Chapter 02

Bandaid

 

 

 

“Good morning passengers! This is your captain speaking. We are now about to land in Incheon International Airport. The time now is 9PM KST.”

 

Eunyoung yawned as she woke up with her neck feeling stiff. But all discomfort got thrown out of her mind as she realized that the plane has finally reached Korea. She stared at the wallpaper of her phone, a picture of a calendar with the date today marked in red pen.

 

“Let me be with you Eunyoung..”

 

She boarded off the plane and fell in line to get her luggage. But her presence of mind is not with her. Her thoughts travelled back to that one morning on the rooftop at this same date.

 

She walked out of the gate with her luggage in tow when she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

 

“Noona!! Eunyoung noona, ppali!!”

 

She turned around to see Chaejin wildly waving his hands in the air. A smile graced her lips, that kid’s still the same goofy Chaejin she remembered.

 

But as soon as she turned her sight to the person beside him, her heart started beating fast again. She shook her head with a small smile. Funny how even after five years, she’s still reacting the same way whenever she sees him.

 

“Seyong-oppa...” her feet automatically walked towards him and stopped when she’s finally standing in front of him.

 

“Annyeong.” was his only greeting before she engulfed him in a tight hug.

 

“I missed you..” she whispered as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

 

His warmth.. one of the things she missed during those six months that she’s away from him. Simple calls just won’t suffice.

 

“I missed you too. But I just kept reminding myself that you’ll be back in no time..” he leaned near her ears and whispered. He combed his finger through her hair and held her tighter.

 

“Aigooo. I feel like a third wheel here. Hyung! Let me hug noona too! I missed her too!” Chaejin whined.

 

“Dongsaeng, no matter how you look at it, you’re really the third wheel here. So how about you give them some privacy and go with me?” Insoo, who’s also wearing casual clothes as the other two MYNAME members, suddenly appeared to drag Chaejin away.

 

“Eunyoung-ah, annyeong!” he greeted Eunyoung while still grasping on Chaejin’s shirt collar. “I’m glad you’re back. That fella may act cool and calm right now, but he’s such an ahjumma when you were away. He’s always moody.” He said, referring to Seyong.

 

“Yah! That’s not true.!” Seyong exclaimed at Insoo’s retreating back.

 

Eunyoung only laughed and held Seyong’s face to make him look at her. The teasing look on her eyes distressed Seyong even further.

 

“Yah, don’t believe Insoo hyung. That’s not true..”

 

Eunyoung raised her eyebrows, “Jinjja?”

 

He nodded.

 

Eunyoung unlooped her hands from his neck and stood away from him. “Let’s go then.” She said while dragging her luggage in hand and walking off.

 

Seyong could feel Eunyoung’s irritated aura from behind so he immediately caught with her and took the luggage away from her hands. “You win. I’m moody when you were away. Happy now?” he said as he carried her things with his left hand and held her own hand with his right.

 

Eunyoung grinned. She didn’t plan on acting childish as soon as she got off the plane, but seeing Seyong vehemently deny Insoo’s accusations was cute.. at least to her, it is.

 

She halted her steps and hugged him tight sideways, nodding enthusiastically. “You lost the argument  too soon.. But that’s alright. It’s still cute.”

 

“Cute? I remember you telling me four years ago that I’m hot—Ouch!” he was cut off by a pinch to his side from Eunyoung. “Damn, that hurt!”

 

 

“Why do you keep bringing that up? That’s unfair!” Eunyoung pouted.

 

“You said it yourself.. your boyfriend is hot..” Seyong said with a grin.

 

Eunyoung scoffed and looked at him disbelievingly, “Aigoo, you’re full of yourself, aren’t you?”

 

“Are we talking about the ‘I am hot’ part or the ‘I am your boyfriend’ part? Because as far as I know, both are true.”

 

Eunyoung stuck her tongue out. “That’s so childish, oppa.”

 

“I learned that from you..” Seyong retorted. “Come to think of it, I learned a lot of my habits from being with you for three years now.”

 

“Make it four, oppa.”

