Past Forward

Past Forward

Warm ray of sunrise woke a beautiful lady from slumber. She slowly opened her eyes expecting to see the same chandelier at her room. But she only saw a circular bulb attached to the white ceiling. She turned to her right to see if her wardrobe was still there but what she saw is a window where the sunlight is coming. The to her left only to find out a study table. She got up on a sitting position  to see the whole place. The place was so different. It was not her room. Even the breeze of morning air and the feeling of the atmosphere was different. Like she doesn't belong to the place at all. Very unfamiliar.

"Oh you're awake." A lad's voice resonated from the door. The beautiful lady turned to see him dressed casually with a backpack hanging on his right shoulder while holding a glass of water. The lad came closer and offered the glass of water to the beautiful lady which she gladly received. "Are you okay now?" The lad asked concern. "What is the date today?" The lady asked back instead. "Huh? Uh...February 28."

"Year?"

"2013."

The lady suddenly looked upset after knowing the date and the lad didn't fail to notice. "Are you okay?" The lad asked again. The lady nodded but her facial expression was saying otherwise. 'Where do you live? I could drop you by on my way to school to assure your safety." The lad waited for a few seconds but the lady didn't respond at all. "Miss?-..." Then he realized that the lady is already crying. "I-I'm sorry. Did I say anything wrong?"

"I can't...go back."

"Why?"

"I have....nowhere to go. I don't have anything left to go back to. There's nothing left. My home, my family, my friends. They're all gone. That's why I can't go back anymore."

"May I know what happened?"

[FLASHBACK]

I went to my favorite place in the mountain to practice my violin which I will be playing for tonight's party. I was so into it that I didn't even realized time. It was already dark when I went back home. I opened the door only to find out some visitors lying on the floor with pool of blood covering their bodies. My eyes were widely open and dropped my violin in shock. I don't know if I was just seeing things, hallucinating maybe. But I know that the way my whole body trembles so intensely was real. I went straight upstairs to my parent's room hoping that my assumptions were false. I saw my mom sitting on her racking chair. "Umma...?" I called with my shaking voice. I attempted to hold her hand but I immediately withdrew at the cold sensation of her hand under my skin. That moment, I already knew my mother has passed away minutes ago before I found her. The tears I've been holding in burst out uncontrollably. I was so preoccupied at the thought that my beloved mother was gone that I almost forgot about my father. "Appa..." I ran to my father's study room and found him lying on the floor. "Appa? Appa!" I called out continuously shaking him hoping that he'll at least open his eyes but didn't. It feels like someone poured an ice-cold water all over my body. I looked all over the room and realized that all drawers and cabinets were open. Even the most treasured vault my father was keeping was now open. Was it all because of money? Wealth? I don't know. What should I do? Where should I go? I don't know anymore. Moreover, I don't want to know the reason why. All I just want to do is escape this nightmare. So I took my father's favorite pocket watch and went out of the house walking pass all the bodies of the people I used to know. I walked and walked away from home. I looked at my father's pocket watch and thought time was too rude. This is a tremendous nightmare.

Everything is falling apart and time seems to stop, I wish I could fast forward everything and escape it.

A tear fell on the pocket watch. Then suddenly everything around me became so bright that I couldn't see anything anymore so I just closed my eyes. When I opened my eyes, a car is already dashing to me with it's loud horn honking. My body felt so stiff. I couldn't even twitch a finger. Someone suddenly pulled me in a hug and saved me from death. I looked at him when he asked if I was okay. I was thinking of saying something to answer his question but my vision became blur and my head felt light until I fell totally unconscious.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"The day my family died was today. February 28, 1933."

"But today's February 28, 2013." The lad corrected. The beautiful lady just looked down not knowing how to explain the situation. Then the lad realized why why she asked the date today instead of asking where she is. He examined the beautiful lady from head to toe. It already make sense why she was dressed like that. At first, he thought maybe she's a model so she's required to wear that dress or anything like that. "I'm not from this time. I'm from the past. You don't believe me, do you?" The lad wiped the beautiful lady's tears before speaking. "I believe you. It's okay. You can stay here." He said and smiled. "Uhm, I already have to go to school. I've prepared breakfast. You can look for something you can change for a while from my closet. Stay here and have a rest, okay?" The lady nodded in response.

