You guys look super scary right now

Of Maids and Bosses

It was a cliched start of a girl who had to get money to pay for her sick mother's hospital fee. She would get job after job, to say she was exhausted was an understatement. It caused her to get fired, job after job. She felt like the world was ending, the deepest and darkest depression was slowly setting in as each day passed. But luck was on her side one day, because she helped some stranger out of the kindness of her heart(like she was taught to, because no matter what, be kind to others. And she knew her way around chasing pick-pockets), and that stranger turned out to be the director of the very hospital her ill mother was staying in.

 

The director insisted to repay the young woman, who had become his savior of everything that resided in his wallet. And that was the day Krystal Jung's mother's placement in the hospital became permanent, hospital fees free of charge, and Krystal moved out of their old apartment and lived with the Lius because she got hired as a house maid. Master Liu was also a kind man who wept at Krystal's sad story.

 

Upon arrival to the huge mansion(it might as well have been a castle), she was in awe. She would be living there for as long as she was hired. The beautiful gardens, the fancy yet cozy furniture in each intricately decorated room, the polished wood of each cabinet, the giant kitchen- which would she be in charge of?

 

Her new home had much more than her old one, material and non-material things. It was modern, it was chic, it was warm, it was homely. Krystal was happy. She was only getting a tour from her soon-to-be fellow maid and Master Liu's personal maid Sun Young, but she only felt excitement. All of the staff was just as kind and friendly. Her greeting from Mistress Liu was a surprise- Krystal wasn't expecting a giant hug from being “so cute”. Unfortunately, Master Donghae, Master Liu's eldest child and only son, was away on a business trip.

 

But she digressed. It was her new home. She loved it already.

 

-----

 

“Krystal! There you are,” called Mast Liu.

 

“Did you need something?” Asked the girl.

 

“Oh, no. But I found your position in this house,” replied a cheerful head of the family.

 

Krystal, eager to get to work to repay the man, listened.

 

“You'll be Amber's personal maid.”


-----

 

Krystal didn't really talk to Master Amber. They met, but they exchanged little words. Krystal didn't really have a problem with that considering she though Amber was scary anyway. Short, dyed platinum blonde hair, slightly taller than her, stiff posture, didn't really show emotion. At all. Krystal really didn't really feel comfortable under Amber's intense gaze, she felt she was being judged or something. The first time they “talked” was when Krystal was cleaning Amber's room.

 

She was just organizing things when she heard Amber's voice from the doorway. Krystal turned around, startled from Amber's sudden drop by. She saw her boss leaning against the frame of the door, staring at her.

 

“So do you handle personal requests as well?” The short haired girl asked.

 

“What?” Krystal blurted.

 

“Though, I mean, you are my personal maid, so I guess that makes me your boss, so technically whether you keep your job or not is in my hands and that usually means that... well, I'm sure you can figure the rest out.”

 

Krystal visibly paled. It was down-right immoral.

 

She gulped, “You wouldn't really, would you...?” She probably looked so pathetic right now.

 

The answer she got back make her blood run cold. Amber smirked something on the edge of dark, “Hm... I wonder.” And she left it at that.

 

It was then that Krystal found the only flaw in the Liu Household.

 

-----

Each day went on; Krystal would go to class(because Master Liu wouldn't allow her to go on without an education. He even gave her a little more on her pay check to pay for her classes. He would love to see her blossom as a psychiatrist, and offered her help with resources. He's such a kind man) and come home to do her job, ignoring Amber's irresponsible wants. Because everyday it was just something, whether it was something personal to Krystal(“So... You. Me. My bed. Now?”), or just something stupid(“Hand me the stapler would you?”).

 

The long haired girl didn't know if it was her boss being extra stupid, or if that's how she really was. Either way, it was starting to get on Krystal's nerves because with each passing day, Amber would become more annoying. Like how she started giving Krystal nicknames. Based on different types of gems.

 

“Hiya, quartz!”

 

Speak of the devil.

 

The maid sighed, “Hello, Master Amber.” “Master” was a word that struggled to get past Krystal's clenched teeth.

 

Her employer put a hand to her chin, thinking,“Hm. If this whole intimate thing is going to work, Imma need you to stop being so formal. Just call me Amber!” The androgynous girl concluded cheerfully. Krystal gave her a blank look. “Go on, you ca talk to me like we're friends!”

 

“Then stop bothering me.”

 

And Krystal walked away to resume her duties.

 

Amber stood in her place for a second.

 

“Well she certainly took up on that offer,” she chuckled to herself.

 

-----

 

Krystal really never got used to living in the Liu Household. She would have her moments of content, until her boss would come from down the hallway screaming “Hey, sapphire!” And then use some greasy pick-up line about how both of their names are gems and should therefore get together. But Krystal would just yell at the other, telling her to go away and let her do her job and Amber would only laugh. Krystal was so close to hitting that stupid llama face.

