ღ 4 ღ

A Ray of Hope

 

2Yoon - Nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEIGWhvuqoA

 



 

 

"Daehyun?" Suzy looked at the little boy who had the same familiar gait as her brother.

 

He was standing across her, at the other end of a bridge. It was hazy and she couldn't get a good glance at his face. But she knew it was him. She felt something clenching her heart and this brought her to tears.

 

"Daehyun-ah... Noona misses you." she tried to stash away the tears in her eyes but it couldn't be helped, it escaped from her eyes.

 

The boy didn't turn to look at Suzy, instead, he took a few baby steps and stopped when he was at the edge of the cliff. His whole body was trembling and it was obvious that he lost the strength in his legs. He scuffed his sneakers against the cold hard ground and lifted his ankle, threatening to take another step.

 

"No!" Suzy stretched out her arm and sprinted towards the little boy. 

 

She didn't manage to catch up with him, by the time she already reached the other end the boy has already jumped off the bridge. She stumbled towards the railing and looked down devastatingly at the boy. There was a splashing sound made by the water underneath. 

 

"Daehyun!" she wailed. 

 

"Suzy! Suzy!" she felt something shaking her vigorously. 

 

"Mom?" she upsprung from her bed upon realizing that it was only a dream. 

 

Suzy blundered around in the darkness, desperately searching for her mother's arms. All that she needed was a hug to calm her down. She was always having nightmares about Daehyun doing something risky. 

 

"I dreamt about him again." she sobbed.

 

Mrs. Bae gave her daughter a pat on the head and comfortingly her hair. "Everything's going to be okay."

 

"Mom, what do you think would happen to us if Daehyun was still alive?" Suzy sniffed.

 

"He is still alive." Mrs. Bae tightened the hug and rubbed her daughter's back.

 

"No, Umma. I'm not young anymore. You can't fool me with those jokes just like what you did to me when I was younger. You said that I will be able to see again after sometime but I'm still waiting for that "sometime"." Suzy sobbed even harder. 

 

"He is still alive. He's in our hearts." Mrs. Bae drawled.

 

With that reply, Suzy kept shut and closed her eyes tightly. She was speechless.

 


 

"How was your sleep?" Daehyun guided Suzy towards the nearest desk.

 

"It was not that great." she sighed.

 

"You had a nightmare I suppose?" he inquired. 

 

Suzy nodded tardily with a pained expression on her face. She was quiet, playing absentmindedly with her hair. Daehyun couldn't bear to see her in pain. He slowly approached her and sat beside the space beside her. Then, he pulled Suzy tighter against his hard chest, tucking her head under his chin.

 

"I'm here for you." he buried his face into the top of Suzy's head and she could feel his smile. 

 

"Thank you." she hugged him back.

 

After a few moments, they carried on with their lesson. 

 


 

The same familiar voice pulled Suzy from her reverie. She was daydreaming while resting her head on her shoulders which was already on the table. She knew that it was Sun, the guy who sang last night.

 

"Is that you?" she staggered towards the wall which acted as a barrier between them. 

 

"Moon?" he rumbled a laugh.

 

"Yes it's me." she replied cheerfully. 

 

"I heard you screaming this morning, what happened?"

 

"It's nothing." Suzy's voice tilted, she wanted to change the subject. 

 

"How's your day?" his familiar voice sent a wave of wistfulness through Suzy.

 

She wanted to know his real name but she's afraid to ask. 

 

"It was great as usual, how about you?" she replied in an amicable manner.

 

"So-so. I've to look for a job." he sighed. "I might get thrown out of my own house."

 

Suzy's nose flared in bewilderment. She didn't want to lose her new found friend. It's been long since she communicated with someone outside of her family zone. 

 

"I-I'll help you!" Suzy stammered. 

 

"You don't have to. I can handle it." Sun said in between his chortle.

 

"But I still insist." she pushed.

 

"All right." he let out a light laughter. "Want to meet up tomorrow at the coffee shop?"

 

"How am I supposed to look for you?" she murmured.

 

"Pardon?" she could barely hear her.

 

"I said nothing!" Suzy said in a baffled manner.

 

"See you tomorrow." he cooed.

 

"Wait... You might avoid me if you find out that I'm blind." she said to no one in particular.