Missing

Belvedere House

 

Yoona's perspective:
 
 
 
 
I felt a push on my chest and suddenly all of my senses came back to me. I immediately sat up and coughed out all the water. Someone was patting me on my back, helping me let out the water I drank. I looked up and saw everyone's faces in panic.
 
Luhan grabbed my face between his two hands and forced me to look at him. 
 
"Yoona, Yoona! Are you okay?! Can you hear me?! Can you breathe?!" Luhan asked alarmed.
 
I nodded as I was still gasping for air.
 
He sighed in relief and hugged me. I instantly felt safe.
 
"I thought I was going to lose you," he whispered in a restrained voice.
 
"Yoona," I heard Chanyeol say.
 
Luhan broke the hug and this time Chanyeol hugged me. His tensed body became relaxed as his body came in contact with mine.
 
"Thank God you're alive," I heard him say.
 
 
I heard quick footsteps coming our way. JiYoon came in the view.
 
"Is she okay now?" Her voice unconcerned.
 
"Yoona, do you feel alright? Are you breathing properly? Does anywhere in your body hurt?" Kris spoke up.
 
"I'm okay," I said. Even if I'm not,  there's no hospital near here and the roads are still blocked.
 
"You sure?" Jessica's voice was worried .
 
"I'm sure," I said, smiling a little.
 
Luhan wrapped a towel around me.
 
"Thank you for saving Yoona out of the pool and for doing the CPR," Luhan said facing Chanyeol.
 
"I didn't want to lose my bestfriend," Chanyeol turned to me and smiled. I smiled back, touched to what he said.
 
"Let's go back inside. She needs to change into warm clothes," JiYoon said.
 
I got up slowly with the help of Luhan and Chanyeol and we all went inside.
 
 
 
 
After dinner I excused myself and Jessica and went to our room. I needed to talk to her. She was the only one that could believe me. Even though Chanyeol is my bestfriend and Luhan my boyfriend, I don't want them to think I'm going crazy.
 
"Tell me what happened. How did you drown?" She spoke up first.
 
"Unnie, promise me you'll believe everything I'm about to say?" 
 
"Is this something to do with..Sulli?" she asked worriedly.
 
I nodded slowly. "I was about to get out of the pool when something pulled me from under. I don't know what it was but it felt like a hand as it was gripping my ankle. I couldn't get out of the grip since it was too strong and then...." I didn't finish my sentence.
 
A sudden flashback came to me. A vivid flashback.
 
 A girl..white dress..
 
Sulli.
 
A shiver went down my spine.
 
"And then what?" Jessica asked, her hands on my shoulder.
 
"Sulli," I whispered.
 
Her face was shocked and confused at the same time. 
 
"Did you see her under the water. Was she the one who pulled you?" 
 
"I..I don't know. But I didn't see her under water. She was at the edge of the pool..looking down at me," I said remembering.
 
Her eyes widened in shock.
 
"Look, there's obviously something going on in this house. JiYoon is hiding something , the ghost of Sulli appeared to us all and probably will keep going in the future, me drowning because of an unexplainable reason... This is getting worse. I know I sound paranoid but after what happened to me today, I don't think I can stay in this house for a few more days. I want to get out of here." I confessed.
 
She squeezed my shoulders. "Alright, I'll talk to Kris. Krystal wants to get away from this place too."
 
"Thank you."
 
"I really want to investigate though. I'm curious of what JiYoon's hiding," she said thoughtfully.
 
"Unnie, no. Who knows what that woman is hiding," I warned her.
 
"Come on, let's go back downstairs. I'll talk to Kris tonight," she held my hands and we both walked out of the room.
 
 
 
 
 
I got back in our room after changing in my pyjamas and found Krystal alone, sitting on her bed, staring bluntly at the window. She turned quickly in my direction as soon as she heard me go in.
 
"How are you feeling?" She asked concerned.
 
"Better," I answered.
 
She sighed and looked outside the window again.
 
"I really think we should get out of this house. I don't feel safe here. You drowning doesn't seem coincidental...somehow it feels like it's connected to Sulli. Tell me how did you really drown?" She looked back at me.
 
I didn't want to tell her the truth. She's scared enough as she is already. I tried to avoid her question.
 
"Jessica's discussing with Kris right now if we can leave tomorrow," I said as I made my way to my bed. At the same time the door opened revealing Jessica.
 
"Kris and Xiumin are driving tomorrow to see how bad the flood is. If the van can make it through the floods we go, if not, I'm afraid we have no choice," she announced.
 