 

-----

 

“I thought I told you I was busy!”

 

“Aw come on, emerald! Technically I'm the one who should be telling you what to do and stuff,” Amber pouted.

 

“I have no obligation to do what you say! Mr. Liu was the one who hired me!” Krystal said.

 

“Eh? It was 'master' first, and now 'mister'? Are you two close or something?”

 

“He told me to just call him 'mister', and it's a lot less awkward than 'master', NOW GO AWAY!” The maid tried to fend off Amber, but it didn't work. Her laughing was really starting to piss off Krystal and just when she was about to say something, Amber ran away, leaving Krystal confused.

 

“I see you're getting along with Amber.”

 

Krystal jumped and turned around, “Mister Liu!” She squeaked.

 

The man only laughed. “Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I just came over here to see what all the commotion was about. Turns out it was just you and Amber.”

 

“Sorry, we didn't mean to make a fuss,” the girl apologized. She made a metal note to kill Amber later. “Honestly, I really don't see how she's so different from Master Donghae...” Krystal sighed. When Krystal met Donghae, he was a gentleman. His unruly younger sister on the other hand...

 

“Oh no, it's fine. It's been a while since I heard Amber laugh that wholeheartedly. Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't have push my ideals onto her.” There was a distant look in Liu's eyes, and Krystal wondered what that meant. It seemed to her that Amber was just being rebellious and irresponsible, but she was able to hold her own when it came to business and politics.

 

“Anyway, I'll continue to leave Amber in your care. I must say though, congrats on making it this far. Usually Amber would fire the maids I hire by this point. Usually they're already gone,” Liu patted Krystal on the back.

 

She nodded and glanced in the direction that her supposed master ran away.

 

-----

 

Krystal was an attractive girl. Everyone knew that. So naturally, she would have guys wanting to date her, and like any normal girl, she had an interest in dating. And that's how she and her boyfriend started out. Just taking an interest in each other. And it was all going well. Until said boyfriend cheated on her with some janky hussy he picked up from whatever bar he went.

 

When Krystal found out, it was dark, she instantly went home, skipping two stairs at a time and threw herself onto her bed in sadness. She didn't bother to turn on the lights. She stopped crying about five minutes ago. Her clock glowed 1:34 AM. She got home around 11:27 PM, she thinks.

 

“Why are you sitting in the dark all by your lonesome?”

 

Krystal glanced towards the source of the voice. It was Amber. Krystal then felt the bed dip next to her; Amber was sitting next to her.

 

“So... I'm sorry about the thing.”

 

Krystal stayed silent.

 

“Judging by the ripped up picture of what's-his-face on your floor, I'm guessing you guys are done?”

 

Krystal still said nothing. Amber, not knowing how to deal with the sulking, scratched the back of her head. “I'm sure he was a jerk anyway. Plenty of fish in the sea. But I guess for right now, you'll be enjoying single life? The benefits of being single: you go by your own rules, no drama but your own, sleep with whoever with no commitment!” Amber tried cheering Krystal up. Krystal remained unresponsive.

 

“So? How about it? I bet I could make you feel better,” Amber snickered.

 

Krystal was silent. Normally, she would either blush and stutter her way out, not clearly saying “No” and finding some moral excuse to just not while inching her way out of Amber's room or she would just stare at her boss with a judging glare and leave, implying her answer. But today, Krystal was not normal. She was totally devoid of emotion. She was past the hurt stage and was now part of the apathetic stage. So after what felt like minutes of silence, she gave Amber a blank and fatigued stare, “Fine.”

 

Amber's eyes grew wide open and her eyebrows shot up into her hair with surprise. She didn't think Krystal would agree. “What?” She blurted out.

 

But her employee ignored her, getting up from her place on the bed and loomed over Amber, growing closer and closer while Amber grew more flustered as the distance between them stared shrinking. The androgynous girl tried escaping by backing away but Krystal followed until Amber's back was flat against the sheets and Krystal was hovering over her.

 

“Uh, Miss Krystal? Don't you think this is too close?” The older of the two was feeling really awkward. This wasn't how she pictured it.

 

Krystal stooped down and whispered in the short haired girl's ear, “What's wrong? I thought you wanted this.”

 

In that moment, Amber's face hardened; She grabbed Krystal's shoulders and flipped them over and pinned the maid to the bed by her hands. Krystal didn't expect the sudden aggression from the short haired girl, she was in a frozen state under Amber's angry and intimidating stare. Their eyes had long been adjusted to the dark, she could see the hard expression on Amber's face. The long haired girl looked away, “What's wrong with you...?” But her small voice had no effect on Amber.

 

Ignoring Krystal, Amber answered, “Yeah, you're right. I do want this. But I want to do it with Krystal Jung, not some pathetic empty shell of her who throws out her self respect.”