When the lad was about to go out of the room, "Wait!" The lady said. "Hm?"

"What should I call you? We haven't introduced ourselves yet."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. I'm Zhang Yixing. Just call me Lay. You?"

"Jieun. Lee Jieun."

"Nice meeting you, Jieun-ssi." Lay greeted with a smile.

"Thank you....Lay..." Jieun said sincerely. And Lay couldn't help but smile at the sound of her voice saying his name. "See you..."

- - -

Jieun noticed a familiar watch on the study table and realized it's her father's favorite pocket watch that she took with her. She stood up and strode towards the window. She opened it and inhaled the unfamiliar air. She looked at the view in front of her. It's only the time that changed. But she's still on the same country. She's still in Korea. How come it seems so different? Then she looked back the watch on her hand.

2013, huh? Then it means I traveled 80 years from the past.

She thought and tilted her head upwards to look at the bright blue sky. "Umma, Appa, how are you doing there in heaven?" She sighed and smiled. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.  know it's not going to be easy. But no matter what happens, I'll surely make this world my new home. Umma, Appa, saranghae..."

Jieun fixed the bed before going out of the room. She was amazed  at how the whole apartment looks like. Including the things that are beautifully scattered everywhere. She went t Lay's room and opened his closet to look for something to change into like what Lay have told her. But she couldn't help to raise her eyebrows at the view of his clothes messily hanged and folded inside. "This only proves that he's really a man." She said and chuckled.

- - -

"Guys, can I ask you something?" Lay started while they're changing clothes in the trainee's locker room with his friends. "Sure. What is it?" Kris said in behalf of he group. "Do you believe in time traveling?" The whole group looked at each other obviously perplexed at the sudden random question. But none of them answered his question so he just picked .his bag and said, "Never mind."

Then they agreed to go shopping. They first went to the grocery and picked some food they'll probably need for the week. But the boys became suspicious at the amount of food Lay picked. "Is he planning to inflate his body with foods again?" Xiumin asked. But Chen just shrugged. "Come on. Let's pay for this." He said and gestured at the counter.

Next, they went to the department store to buy new clothes. "You think this would match the shirt I bought last time?" Luhan asked while holding a pants up. No one answered him so he looked at his right side only to find out that the person who was previously standing there was nowhere to be found. "Where's Lay?" He asked Tao who was searching at the other side of the shelf. "He went to that direction just now." Luhan looked at the direction Tao pointed. "Are you sure?" He confirmed after realizing that, that direction was for the lady's section. "Go check if you want." Luhan sighed and did Tao's suggestion.

"Lay, what're you doing there? Come on."

"I'm coming. I'll just withdraw some money." Lay answered and went to the nearest ATM machine.

"Withdraw? But it's only Wednesday. Don't tell me he already used all his allowance for the whole week." Luhan asked himself.

The boys including the cashier looked at each other with wide eyes in surprise. Lay not only presented the clothes he picked for himself but also some clothes for ladies including bras and . Lay rubbed his nape being aware of the awkward stares the people around has been sending him.

"What's wrong with Lay today? Is he sick?" Tao asked in curiousness after Lay left.

"Yeah, he's being weird." Chen seconded. "It's like you're not used to it." Kris said.

"Yeah, but who do you think were those clothes for?" Luhan added. "Hm. I think I have an idea." Xiumin said while flashing a cheeky smile catching everyone's attention.

- - -

Jieun ran to the door when she heard it creaked open. "You're home." She said with a smile. Lay responded with the same smile but has gradually died down at the view behind Jieun. "Uh...I felt bored and I noticed the house's a bit messy so I decided to clean up. Uhm...Don't you like it?"

"No."

"Huh?"

"I-I mean, I like it. I'm just surprised. It's been so long since the last time the apartment became so tidy like this."

