable talking with his hyung than anyone else. He’s glad he managed to get over most of the embarrassment he felt earlier. The way Sunggyu was trying to help him made him feel as though this was just a small thing he never needed to worry about in the first place. He couldn’t seem to wipe the smile from his face. “I think it’s mainly option one. Maybe a bit of… erm… a bit of two as well.” It didn’t mean he didn’t still feel a bit shy though. The thought of admitting to his hyung that he’s been getting urges towards a certain person him made Hoya's stomach do back flips. His nerves were still in tatters but they were slowly managing to piece themselves back together.­­­­­­

“Hmmm… mind me asking who?” Sunggyu asked with a cheeky smile.

“Mostly it’s the members.” Hoya’s mouth ran away before he thought to stop himself. The blush creeping across his cheeks didn’t go unnoticed as he internally scolded himself for letting that slip, embarrassment returning tenfold.

“I’m also guessing you didn’t mean to tell me that.” Hoya groaned and buried his head in his hands, making Sunggyu laugh and pat his back in sympathy. As Hoya sat up again and fanned his flushed face, it struck Sunggyu why Hoya would have been unwilling to reveal that. The members included him. Sunggyu. Hoya had been having these feeling about the members… about him…

“What do I do about it though? I can’t stop it. It’s just random thoughts, during dance practise, interviews, performances… anywhere and anytime.” Hoya couldn’t help the stream of words flowing from his mouth. Sighing, he rubbed his face with his hands. All of the earlier joking faded, leaving him feeling sombre. He felt calm for the first time in so long, but after so much time of constantly having your brain running in circles it made him feel… uneasy. He peeked sideways as Sunggyu. He seemed just as calm as Hoya. He was thinking. Hard.

“What exactly are these… urges?” This took Hoya by surprise. The look on Sunggyu’s face was deadly serious. Why did he have to ask that? Hoya mentally slapped Sunggyu, why would he ask the one question that made him want to literally die to avoid this topic? Why why why why why? For what felt like the millionth time that week, Hoya sighed. Well, if he was gonna feel uncomfortable he might as well make Sunggyu uncomfortable too…

“Well… It started off with little things. Like being… intrigued in other members’ bodies. Wondering how hard Woohyun’s abs were compared to Dongwoo’s. What if would feel like to run my hands over them. Nothing weird… Just curiosity. But then I started to have dreams about... actually doing it.” Hoya took a deep breath to steady himself. Glancing at Sunggyu, he was met with an unreadable gaze. Sunggyu nodded at him however to urge him to continue. So he did. “Erm… Yeah… It wasn’t really the dreams that frustrated me, at first they just confused me. But, after a while I started to imagine what it would be like to… to do more.” To kiss, touch, tease, ... everything... Hoya couldn’t continue anymore. He couldn’t physically bring himself to delve deeper into the subject. He already had a few images pop up in his head (a bead of sweat rolling down Woohyun’s torso while he danced, Myungsoo’s tongue peeking out to his lips as he smirked). Hoya had managed to repress the thoughts, it had become easier with practise... but he feared if he told Sunggyu more it would result in a rather painful and obvious tent in his pants.

“So you want to know how to make these thoughts stop?” Sunggyu’s voice was low and serious, Hoya couldn’t even bring himself to look at him. He felt vulnerable from the amount of detail he had shared with the older. The thought that Sunggyu might have figured out that he had these thoughts about him too… mainly about him his toned arms pinning him to a wall, the vein on his neck pulsing as Hoya ran his tongue over it, his plump lips wrapped around his...

Hoya slowly nodded his head. His heart rate started to increase again. Beating harder and faster. Finally, he would have some light shed on this situation he had been pulling his hair out over for the past few weeks. He waited silently, like a statue for Sunggyu to speak… However, what he heard made his heart skip a beat.

“Fulfil your curiosity.” Hoya’s eyes met Sunggyu’s. When they did he saw Sunggyu’s gaze was unwavering. He seemed unfazed by what he had said. Hoya felt as though he may have missed something. Sunggyu seemed way to calm to be someone who just told his dongsaeng to go experiment with his uality.

“And how exactly do you suppose…?” Hoya spoke carefully, half expecting to wake up from this obscure dream like scenario. Surely Sunggyu wouldn’t suggest something like that, they were idols. If this got out, or he was caught... surely he wouldn't suggest..?

“I’m willing to help if you need a partner.” Now Hoya knew he must be dreaming. He had to be. The seriousness in Sunggyu’s face, the fact that the object of his desire was offering himself to Hoya couldn't be coincidence. Sunggyu scooted closer, bumping his knee against Hoya’s to try wake him from his trance like state. “You’re curious right? About what it would be like to… If it will help to rid you of the questions you’re having then I’m willing to… help.” Sunggyu held Hoya’s gaze as he stared dumbfounded at his hyung. All Sunggyu saw was confusion in the younger’s eyes. He hadn’t known what possessed him to say what he did, but he had to help the other out somehow, right?

Hoya was still trying to get his head around the situation. Why would Sunggyu offer to do such a thing for his dongsaeng? His friend? What was he thinking when he offered to help? Why..?

Hoya was snapped out of his thoughts as he saw Sunggyu move. The arm that Sunggyu had rested on the back of the couch had moved to rest gently around the back of his shoulders. When Hoya turned to the right to look at his hyung, his face was closer than expected. His eyes were inquisitive, but cautious. Hoya couldn’t breathe. He could see the faint blush on his skin, the shine in his eyes, how his eyelashes brushed his cheeks as he glanced down at Hoya’s parted lips. He could hear his heart beating in his ears again as Sunggyu looked back up to his eyes.

“If you want to stop just say.” Sunggyu’s warm breath fanned against his skin, making a shiver run all the way down his spine. Hoya didn’t get a chance to process what was said as Sunggyu leaned in the final inch and lips met lips.

It was a soft kiss, simple and sweet. When Sunggyu pulled back, Hoya finally managed to take a deep breath, revelling in the goose bumps that Sunggyu’s kiss had induced. When their eyes met, Hoya’s betrayed him. In a situation like this, Hoya’s should have been wide with surprise and innocence… not filled with the desire he had tried so hard to hide. He felt Sunggyu raise his right hand to the side of his face as he leaned in again, pressing more forcefully. Hoya couldn’t stop the whimper from escaping, as his hand instinctively went to Sunggyu’s damp hair, pulling him closer as their lips connected again and again.

Hoya’s thought process had gone completely, all he could think about was the soft lips pressing against his repeatedly. The feel of lean muscle under the hand he had placed on Sunggyu’s chest. The silky damp strands of hair as he ran his fingers through it. The shivers left behind Sunggyu’s hand as it trailed down his chest and rested on his waist.

They pulled apart slightly as they gasped for oxygen, Hoya’s hands shaking and Sunggyu’s breathing uneven. The older's eyes mirroring the desire that was burning inside Hoya… the look made his skin feel hot. They gravitated towards each other again, just as their lips brushed…

BANG! They jumped apart as the front door was slammed open, followed by the members running through the living room to either go collapse in their beds or join the two in front of the TV. Sungyeol was the only one to notice the controlled expression on Sunggyu’s face and Hoya wiping his wet hand on his sweats.