 

Seyong raised his eyebrows, “We’ve been together for three. I’ve known you for two before we became officially together. Shouldn’t that be five?” he asked, confused.three

 

“I wanna comment on your math skills—”

 

“Don’t.”

 

Eunyoung pursed her lips as Seyong has quickly cut her off before she could even say it.

 

“Aegyooo~” Seyong pinched her puffed cheeks, and gave her a peck on the lips. Some of the fans from a distance shrieked as they captured the sweet moment with their camera. But the couple seemed to have not noticed them. Seyong and Eunyoung showed no uncomfortable reactions or anything even if there are a number of cameras flashing their way.

 

They have grown accustomed to it since four years ago when they first announced their relationship to the public. Back then, some of both groups’ fans were against it. Eunyoung received a quite a number of messages from MYNAME fans but she understood that it’s mostly because they are concerned.

 

MYNAME fans grew to love Eunyoung over the years. The Seyong-Eunyoung couple, although they had quite a number of arguments all throughout the three years of being together, had been the first idol couple of their generation to have a stable relationship. Eunyoung became the honorary member of MYNAME in the group’s and their fans’ eyes.

 

“Seriously though, why four? It should be five or three.” Seyong brought up the topic again as soon as they got in his car leaving Insoo and Chaejin behind for Gunwoo to pick them up.

 

“I included the one year you spent wooing me.” Eunyoung said with a big grin.

 

Seyong groaned as he remembered that one year. That one morning in the rooftop of Two X’s apartment building was the first time he confessed his feelings and it is also the first time Eunyoung had rejected him.

 

“People still can’t believe you’ve rejected me twice before we got together..” Seyong commented while focusing his eyes on the road.

 

“I love you Kim Seyong...”

 

Seyong grinned, “I know.. I already knew that even before you knew it yourself.”

 

Eunyoung scoffed, “You always rub it in my face.”

 

“It took me a whole year and two rejections before I finally convinced you to take a chance with me..”

 

“I know that too. And I’m so glad now that you didn’t give up on me so easily..” Eunyoung said with a sincere tone.

 

“I told you I wouldn’t give up on you..”

 

“You’re one stubborn man, aren’t you?” Eunyoung teased.

 

“It takes a stubborn man to convince an equally stubborn young woman like you..” Seyong said before leaning towards Eunyoung for a kiss when the red traffic light flashed.

 

A smile graced Eunyoung’s lips as she returned the kiss. She missed him. In the early years of their relationship, seeing each other proved to be difficult. Their schedules often don’t match up but they both decided to make up to it by calling each other at night, no matter how busy they may be. And when a solo modelling opportunity from US required her to move to New York for six months, she thought it’s the end for both of them. After all, who would want to be tied down to a woman who is miles away from you?

 

But Seyong has once again convinced her to give it a try—a long distance relationship. And it turned out alright. Seyong even visited her once three months ago in New York when their group was granted a vacation. They realized then just how much they miss each other.

 

“Oh! Oppa, I have a gift for you..” Eunyoung said as she remembered the small wrapped box inside her bag. She took it out and handed it to Seyong.

 

“What’s this?” Seyong untied the ribbon and opened the box to find a lot of cute and colourful bandaids with short messages written on them.

 

Seyong laughed. The gift screamed out ‘Eunyoung’ all over.

 

“What are these band aids for?” he asked.

 

“To thank you... for being like one..  I love you, Kim Seyong..” she said before pulling Seyong into a short kiss.

 

“And I to you, Joo Eunyoung.” He said.

 

Eunyoung looked down at their linked hands and smiled as their couple rings glistened under the sunlight. A wistful smile graced her face.

 

 

 

Love and pain... What people don’t realize is that they’re closely linked together..  People experience different kinds of love all throughout their life. There are times when love will cause pain. And it will leave a wound.

 

But people shouldn’t be afraid of and shy away from love. At the right time, a person will appear and encourage them to open their hearts again. And like a band aid to a wound, he will be there.

 

A  band aid may not be able to heal the wound… only time can do that…

 

But a band aid will cover up the wound and let you forget the pain…

 

until the wound finally heals with time.