Jieun chuckled. "I've prepared dinner." She said as she strode towards Lay and took his bag from his shoulder. Lay felt awkward at Jieun's sudden action. He's not used to it since he's living alone for the past few years so no one's doing any of that for him.

"you know how to cook?" Lay asked as he sat on the dining room. "Yeah. But I don't know if you'll like it 'coz it's from 80 years ago." Jieun laughed. Lay smiled and had a taste of the food. Jieun just stared in anticipation. "What do you think?"

"Mmmh.... Maa!" Lay answered in suspense and flashed his smile again. Jieun sighed in relief. "It's good that I don't have to adjust on cooking anymore..."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I just realized that there are a lot of things to learn in this time. Things that weren't on my time. Like I'm back to zero..."

"Oh, you mean the gadgets? I'll teach you how to use them. I'll also help you to adjust so don't worry. Hm, what do you do on your time by the way?"

"Hm. I go to school. It's an all girl's school. My father's a lawyer and my mother's a plain housewife. After school, I go straight back home. During weekends, I have my private music class, voice lessons and playing instruments."

"Wow. You must came from a wealthy family."

"How about you, what do you do? You said this morning that you're going to school, right?"

"yeah, I'm in high school now. Studying during the day and a trainee at night."

"Trainee?"

"I train to be an idol, an artist."

"Wah~. So there's that kind of thing at this time, huh?"

"It's tough though. It's not that easy to train and be chosen to debut. It usually takes years. And that's why I usually come home late. You take voice lessons, right? Then that means you want to be a singer."

"Hm. Yeah. But that was before. I don't know how am I going to do it anymore..." At that moment, Lay's sure he saw pain in Jieun's eyes. After having their dinner, Jieun took their plates and was about to take it to the sink to wash it but Lay stopped her. "I'll do it."

"Huh? No, it's okay." Jieun insisted to continue but Lay took a hold of the plates. "Come on. I didn't let you stay here to be m y maid." He emphasized in a matter of fact and smiled charmly that caused Jieun to just give up. "I bought you some clothes. Try and check it. It's on your room." Lay said scanning at Jieun who is wearing his Aero shirt that looks loose on her and his boxer shorts which reveals  her flawless thigh. Jieun did as she was told while Lay tried to distract himself at washing the dishes.

- - -

*ding dong* I'll get it." Jieun said heading towards the door. "Annyeonghaseyo." She greeted and bowed. "How may I help you?" The five boys standing outside the apartment were shocked at the sight of the beautiful lady in front of them. "Jieun who was it?" Lay asked coming out of his room. He looked at the door and just ended up scratching his head when he realized who it was.

"Help yourselves." Jieun said serving a pitcher of juice and glasses for the visitors. The boys flashed a smile to Jieun before she left to the kitchen and then gave Lay a care-to-explain look right after. Lay sighed and started explaining everything before they start jumping into wrong conclusions. "Oh, so that's why you're acting weird last time. It all makes sense now." Luhan said after hearing the whole story from Lay.

"She looks pretty fine for a person who lost her family." Chen commented. "But it must also be really painful for her to wish that." Tao seconded.

"Then, why don't we take her out?" Xiumin suggested. "What?" Lay asked not really getting Xiumin's suggestion but sounds more like he's opposing it.

"Come on. Don't tell me you're planning to keep her here in this apartment with you forever. She needs some air you know. Besides, it's weekend."

"Fine. Jieun-ssi?" Lay called out.

"Ne?" This is Kris, Luhan, Xiumin, Chen and Tao. They're my friends and they're asking if you want to join them and have fun together. Is that okay with you?" Jieun looked at the boys' faces and they all looked nice with their cute smiles but she felt a bit hesitant so she looked at Lay. "Are you coming too?"

"of course, I won't let you go out with these guys just by yourself."

"Hey, what do you mean by that?" Xiumin reacted.

"Precautionary measures, Baozi." Lay said and everyone chuckled to that inside joke including Jieun. "Okay, I'll just change for a while." As soon as Jieun closed the door on her room, Kris immediately approached Lay. "Looks like she trusts you so much. I bet she really like you."

