Chapter 1

What does the leader do, when a member becomes distant...?

 

Sunggyu was sat staring at his reflection in the giant mirror infront of him. The noona styling his hair was unaware of the brooding mood he seemed to be in. He couldn't seem to put his finger on what was bothering him. He pouted at his reflection, of course he knew what it was, he just didn't know what to do about it. His friend... one of his best friends... it seems nowadays that they have become distant from one another. Well, Hoya seemed distant from everyone, even Dongwoo.

But that was beside the point, it was his duty as leader to find out why the boy was being so quiet... It was unusual for Hoya to be like this. Normally if something bothered the younger he would go to Sunggyu for advice, or go to Dongwoo, or Woohyun. Anyone... but Sunggyu had asked all the members, not digging for details but just to ask if he has approached any of them with a problem. Nothing... Nada...

Sunggyu turns his eyes to where Hoya is pretending to sleep on the couch behind him. He knows he's pretending, the crease in his brow makes it obvious. Maybe not? He looks around to see the rest of the members trying to be quiet so they don't wake him. But Sunggyu can see it, he always has been able to, he has to be able to see the small things to keep the group running smoothly.

"Right, all done Sunggyu-shi." The noona smiles at him as she puts down the hairspray and wipes the wax off her hands.

"Thank you." Sunggyu returned a small smile as he got up, turning to see the rest of the members sat in a circle playing cards. Sitting in the empty arm chair he watched with a smile as his boys play quietly, laughing and joking as always. Yet his eyes drift back to Hoya, he looks so small curled up on the couch, head resting softly on a cushion so he doesn't squash his hairstyle. Hoya looks a little thinner than usual, maybe it's all the extra practise for the comeback today, maybe he wasn't eating when Sunggyu wasn't watching...

Sunggyu felt a pang in his chest.