chapter 7: life together..continued...

Wedding Dress

The next day, Jiyeon got up early and made breakfast.

Lee Joon walked down the stairs and ruffled hair.

He saw Jiyeon making breakfast and smiled.

“You don’t have to do that you know,” he said.

Shocked, she turned around and said, “Oh, its okay, I should do something since I’m living here for the time being…”

“Fine…” Lee Joon smiled.

He walked over to the TV and turned it on.

He flipped to the news channel and the reporter was reporting about the headline news.

“So, today’s headline news: One of the most anticipated weddings of the year between Mr. Kang Joongki and Mrs. Park Jiyeon turned out to be a disaster. The bride apparently ran away…”

Lee Joon immediately turned off the TV.

Jiyeon walked over and said, “Turn it on, I want to know what they are going to say.”

Lee Joon refused but Jiyeon took the remote from him and turned the TV back on.

“So it seems like there would be no merge between the 2 big companies in Korea, Kang PLC and Park PLC. Well, it also seems as if the CEO of Kang PLC, and Mr. Kang Joongki’s father, Mr. Kang is not happy. Here is what he said at an interview.”

“I am truly disappointed at what CEO Park and his family did to my son. They have greatly hurt him and I will not let them off. They are liars and should not be trusted…”

Jiyeon turned off the TV and sat down on the sofa before her legs gave way.

She rubbed her forehead and sighed.

She never knew that if she ran away from the wedding it will create such a big problem.

Lee Joon knew Jiyeon was really stressed out so he quickly cut off her thoughts and said happily, “So, what’s for breakfast?”

It was 12 noon and the doorbell rang.

Jiyeon was taking a shower so Lee Joon went to answer the door.

It was Hyomin.

He let her in and she sat down on the sofa.

“Oppa, everyone is finding Jiyeon, do you know where she is? She totally disappeared after the wedding yesterday…” she said.

Lee Joon was about to reply when Jiyeon walked out with a towel on her head.

“Jiyeon?” Hyomin said, surprised.

“Oh, unni, hi.” Jiyeon replied softly.

There was silence for a few seconds as the atmosphere became really cold and awkward.

“Oppa, can I talk to you privately for a while?” Hyomin said and pulled Lee Joon to the balcony.

“Oppa, how can you let her stay here? I know she is our best friend but I mean how can a guy and girl live together in one house?” Hyomin complained.

“Hyomin ah, it’s just for the time being and you know she has nowhere else to go…” Lee Joon said.

“Fine, oppa, but it’s because I trust you and Jiyeon.” Hyomin said.

They went back into the house.

Jiyeon looked worried, “Unni ah, if you don’t like it I can move out…I don’t want you guys to fight because of me.”

Hyomin came over and hugged Jiyeon, “It’s okay Jiyeon ah, I trust you and we’re best friends.”

Jiyeon smiled, relieved.

Hyomin left shortly later with Lee Joon’s promise they’ll go out tomorrow.

As she walked down the path to her car, she felt a pang of worry in her heart, and she did not know why.

She looked back at the house for a moment but finally got into her car and drove away.

Along the journey back to her house, she kept questioning herself if it was the right thing to let Jiyeon stay there and if she should tell Jiyeon’s parents.

At last, she hit her head lightly and said to herself, “How could I betray Jiyeon? She is my best friend, I should trust her…”