"Psh." Lay chuckled and just shrugged the thought off but he couldn't help to take a glance at Jieun's room before proceeding to his own room.

- - -

"Hey guys, where do you want to go first?" Xiumin excitedly asked looking like a kid. Tao wrapped his arms on Xiumin's shoulder and pointed upwards gesturing at the roller coaster. They went to every rides they could find. Horror house, arcades and snacks with picture taking in between. Luhan and Lay were jumping like kids everytime they get a perfect score in dance revolution machine. While Xiumin, Chen and Tao would compete in every game they go. As for Kris of course, he never fails to catch every girl's attention and make them squeal when he pass by. Such a head-turner man. Jieun asked Lay to get her a stuff toy so he played and defeated Luhan just get her the giant teddy bear. And for the whole time, Jieun never left Lay's side. She's always tugging into him like a kid who's afraid to get lost.

At the ferris wheel, Jieun was looking at the scenery but little did she know, Lay was staring at her. The boys really tried to make that day memorable and fun for Jieun.

"Thank you very much guys. I had so much fun with you." Jieun smiled and bowed in gratitude. "That's nothing. We felt the same." Kris said.

"We have to go." Lay remarked. "See you!" Jieun waved goodbye to the boys.

- - -

"Was that the clock you're talking about?" Lay asked and joined Jieun who was staring from afar at the veranda while holding her father's watch. "Ne."

"You miss them?" Jieun nodded with a smile yet with a heavy sigh. "Do you...regret wishing and coming here?" Jieun sated at Lay for a while before shaking her head. "Annieyo. I'm rather thankful.....If I didn't wish to fast forward time, then I might still be in chaos. I might have gone crazy out of loneliness. If I didn't wish that, I won't be able to laugh again, breathe and live. And I'm sure my parent's won't like that. I don't regret wishing and coming here, because of that I'm able to meet the boys, learn and experience new things, continue to live and most especially....I was able to meet you."

After Jieun's statement, they just stared at each other's eyes subconsciously. Until Lay cleared his voice and turned around leaning his elbows on the railing. "Your boyfriend must be lucky. He must be looking for you now..."

" I don't....have a boyfriend."

"I don't believe you." Lay chuckled. "I'm serious. I really don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh..."

"Oh? You're making it sound so sad." Jieun laughed. "No, I'm sorry. I mean, I understand the feeling of being single." Lay defended and they both laughed.

"You know what? Actually, there's this guy..."

"Huh?"

"Back in my time, I occasionally have this dream about a guy. He's about my age and is really charming. I never talked to him in my dream but he would always flash that handsome smile and caress my face."

"But it's weird. After I came to this time, I never had a dream about him anymore." Jieun stated and looked at Lay curiously. "You know what? You kinda look like him." Then she just kept on staring trying to convince herself if she was just imagining or if it's really real. "Never mind." Jieun shrugged after a while. "I'm going back inside." She was about to leave when Lay recalled something or rather someone back during his childhood days. A beautiful lady in blue sitting inside a cafe.

"Wait." He called back.

"Hm?"

"What if..." Lay paused for a while trying to find the right words to say. "What is it?" Jieun asked in suspense. "What if I'm really the man in your dreams?" They stared at each other's eyes again. But right now, both of them were trying to figure out the answer for the question.

- - -

"Yah, Lay, aren't you going to go home yet?" Kris asked. "Later."

"Hurry up. Your girl's waiting at home." Kris teased grabbing his bag on the floor. "Psh. Shut up." Kris chuckled. "Pallie ka."

"Araseo." Up until now, he kept on denying everytime the boys .

Lay stayed and did several rounds of the new routine. But he couldn't deny Jieun's face kept on appearing in his mind over and over again even during class or training. He looked at the mirror and scratched his head. "Aish..." He couldn't understand himself and doesn't know what to do. So he just decided to go home. He bent down to pick his bag up. "Ah!" He exclaimed in pain when he's trying to straighten up. He felt his back is aching maybe because of the new routine they just did today add it up with excess practice. When he got home, Jieun met him cheerfully at the door. As usual, Jieun took his bad from his shoulder and Jieun didn't fail to notice when Lay flinched when she touched his back a bit hard than usual.