Krystal and I both nodded, relieved at the thought of leaving this place tomorrow, even if we're not sure yet if we can go.
 
"Yoona, you look tired, get some rest." her words felt like she was my own sister.
 
I nodded and smiled, touched at her careness towards me.
 
We heard the door knocked. Luhan peeped in.
 
"Hi," He smiled.
 
I stood up and got out of the room.
 
"Just wanted to see if you're feeling better," he caressed my cheek.
 
My head leant slightly towards his touch. "No need to worry, I'm okay now."
 
"Who's boyfriend would not worry after his girlfriend just drowned?," he joked around yet his voice was serious.
 
I smiled to the word 'boyfriend'. His sentence made me squeal inside. 
 
He made me forget my worries.
 
We stared at each other, enjoying the quiet and calm atmosphere. Until he slowly leaned towards me. My eyes widened as I realised what was about to happen. My heart sped up drastically. I closed my eyes not knowing what to do, waiting for the moment.
 
He was just inches away from my lips when we heard someone cleared their throat.
We both jumped and turned towards where the noise came from.
 
Chanyeol was standing awkwardly by the door with a blank expression. I blushed while Luhan scratched the back of his head, looking around avoiding Chanyeol's eyes.
 
"Sorry, I was heading to the bathroom. I didn't mean to interrupt," he said in a monotone voice. He looked..pissed.
 
Awkward. Silence.
 
"You feeling better?" he changed the subject.
 
"Everyone needs to stop worrying. I'm okay now," I said.
 
"Who's bestfriend would not worry after his bestfriend just drowned?" He rolled his eyes.
 
I shut up. That was exactly what Luhan said.
 
"Yoona, get some sleep. You've been through a lot today," Chanyeol changed the subject again.
 
"Right, you need plenty of rest. I'll see you again tomorrow. Goodnight," Luhan hugged me. His touch made me melt inside.
 
Chanyeol stepped aside to let Luhan pass. He came over to me.
 
"You sure you're okay?" he was still genuinely concerned.
 
"I'm perfectly fine, you've asked me that a hundred times already" I whined.
 
"I'm sorry, I'm just making sure. Do you know how much panic I was in when I saw u lifelessly in the pool? I'm surprised my brain functioned properly and got you out of the water in time," he said.
 
"Thank you. For saving my life. I don't know what else to say to show you deeply thankful I am," I smiled. 
 
I hugged him. He patted my hair.
 
"It's okay. I'm just glad you're breathing again." He hugged me tighter.
 
"Alright, it's time for you to go to bed," He broke the hug. "I need to rest too after what happened to you today."
 
He walked towards his bedroom.
 
"I thought you're going to the bathroom?" I asked.
 
He paused for a moment, confused.
 
"Uhh..Oh yeah.. I should be going.. that way," he laughed awkwardly while pointing towards the bathroom. He made his way to the end of the hall.
 
I laughed and shook my head as I went to my own room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I woke up drowsily and it was still dark. I stirred around trying to get back to sleep again when I heard the bed beside me creaking. I saw Jessica getting up.
 
Jessica realised that I have woken up. "Go back to sleep," she whispered.
 
"Where are you going?" I whispered back.
 
"Getting something to drink downstairs, I'm thirsty," 
 
"Do you always wake up in the middle of the night and get thirsty?"
 
"No, it's just I can't sleep." 
 
I felt myself drifting back to sleep. "Oh ok, I'm going back to sleep," I mumbled, my eyes drooping.
 
"You should. It's only 3 am," I heard her say. 
 
The last thing I heard was the door closing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yoona! Wake up! Yoona!," someone shook me vigorously.
 
I woke up finding Krystal's panic face.
 
"Wake up! Help us find Jessica," her voice shaky.
 
"What? What do you mean?" my grogginess gone as I got up.
 
"SHE'S MISSING!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So much for updating early xD  I said in the previous chapter that I was going to update early this week but I was really busy with school so I didn't have time. Mianhe :/ 
 
Hi to new subscribers ^^ 
 @10kpromises not your fault unnie :) As I said I grew fond with the characters.  This story did not follow my plan at all in the first place anyway xD Somehow it turned slightly light-hearted and less tragic so it definitely wouldn't fit in the story if I kill the characters. ^^
 
@yumikk623 & @nanaland good news. I decided not to kill the characters ahaha :)
 
Wonder what happened to Jessica 0.o
 
Anyway till the next update! ^^ annyeong~
 
[Random] Alright I'll change the tags xD But I don't know if I'll add KrisSica since they only have little moments in this story.