Gay

Prehistoric

               “Hyung,” he greeted, plopping himself beside me with his notebook in hand.

“Hi, Minnie. What’s up?” I smiled, ruffling the his black bob slightly. The cute 15 years old maknae of my band pouted, showing his notebook. Seriously trying to kill me with his cuteness.

                “I got this.. essay on History class and I just forgot about it the whole weekend so I only got one day left to finish this. Would you help me, hyung?” Taemin stared at me with his with big, teary eyes, looking desperate.

“I’m not the best in my history class either, Min, but I guess since it’s tenth grader’s material, I can help.” I smiled as I nodded.

“Here’s my task, it’s about the prehistoric age and the teacher wants me to add someone’s opinion about the prehistoric age. Honest opinion preferred.” The younger said, handing out his notebook to me.

                Indeed, half of the essay are done, except the opinion part.

“So, can you help me, hyung?” He glanced back at me once again.

“Okay. So.. all I have to do is telling you what I think happens in the prehistoric era, right?”

“That’s the point.”

                “Let me think about it first..”

....

                Prehistoric era.

Dinosaurs. Caveman. Fire. Cave.

.

.

                An eruption on the west side of the land a few days ago made the ecosystem a bit unsteady. But it brought good alteration to a group of caveman accross the big riverbank.

“You won’t believe it, there are a huge amount of fishes being dead after the boom!” A caveman with strong jaws and fierce eyes announced with a grin. He looked totally like Jonghyun, only dirtier and a bit bulkier that the dinosaur-like vocalist used to be.

His short, spikey hair bounced up as he excitedly explained his discovery to his other friend, who is currently trying to make fire. This other guy, who was presumably taller that the-caveman-that-looked-like-ing-kim-jonghyun (we’re going to call him TCTLLFKJ until I came up with a better name, that is.) looked at TCTLLFKJ with his narrow eyes while signaling to the fire stones he was holding.

“Ugga-hyun. I’m trying to make fire here, Ugga-bum will nag at us the whole sunset if his hot bath isn’t ready before Ugga-ho comes back from hunting.”

Ugga-hyun? What the hell? And more importantly, why did the other guy looked like Jinki hyung? (let’s call him TCTLLFLJ)

Ugga-bum better not be Key and no way in hell my god-like name would turn into Ugga-ho, even in the most prehistorical way possible.

                “But Ugga-ki, the fish might all be finished by those humongous cats if we don’t collect them! It’s such a good opportunity!” TCTLLFKJ –or Ugga-hyun-) persuaded TCTLLFLJ –Ugga-ki, as if Ugga-hyun for Jonghyun and Ugga-ki for Jinki. Thank god it wasn’t Ugga-nyu. It sounded even weirder- with all his ability.

Ugga-ki shrugged, yet he continued to struck fire from the stones. Apparently, Ugga-bum was feared.

                “Beside, if we had lots of fish, we won’t be able to finish them I such a short time and long-stored fish is not good for Ugga-min’s health.” Ugga-ki retorted.

Ugga-min? Did that supposed to be Taemin?

Despise all the absurdness of this prehistoric era, a caveman version of Taemin still tickled my curiousity. How would he look as a caveman?

                “Ugga-ki, Ugga-hyun. Ugga-bum wants some fruit, do you want to accompany me to the woods?” A lean, clearly youngest caveman appeared. As if granting my wish.

“Let me accompany you, Ugga-min!” Someone shouted from afar, while carrying a deer-like mammal on his shoulder. No way in hell. Ugga-ho was definitely me. Eventhough he had such a dready name, he didn’t look that bad, though. I never looked bad.

“Ugga-ho! Thank you,” Ugga-min –i’m positive he’s my Taemin in a prehistorical verse. His beauty remained as divine-

                A small blush crept on Ugga-ho’s mud stained handsome face was visible for me, even when Ugga-min couldn’t see it.  

Taemin, always being so oblivious even way back then.

While me, always being so gay, even way back then.

.

.

                “Hyung!” A whine of his dragged me back to the real world, I  didn’t even realizing that I was spacing out.

“What do you think happened in the prehistoric era?”

Ugga-ho.

                I looked deep in his eyes, “Well, minnie.

.

.

I think gay people exist even in the prehistoric times.”

 

And for the truth I was saying, Taemin left me with a frustrated sigh.