"Does your back hurt?"

"Huh? A-Annieyo. I'm fine."

"You don't look like it. Go to your room. Wait for me there. I'll just prepare something, ne?" Lay didn't know but he just did what Jieun said. After a few minutes, Jieun entered his room carrying a small bottle of coconut oil. He brought down the book he's reading when she came in. "Take off your shirt." Jieun said. "Ne?"

"Just do it." Lay hesitantly followed.  "Lay down on your stomach." he doesn't know what Jieun was planning to do but he just did as he was told. Later on, he just felt a weight above his lower back and a warm hand pressing on his back. Followed by a warm bottle being rolled up and down through his spine. "How does it feel?"

"Relaxing..." Jieun smiled at the comment. Little did Jieun know, Lay can't keep calm at the thought of him being trapped between her legs. And the 'hard thing' forming on his lower body is bothering him. When he can't help it anymore, he turned around keeping Jieun on top of him. They stared at his other's eyes (seriously, they never get tired of staring) and Jieun of course, didn't fail to feel that 'hard thing' accidentally rubbed between her thigh. She swallowed the lump on and silently inhaled deeply to calm whatever she's feeling right now. Lay got up on a sitting position making their faces be dangerously close. They paused for a while trying to examine their feelings and the situation while exchanging heavy breaths at the closeness. he caresses her face and Jieun doesn't know but the way he does it feels like a deja vu. It was so breathtaking. He reached for her forehead and kissed it. Gently, going down to her nose and did the same thing. And then to her lips and kissed it soft and gentle. When he pulled away in an attempt to say something but didn't.

"Say it..." Jieun said in a whisper-like voice. "I....I love you..." Jieun smiled so gladly with a misty eyes hearing those words from Lay. "I love you too..." They smiled and hugged each other oh-so tightly. When they pulled away, Jieun willingly opened for Lay's kiss.

- - -

After a week, the boys finally came to know about their relationship. Sometimes - no, always, they would tease the two especially lay when they have a chance. Every weekend, they made it into a habit t go out and have some fun. But these past few days, Lay and the boys have been busy with their midterm exams. "Have some coffee." Jieun said putting a cup of coffee on the tea table where Lay was having a review. "Thank you."

"Looks like you're having a hard time. Need some help?"

"Ne. I've benn looking at this solution for hundred times now but I still can't understand how to get the answer." Lay complained. "Hm. Let me see." Jieun looked at the solution and tried to analyze for a while and explained to Lay the process.

"There, you get it?" She asked after explaining everything. She didn't get any response from Lay so she looked at her only to find out that he's been staring. "Lay."

"Huh?" Lay asked cluelessly as if he's been woken up from a dream. "I'm asking if you understand the explanation."

"Uh, yeah. I do." Lay went back to his notes and now it's Jieun's turn to look at him.

"Wae?" He asked.

"Have I told you before?"

"Hm?"

"You look scary when you're not smiling." Then suddenly, Lay smiled ridiculously and made Jieun smiled so hard. She pinched lay's cheek. "Kyeopta!"

"Oh, before I forgot, we're going to have an open practicum tomorrow, you want to come? The boys wanna see you too."

"Sure."

"Great!"

"Don't go to bed too late, ne? I'm going to sleep." She said and kissed Lay's cheek. She got up and was about to go but Lay held her hand. "Hm?"

"I love you..." Jieun responded with a smile. "Neodu."

- - -

"Oh, look who's here." Xiumin noted. "Hey there, love birds." Kris greeted the couple. And the two responded with a smile. Jieun waved at them while Lay gave his friends a high five. "Break a leg." Jieun said before going to her seat.

"Ji~." Lay called out sweetly. He looked at her trying to convey something through his eyes. Jieun smiled as if getting Lay's message. She came close and tip-toed to kiss Lay on his cheek but then Lay suddenly tilted his head and caught Jieun's lips.