 

Krystal continued to look away, not saying anything. Amber sighed and stood up straight. She backed away from the younger, giving her space. “What I want is for Krystal Jung to accept me. Mind and body. You, are not Krystal Jung.” And she walked out, closing the door behind her with a slam not caring if other heard it.

 

On the bed, Krystal continue to lay silence. She knew Amber was right. The thought of being scolded by someone like Amber frustrated her to tears.

 

She didn't bother to change clothes, she grabbed the blanket with a tight grip and yanked it over her head, crying herself to sleep.

 

-----
 

Amber didn't approach Krystal the next day. Or the next. Or even the next. It amazed Krystal how long Amber could hold a grudge, but she didn't know why Amber was so mad at her. Sure, Krystal had a moment of weakness, but all people do. The younger girl was starting to get frustrated. So she stomped her way to Amber's room and opened the door without knocking.

 

Amber, shocked, jolted from her chair. Her hammering heart started calming down when she realized it was just Krystal, so she went back to work, sorting through papers on her desk. “What?” She growled.

 

Krystal's voice was caught in . This was supposed to go a lot more smoothly. “I-”

 

“If you have nothing to say then get out. I'm busy,” Her boss commanded. She didn't even look up.

 

Oh no, Krystal was not having her tactic used against her. Clenching her teeth, she took a big breath through her nostrils and stomped her way towards Amber's desk. She slammed her hands down on the top and Amber looked up from her paperwork.

 

They stared at each other, not willing to give in until Krystal looked away. “I'm... sorry for whatever I did that made you this mad at me...”

 

Amber was silent. She sighed, “I'm not mad at you.”

 

“Then why are y-”

 

“I'm waiting,” stated Amber, who went back to looking at her work.

 

Krystal was confused. Waiting? For what? Or who? Krystal didn't notice her boss getting out of her seat until she felt someone grab her arm. It was Amber.

 

Amber started dragging her towards the door and pushed her out of her office despite Krystal's protests. “Figure it out.” And the door slammed shut.

 

-----

 

Krystal still didn't know what Amber meant, and to be honest, she gave up trying to figure it out. She moved on, from both her ugly break up and Amber's grudge. She started acting like herself again. Coincidentally, that's when Amber started to approach her again, gem nicknames, greasy pick lines and all.

 

They were back to their normal routine of Amber bother the maid while she worked and Krystal scolding her boss over how immature she was. But their banter was filled with more conversation, more Amber wanting to just talk Krystal realized and Krystal didn't have a problem with that. Until the short haired girl wen back to her stupid ways.

 

“You know you want this, ruby. You know you want this,” Amber boasted.

 

“You are aware that I'm never sleeping with you, right?” Krystal stated emotionlessly.

 

“Too soon to tell that to me, topaz. I'll have you in my bed yet!” Amber challenged.

 

“You said you wanted to do it with Krystal Jung. Well Krystal Jung doesn't throw herself all over some obnoxious idiot like you.” The younger smiled towards her boss, and she walked away.

 

Amber watched as she left and shrugged, “Well at least 'friends' is a place to start.”

 

 

Mmmmm “forbidden” relationships....

 

I hope this makes up for all that time I was away \o/ but really, I have no idea what this is.

 

Who knows if I'll make a sequel(with the y times). Considering Amber wants to get in Krystal's pants but Krystal is obviously not amused. (Unless it's Amber crude way of saying she wants to fall in love with Krystal but right now all Amber wants is a friend with benefits)

 

Excuse how gross this is because there are some things I feel could be made better and some extra details. And if there are spelling/simple grammar mistakes please tell me because I haven't edited this because it's like 2 AM and I'm tired @_@

 

I should probably write something for Sulli's birthday... It'll be late but... whatever.

 

-LOOK. IT'S A CUP. DO... THE CUP

 

ps: #AnnaJoinsFX; THAT VIDEO. I CANT. VICTORIA'S CUP BEING PLAIN WEIRD, LUNA BEING A BRAT(<3333333!!!!!) KRYSTAL'S ENGLISHHHHHHH, OMFG TOO-COOL-FOR-ANNA R00DBER AND HER SMOOTH VOICE ENGLISH. I. JUST. CANT. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. (THOUGH POOR BIRTHDAY GIRL SULLI BB DIDN'T REALLY SAY MUCH BESIDES “HAI ANNAH :D” THAT'S OK SULLI. I STILL LOVE YOU AND YOUR PRECIOUS FACE)

 

pps: I WATCHED THAT VIDEO LIKE 15 TIMES ALREADY SO I PRETTY MUCH KNOW EVERY LINE.

 

ppps: the lyric translates to “Your love is too much for me” and you're saying “Your love is diarrhea”