"Ehem!" The boys obviously faked a cough trying to remind the couple that they're in a public place and in training to be exact.

- - -

After the whole program, the group received lots of compliments from their seniors and trainers. The also got a rating of A for their performance. "You guys really did a great job their!" Jieun complemented as they walk at the corridor on their way to the music room. "Thanks." lay said in behalf of the group. "But sorry if we couldn't celebrate because even if we got an A, we're still not exempted in practicing for today. We still need to polish the song we're working at which we're going to perform next week. 'It's okay. I'll just wait and watch at the corner." Jieun sat at the corner of the room and watched the boys practice. Kris was on the drums, Lay on the keyboards, Xiumin and Tao on the guitars while Luhan and Chen for the vocals. It went smooth from the beginning of the song until the middle but when they reached the bridge part, they kept missing the beat and the melody which makes them repeat it several times.

Jieun began playing with her fingers as if playing an invisible piano and then mentally singing. "Wait. What if you change the transition part into a two higher note then immediately shift into a sharp so it would sound like its reaching the of the song." She suggested. The boys looked at each other sharing the same reason. "Can you...demonstrate?" Luhan asked in curiosity. lay gave way for Jieun to use the keyboard. She changed the notes on the music sheet according to what she suggested then began pressing the keys. "What do you think?" She asked after demonstrating. "Wow! It really did sound better." Chen said unbelievingly. Little did they know, someone was watching them from the door.

"Hey, boys. Looks like you're busy." A guy in his mid 30's said walking towards them.

"Sonsaengnim..." Lay mumbled. And all of them bowed in unison follwed by Jieun.

"Who is she?" The guy asked referring to Jieun. "Uh...She's my girlfriend." Lay answered honestly.

"Girlfriend?" He chuckled. "Looks like you've caught one of the best fishes in the sea young man." He said while patting Lay's shoulder. "What's your name?" He directly asked Jieun.

"I'm Lee Jieun."

"I'm Mr. Bang. You're not a trainee here, are you?" Jieun shook her head in response. "Can I borrow her for a while?"

"Huh?"

"You can come if you want."

- - -

Mr. Bang brought them to the recording room and showed some pages of music sheets. "These past few days, we're having a hard time selecting from our female trainees who could sing this song. We're planning to do a debut actually. But none of them suits the concept and can actually sing this. Why don't you try?"

"Huh?"

"Just think of it like you're doing a demo."

The situation was all so sudden and she doesn't know what to do. So she looked at Lay who was standing at the other side of the room trying to get the answer from him. He just smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll try." She finally said. Everyone in the room immediately prepared. Jieun put on the headphone and stared at the music sheet. When she heard the music playing through her ears she took the time to breathe before singing. The title of the song was 'Secret'.

Mr. Bang including the staffs and the boys listened attentively at her voice. They were so mesmerized by how beautifully it was sang. It gives off the feeling of calmness and magic though the lyrics are a bit sad. Right after the music goes off, Mr. Bang gave an applause for Jieun. "I knew the song would be perfect with you."

"Thank you."

"Have I told you? I'm the one who scouted your boyfriend and those boys to be a trainee. How about you, don't you have any plans of entering the industry?"

"I do. Want to be a singer."

"Then why don't you do it instead? Have debut with this song."

"But-..."

"Don't worry we're still going to have at least three months preparation. It's not that going to be easy after all."

"Thank you for your kindness sir. But I'm sorry I can't accept your offer." Jieun said and bowed respectfully. She was about to go when Mr. Bang spoke again.  "I understand. you're maybe in shock by how things were going too fast. But I'll be waiting. The company will always be open for you if ever you change your mind. And this song will be reserved for you." Mr. bang assured. But Jieun didn't say anything and just bowed before finally leaving.

- - -

Jieun felt uncomfortable at her current position so she her right side. She happened to slightly open her eyes and saw a silhouette of a man. She blinked her eyes in case she's just seeing things but she's not. When her view became clear, she realized it's Lay sitting on the study chair. "Lay..."She looked at the clock and found out that it's already 1:45 am. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I just want to look after you and make sure you'll stay."

"What?" Jieun asked confused so she got up to clearly talk to her boyfriend. "Ji, I'm just afraid time would take you back away from me."

"What? That's not going to happen. Please, don't think like that, hm?" She said while cupping his face. "But isn't that the reason why you declined the offer to debut?"

"...No. Definitely, no."

"Then why did you decline the offer?" Jieun hesitated for a while and then sighed before speaking. 'Okay, I admit it. Part of the reason was because of that. I'm also afraid. But mostly, it's because I don't know how am I going to do it anymore. Yes, it's true. I want to be a singer. It's been my dream for the longest time. It's what I've been doing since I was a kid. My mother encourages me to sing. I sing for my father when he's tired because of work. I sing with my friends and have fun together. But now, they're all gone. And I don't know where am I going to start."

After that, there's a moment of silence. Jieun's hand traces Lay's face. His eyebrows, lashes, nose line, cheeks and his soft lips. All of it and the way Jieun did it was just breathtaking. "Lay listen, I don't know how it happened. A magic? Miracle?I don't know. All I know is, time has definitely delivered me here to you. And I believe that's something time and destiny has planned. And I'm sure they won't take back something so precious that easily, hm?"

Lay held Jieun's hand that's cupping his face and kissed her palm then nodded. "Can I...sleep here with you tonight?" Jieun nodded in response. They layed hugging each other in bed. "Ji..."

"Hm?"

"I want to sing with you..." Jieun didn't say anything in response. What is she suppose to say in response to that statement? She doesn't know. So she just snuggled closer to Lay instead.

- - -

lay flung his arm on the other side of the bed in an attempt to hug his girlfriend but no one's there. He shut his eyes wide open and immediately got up. "Ji?" he stopped midway in surprise after opening the door. Jieun was sitting on the living room with a fine-looking woman in her early 40's. "Mom...."

The woman who happened to be Lay's mother hugged him. 'Oh dear, how have you been? We missed you. I didn't know you already have a girlfriend."

"She's not 'that kind' of girl." Lay defensively said.

"Of course..."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I have to meet with some investors here. So I decided to drop by. Can't I visit my beloved son?"

'I miss you too mom. But I'm sorry, I'm really busy. I still have to go to school and I'm sure you're bust too." Lay said nicely but coldly at the same time. "Y-Yeah....Yeah, of course. I'll go ahead then. Take care of yourself, okay? Jieun bowed respectfully before Lay's mom finally left.

- - -

Evening that day while watching TV, "Lay, can I ask something?"

"Sure."

"Uhm..Without the TV..." Sensing that what they're going to talk about is a bit serious, Lay turned off the TV. "You sound serious. What is it?"

"Do you...hate your parents?"

"Of course not."

"Then why did you treated your mother like that this morning?" Lay didn't say anything. He just looked away instead. "She...came back as soon as you left for school."

"What did she say? Did she do anything to you?" Lay worriedly said. "No, nothing like that. We just talked. She told me the reason why you acted like that. That's why I want to hear your side."

"...This is what I want. I've been telling that to them ever since I was a kid. But they never gave a damn. They've never supported me in this fight. Though they've never said it directly but I can feel it. In all of my performances, auditions, they've never been there."

"Do you know why they're like that?" Lay shrugged. "Maybe it's not what they wanted me to be. Maybe they want  me to be like them. SO engrossed at work and business."

"Lay it's not like that."

"Then why?"

"They're afraid."

"Afraid? Afraid of what? That's ridiculous."

"They're afraid that you'll drift away from them. Your world is so different from them. They're afraid that as soon as you develop and indulge yourself into that world, you'll slowly become unreachable. And that fear became their self-fulfilling prophecy. Lay, it's happening. It's happening right in front of my eyes. It's a misunderstanding and it made you think that they've never supported you. But they do. they might not say it but they support you. This apartment, your allowance, your education. If they don't support you in this fight, your mother wouldn't fly across the ocean and find time to visit you despite her bust schedule. lay...I've lost my parents without even having a chance to at least say goodbye to them before they go. But you, you have plenty time to make them feel how much you love them. So as they are to you." Jieun held his hands tightly. "She might still be on the hotel. If you go now, you might still be able to hug her before she goes back."

Once again, Lay didn't say anything and just stared at Jieun. He's not speaking but his eyes says a lot of indefinite words. "Just say it..." Jieun said.

"What am I going to do without you?" Jieun just chuckled. "I'll be right back." Lay said and kissed Jieun's forehead.

- - -

"Ji, I'm back." Lay said while taking off his shoes on the door. No one answered him and no one's in the living room. "Ji?" He called out again as he search on the kitchen. He began to panic and called several times but no one answered. he searched all over the room and found no one. lay definitely doesn't want whatever he's feeling right now. It's a mix of fear, hopelessness and panic. He ran out of the house trying to find Jieun. He kept running wherever his feet take him not really knowing where to start. He doesn't want to think and put into considerations the probability of Jieun going back to her time like what they fear of happening yet he's in panic and trying to find her anyways.

"Ji!" he kept on denying but what if his assumption is right? What is he suppose to do?

"Jieun-ah, please tell me you're still here! Jieun-ah!!!" He shouted hysterically at the park.

"Lay...?" Someone who just came out of the taxi said after seeing Lay. The later turned around to see the owner of the warm voice. Seeing Jieun standing right in front of him seems to brighten up the night. All the worries and fears have been washed away. he came close and hugged her tightly in his arms. He felt so relieved like a heavy weight was lifted from his shoulders.

"Lay, what's wrong?" Jieun asked clueless. Lay buried his face on the crook of Jieun's neck as if wanting to cry. 'You scared me." Then he pulled away and cupped Jieun's face. "Where have you been, huh? I was so worried."

'I just went to the company and accepted the offer."

"Really? I thought you already left me and went back to your time."

"I'm sorry, I made you worry."

"I understand. Don't do that again, okay?" Jieun nodded and received a kiss on the forehead.

- - -

*5 months later*

The boys had their debut three months ago and they've been doing a lot of activities right now in China. They've been bust but Lay always makes sure that he would have time for his girlfriend who's in training and preparing for her debut.

And today is the day. After all the trainings and preparations, Jieun is now ready to show her talent to the world. The talent that came from 80 years ago and have undergone intense training at this era.

All the make up artist and assistants are out of the dressing room. Jieun is now alone waiting for her call and taking her time to look at her father's pocket watch. She was so engrossed at the watch, she didn't even noticed Lay entering the room. "The time has come." He said from behind after noticing the watch.

"Are you nervous?" Jieun nodded. "Don't be I know you can do this. But....I actually understand because that's exactly how I felt on our debut." Lay said honestly and Jieun chuckled.

"You look beautiful..."

"Thank you." Lay just smiled. "No. I mean, thank you..." Jieun emphasized. "Thank you for your existence." Lay didn't say anything but leaned forward instead. He was about to kiss Jieun in a matter of 2 centimeters but the door suddenly burst open. SO they just have to bite their own lips.

"Uh...sorry but...it's already your turn Jieun-ssi..." The intruder awkwardly said.

"Yeah, I'm coming." Jieun strode towards the door but Lay held her back. "You forgot your good luck kiss." He simply said and gave Jieun a peck on the lips and together they left the room.

- - -

*tack plack tack*

A sound of a metallic thing being dropped was heard. It was Jieun's pocket watch which she failed to notice and unconsciously dropped. Not soon after, a delicate hand curiously picked it. Little did that person know what kind of fate he/she'll have after that incident.

- - -

a/n: Here it is guys! I hope you'll like it! I just ship IU with Lay 'coz they look cute and they would really suit each other! It's my first time to use some pictures to illustrate the story. Anyways, this is my little gift for you 'coz I'll be having summer class starting the week after next week. And I'll be enrolling tomorrow so...

I'm gonna wait for your comments, ne?